Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How does park entrance work w/Gringotts? Do they let you in an hour early to wait in line or something like opening day?

That is a bearing block. there is another on the other side... And they are the pivot points for the tilting track. Sandwiched between those are a plurality of Hydraulic Cylinders.

Why thanks... really surprised there is someone on this site that could quickly answer such a technical question! Is one that size typically "off the shelf" or would it have been custom made?

Tipping track=seesaw? Or the track shown above?

The large metal thing at the bottom of the picture above is one of the pivots for the tipping track that cannot be seen in the picture. You can see track in the upper left hand corner of the pic, but I don't believe that is the tipping part of the track... just continuing flat track.

This is so obnoxious that it's actually kind of funny...

[video=youtube_share;HRWW-Bjlc4g]http://youtu.be/HRWW-Bjlc4g[/video]

That video was HILARIOUS. I don't know how you couldn't find the humor in it. "Look at the owls.. :crying: There's so many of them." Lmao.

What are the wait times today? I will be there next weekend (onsite)
and was wondering if first weekend waits were/are like grand opening

Seems to be hovering around 2.5/3 hours. Single riders are reporting 1/1.5 hours. No line to enter Diagon itself currently:) I'll be onsite next weekend as well!

Updates and discussion on how the new land is fairing in terms of crowds and wait times has really been lacking lately. Half the updates are in the Gringotts thread, some are here, some are in the reviews section, etc. I've had to use twitter search to get updates lately which is sad given this site has always been my go-to.

Universal guest services are really nice. I called them about the rain check tickets I got on opening day when it went down for the night. They expire the 16th but they extended them through the 21st because I explained to them I already had a tripped planned for that weekend.

So anyone who has tried to get into Florean Fortescue's knows that the line tends to stretch all the way down Horizont Alley and blocks an interactive window as well as the entrances to The Fountain of Fair Fortune. I also causes a cluster as it usually blocks an entrance to Knockturn Alley and is right next to 2 more interactive spots. Now here's my solution, Madame Malkin's has an indoor queue space at Eeylop's Owl Emporium that never really gets used and when it does only has maybe 10 people in it at the most (probably because most of the stuff you can buy in there can be bought in most Universal stores). I think they should use the space for Florean Fortescue's queue and free up Horizont Alley. The only downside is that you may have a small line on Diagon Alley for Madame Malkin's but I think that's a fair trade. What do you guys think?

Before:
FFBefore.png

After:
FFAfter.png

Yeah the line for ice cream isn't the greatest. But in comparison to Phase 1, Universal has nailed crowd control enough to forgive them on this one. I think using the owl emporium queue room would be smart too but I'm not sure what kind of lines Madame Malkin is getting. It was pretty empty when I visited during soft openings.

So. Hypothetically. What would 1,500 people spread out across Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley mean for wait times?

I have no idea what the capacity of Diagon Alley is like, but I want to know how much I can expect to get done at a four-hour event.

So. Hypothetically. What would 1,500 people spread out across Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley mean for wait times?

I have no idea what the capacity of Diagon Alley is like, but I want to know how much I can expect to get done at a four-hour event.

Well I guess it comes down to if everyone will bum rush gringotts or not. I would expect most of the people to be in diagon but even opening day the streets were relatively clear.

As for wait times, gringotts would onky max out at 2 hours if all 1500 were in line for it with them only running 3 trains. So it should be fine.

Well I guess it comes down to if everyone will bum rush gringotts or not. I would expect most of the people to be in diagon but even opening day the streets were relatively clear.

As for wait times, gringotts would onky max out at 2 hours if all 1500 were in line for it with them only running 3 trains. So it should be fine.
I think most people attending this event haven't been to Hogsmeade yet and might be experiencing them both for the same time. So I think the 1500 should be split nicely.

So anyone who has tried to get into Florean Fortescue's knows that the line tends to stretch all the way down Horizont Alley and blocks an interactive window as well as the entrances to The Fountain of Fair Fortune. I also causes a cluster as it usually blocks an entrance to Knockturn Alley and is right next to 2 more interactive spots. Now here's my solution, Madame Malkin's has an indoor queue space at Eeylop's Owl Emporium that never really gets used and when it does only has maybe 10 people in it at the most (probably because most of the stuff you can buy in there can be bought in most Universal stores). I think they should use the space for Florean Fortescue's queue and free up Horizont Alley. The only downside is that you may have a small line on Diagon Alley for Madame Malkin's but I think that's a fair trade. What do you guys think?

Great idea. Robe-sizing hasn't caught on like Olivanders did in Hogsmeade. Not a contractor, but I imagine something that could be pulled off over a long overnight.

Great idea. Robe-sizing hasn't caught on like Olivanders did in Hogsmeade. Not a contractor, but I imagine something that could be pulled off over a long overnight.

You think thats due to cost? Time? People not knowing about it? (I didn't know it was a thing, just thought it was a shop).