Dream Rides (ArmChair Universal Creative) | Inside Universal Forums

Dream Rides (ArmChair Universal Creative)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to see the following rides in a Harry Potter land but not in Orlando
- Hogwarts Castle Omnimover (nothing intense)
- The Forbidden Forest.(Similar to Forbidden Journey but entirely with a coherent storyline through the Forbidden Forest)
- PROPER Flight of Hippogriff Avatar/Soarin'-esque simulator like the scene in HP3

A brand new modern Universal technology Back To The Future ride would be badass

I've always really wanted a maze at Halloween Horror Nights based on "Quarantine" and "The Hills Have Eyes". A few scenes that stick out in my mind...

Quarantine: a hallway with a plastic wall where you see silhouettes of soldiers on the other side dropping in and shooting puffs of air out at "escapees"; passing by a long corridor where the infected old lady runs at guests using a mirror trick; passing through the operating room where we see the veterinarian trying to help the wounded guy...this would be a show room, with blood spurts and the victim going crazy

HHE: the gas station in the first few scenes with old country music and beads hanging in the doorways lends itself perfectly to an opening room for a house, as does the nuclear village; a wall-burst scene with the mutants in the nuclear house, similar to the Frankenstein effect in House of Horrors; passing by the family's RV, rocking and with screams coming from inside with victim hands and mutant heads popping out at guests

Yeah, I have a lot of downtime at work lately :lol:

What rides do you dream of seeing?
Iron Man Flyer
JP Flyer
Another actual themed roller coaster in the studios.
Trackless Spongebob Darkride Like Poohs HoneyHunt
I Like MIB but it's old. Would love a shooter or competitive family ride in both IOA and UNIVERSAL or just another one period!
GreatMovieRide type ride where Shrek Is. It's production studios. What better way to represent the park. Cn be a break from the simulators and roller coasters in the area.
Two Water Rides on Universal side or one great one long as Dudley.
Long shotting this one: Suess HIGH IN THE SKY ride Traveling through every or most of the Islands on the lagoon side in the air and making some type of rhyme with some of the characters or stories. Give nice long family ride and able to see.
A Super Mario Smash Brothers Battle Ride
A TMNT Dark ride
Just a few.

I have a few reasonable and I've been more thinking this lately with some things popping up but onto it:

-Iron Man Comic based B&M LSM Flyer *Hoping it becomes true*
-Fast & Furious in San Fransico *Its signs says yea of coming*
-Coraline Dark ride using Mystic Manor meets Transformers ride technology
-MIB and Mystery Plot replaced by a new land based on Star Trek

Adding Tokyo to Universal consisting of
A Fast and Furious test track ride
Pacific Rim simulator
Godzilla dark ride
Memoirs of a Geisha show
and an pokemon/hellokitty/anime/manga mini-land with a kick butt gift shop

A dark ride through the Redwood forest where you're under attack by Caesar's army would be good. It could be a slow moving dark ride for most of it then speed up towards the end.

I saw the movie yesterday Dawn of the Planet of The Apes. I must say great movie! Would Translate well into a a jeep ride through the forest or the city.
Those vehicles in the movie would seat about a good 20 people per vehicle if done like a ride 4 rows five people or 5 rows 4 people!
If UNI decided to do a planet of the apes attraction, would hope it goes on Universal side not to interfere with Kong!

Reactions: Jenstar
Middle Earth attraction based on the duel of Gandalf the Grey vs Saruman the White in a replica of Orthanc.
The ride is a combination of a space shot like ride but you need to stand in this one in a Manta (Sea World) like harness, but it also can tip you face down like the Falcon Fury's ride at Bush Gardens but also on your back. Besides that the group of 4 persons on 1 side can turn around so you can spiral to the floor or the sealing. All movements are controllable and don't use the space shot technology.
You take the role of Gandalf who get's thrown around the highly themed building by Saruman who will be there at different levels in the building by Musion technology. Added special effects and darkness will add to the experience.

I've always wanted a IOA submarine ride to replace the skipper tour docks. It would be a mix of 20K and hogwarts express where it would take you up to Jurassic park for travel. You look out the window of your
sub and see AAs for each island your under. For example

Seuss- fishes and speeches
LC- Crumbled statues and an opening to Atlantis
WWOHP- mermaids
JP- hadrosaurs and other aquatic dinosaurs
TL- Popeye squid
MSHI- hydro man and other aquatic superheroes fighting along with radiation leak

Something like that would do just dandy for the parks, especially since there is already a submarine at dock for that area. I know it would probably never happen due to how actually deep the lagoon really is but hey, it's a dream project for a reason

Reactions: Jenstar
Year round American Horror Story based haunted house in a Classic Universal Horror area that gee.
Escape from Norman Bates...a haunted mansion like ride though the bates motel and House but beware of Mother.
Dracula's Flight, A indoor B&M flyer with screens as you experience flying with Dracula over Transylvania looking for blood to drink.
Frankenstein's Lab, an interactive experience where you build your own monsters to life (build a bear concept with individualized parts)
The Creature from the black lagoon, go out on a boat ride through the lagoon to be attacked by the creature