Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the biggest possible fallout is that Universal will see people postponing trips until they perceive that capacity has gone up or waits have gone down. Other than a short term financial fallout due to delayed trips, I think they're going to come out of this just fine.

I also think they will come out fine as long as the capacity issue is fixed in the next week or two. Which is sounds like they are making great strides in doing this and so I am crossing my fingers this happens. I don't even think it will have a short term impact since the general population has no clue that Gringotts wait was 460 minutes. My bigger concern was people going home and telling their friends about the long wait if it continues past opening week or two.

How is the wait in the afternon, 6-7pm ?

I got in line today at 5:00 with a 300 minute wait (the ride was down at the time). Later on around 6 the wait was adjusted to 180 minutes. I got on the ride right around 8:00. They've typically been closing the line at 7PM so I would stick closer to 6 just to be safe.

What is this mega piece of metal in the bottom center of this picture. It looks like something that should be holding a cable on the golden gate bridge. Is that what it takes to push and pull the tipping track? What serious business lurks within the shadows of Gringotts, the attraction?

BsSubFzCcAElsDi.jpg:large

Wow that video... thing is with ugly crying, you kinda have to be pretty with when your face is normal... [HASHTAG]#bitch[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#iwentthere[/HASHTAG]

What is this mega piece of metal in the bottom center of this picture. It looks like something that should be holding a cable on the golden gate bridge. Is that what it takes to push and pull the tipping track? What serious business lurks within the shadows of Gringotts, the attraction?

This is interesting. I would love to learn more about the tech behind the attraction. For some reason, the tipping track really interests me. Would love to see a pic of it.

This is so obnoxious that it's actually kind of funny...

[video=youtube_share;HRWW-Bjlc4g]http://youtu.be/HRWW-Bjlc4g[/video]

I clicked play expecting to hate what I saw. I actually thought it was reeaallyyy funny.

I have no problem with people who get sincerely emotional over this stuff, but the absurdism of that video is hilarious. If you only watched the first 30 seconds, you probably missed the parts that make it obvious it's a joke. I liked the team member's Streetcar Named Desire reference (or possibly Seinfeld, just as good).

That is a bearing block. there is another on the other side... And they are the pivot points for the tilting track. Sandwiched between those are a plurality of Hydraulic Cylinders.