Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The shin bar I see being an issue more-so for taller people, especially if u have a really long upper leg if that makes sense.

I sat in the test seat to me it seemed identical to Mummy. I'm 5'10" I had to give it a pretty good push against my legs to get the green light.

Rode Gringotts earlier today (mind blown, completely) and the "tilting" must be referring to an up/down tilt as I don't remember any side to side tilting at all. Unlike Spiderman, these ride vehicles stay flat on one latitudinal axis and don't tilt. Don't let that disappoint you though, the cars give you a nice ride.

This ride was even better than I expected. I think it's as close to a "game changer" as the theme park industry has seen in a while. I think it's every bit as good as Spiderman. Not gonna say it's better, but ever since Spiderman opened 15 years ago, I've wait and waited for something, anything to match it. Nothing has, not the Mummy, not Mission Space, not Expedition Everest, not even Forbidden Journey or Transformers or Radiator Springs Racers at DL which I rode a few months ago. In Gringotts Bank we finally have a ride that leaves you completely in awe when you get off and thinking "how the hell did they do that?" I cannot wait to ride again.

First, thank you for the tilt info. I wondered if that was all it referred to.

Also, love your review of the ride and the very definitive comparisons that you provided. It gives me pause.

So my Dad tried the test seat the other day and couldn't get the green light. My question is does that mean it's a definite no or is there still a chance he'll fit in the 3rd row? :shrug:

First, thank you for the tilt info. I wondered if that was all it referred to.

Also, love your review of the ride and the very definitive comparisons that you provided. It gives me pause.

And keep in mind, I've always been an animatronic/physical set kinda guy and a harsh critic of the move to rides with just 3D screens. So you'd think a ride like Gringotts that is almost entirely 3D screen would not make the top of my list, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Despite Forbidden Journey having far more amazing physical sets and moving animatronics, Gringotts is just a better ride in my opinion. The video quality is FAR better, and you have the giant larger than life screens (as opposed to the tiny individual screens in FJ that just never did it for me).

I still can't decide if it's better than Spiderman. Spidey just has always had a special place in my heart, so maybe Gringotts actually IS better but I'm not allowing myself to believe it. I think I need to ride it again, and then head over to Spidey to decide for sure. In any case, I believe these are the top two theme park experiences in the country.

Last edited:
I tried the test seat and couldn't get a green light, but I risked the line and got in and was able to fit in the ride. I think the test seat is smaller - can anyone verify that with me? Also I think the second and third rows have slightly more leg space than the first. If your Dad just barely misses the green light in the test seat, try out the ride.

And keep in mind, I've always been an animatronic/physical set kinda guy and a harsh critic of the move to rides with just 3D screens. So you'd think a ride like Gringotts that is almost entirely 3D screen would not make the top of my list, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Despite Forbidden Journey having far more amazing physical sets and moving animatronics, Gringotts is just a better ride in my opinion. The video quality is FAR better, and you have the giant larger than life screens (as opposed to the tiny individual screens in FJ that just never did it for me).

I still can't decide if it's better than Spiderman. Spidey just has always had a special place in my heart, so maybe Gringotts actually IS better but I'm not allowing myself to believe it. I think I need to ride it again, and then head over to Spidey to decide for sure. In any case, I believe these are the top two theme park experiences in the country.

Good to hear a considered analysis of the ride! I'm slightly saddened to hear that it has fewer / less impressive sets than FJ, but from the sounds of your review it makes up in other areas.

That astronomy tower set in the first scene of FJ though... :drool:

The sets that Gringott's has are very impressive though. The ride as a whole feels like a place you are actually in, as compared to FJ where it just feels like you are moving past scenes.

http://www.clickorlando.com/image/view/-/24079748/highRes/1/-/p2ukc3z/-/gringotts2-jpg.jpg

This part was very impressive, the fact that the show building is so tall but most of the ride takes palce close to the ground gives the scenes immense verticality and scale.

Last edited:
The sets that Gringott's has are very impressive though. The ride as a whole feels like a place you are actually in, as compared to FJ where it just feels like you are moving past scenes.

http://www.clickorlando.com/image/view/-/24079748/highRes/1/-/p2ukc3z/-/gringotts2-jpg.jpg

This part was very impressive, the fact that the show building is so tall but most of the ride takes palce close to the ground gives the scenes immense verticality and scale.

If that is in the ride as a physical set, I'm a happy camper! :smiley:

Reports on twitter are saying that the ride is running both sides of the loading dock now. It'll be interesting to see if it is that way tomorrow, how reliable the ride will be with both sides running, and the wait times.

FJ feels crammed (in a good way, a creepy way) while Gringotts feels very spacious. Also FJ and Spiderman's physical sets are much more obvious than Gringotts. Gringotts does have physical sets but they are so blended in with the film screen that you really can't tell what's real and what's film. For me it FELT like 95% of the ride was film but I know it's because the physical set is so perfectly blended with it. Don't take that as a negative because, again, the film in this ride is INCREDIBLY convincing.

FJ feels crammed (in a good way, a creepy way) while Gringotts feels very spacious. Also FJ and Spiderman's physical sets are much more obvious than Gringotts. Gringotts does have physical sets but they are so blended in with the film screen that you really can't tell what's real and what's film. For me it FELT like 95% of the ride was film but I know it's because the physical set is so perfectly blended with it. Don't take that as a negative because, again, the film in this ride is INCREDIBLY convincing.

I know it might seem a waste, but someone should ride it without the glasses so that we can hear how much real there is. Let's pick skubersky for this job as he is apparently living in Diagon now.

We know that there is at least one long stretch with incredibly tall cavern walls...

My friend that rode G.B said that its all screens and that it was cold as hell inside. I would have liked to see a Voldermort AA at least.

I know it might seem a waste, but someone should ride it without the glasses so that we can hear how much real there is. Let's pick skubersky for this job as he is apparently living in Diagon now.

We know that there is at least one long stretch with incredibly tall cavern walls...

I will probably ride it without the glasses in the future when I am able to go because I love seeing the ride without them.

My friend that rode G.B said that its all screens and that it was cold as hell inside. I would have liked to see a Voldermort AA at least.

Well, I know that it ISN'T all screens... so, it seems your friend was was fooled by the seamless nature of it all I suspect. Regarding the cold, I cannot attest, but it sounds very like a reasonable statement.

See any screens in this picture?

BqdaoB5IIAA599b.jpg:large

Last edited:
Teebin, I'll be honest, I don't remember anything besides the screens. I know there has to be physical sets, and the images floating around show that, but when you're in the vehicle you don't see much physical set, or like I said earlier it's probably there but just extremely well merged with the film. I was experiencing sensory overload and was kinda dazed when I road it because I was excited and it all feels like a blur, but I just cannot remember much in the sense of physical sets. I'll try and ride again soon, without the glasses this time.