Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just mean the roller coaster parts, I don't think there is any themeing to be missed unless you know something. You can totally see the beautiful sets in the rest of the ride, its generally spinning you so the 360 degree sets aren't going to waste.

I just mean the roller coaster parts, I don't think there is any themeing to be missed unless you know something. You can totally see the beautiful sets in the rest of the ride, its generally spinning you so the 360 degree sets aren't going to waste.

Oh... well then, this is good. (I don't jump to conclusions really fast at all... nossuh, not me!)

Here's another POV. Courtesy of MyThemeParkPOV/TheTimTracker

[video=youtube;DJHfF2udZv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJHfF2udZv8[/video]

Yeah, no scenery is gone to waste on this ride. The only sections where there is no physical set and/or rock work of some kind is during the high speed portions which are purposely done in pitch blackness.

I rode two more times today (including one with the glasses off) and I took a good look at the physical sets. There are definitely more physical sets than I noticed the 1st time riding. It's just when those glasses are on, the film and the sets blend together so perfectly, thanks in part to the low lighting. It almost doesn't matter how much of the ride is physical set and how much is film because the combination of the two is so enveloping that it becomes the most immersive theme park attraction in the entire world.

Another thing I noticed riding two more times today, is there's a HUGE difference between sitting in the front car and sitting in the back car. That's one area that makes this ride very different than either Spiderman or Mummy, both of which give pretty much the same ride experience no matter where you sit. With Gringotts you will get very different ride experiences sitting in the front car versus the back car. The front car is MUCH better for sight lines and viewing the screens. Sitting in the back you see people's heads and parts of the ride vehicle which annoyed me a bit. But sitting in the back also gives you a more intense ride. The opening see-saw part is AMAZING sitting in the very back row of the back car.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Can you request a row to sit in? If so, which would you choose for a first time rider?

First time ride, I'd say first row of the first car if possible. MUCH better view of everything, and no heads in the way. But I don't think you can request it (although I haven't tried asking).

But the last row of last car is worth it just for the opening scene with the tilting. I swear, the reviewers who wrote that this is a much tamer ride than FJ did not sit back there. There is nothing on FJ that makes you panicked with anticipation like you get in Gringotts in that back row during that opening scene. I mean it's nothing super crazy, but I wouldn't take grandpa on it (which is what some of the early reviews made it seem by calling it a "family ride").

Last edited:
I agree with some who have said that this is the most immersive ride they have ever ridden. It didn't feel like a ride. It felt like you were truly a part of the adventure that was going on. From the moment you walk in the lobby to when you step off the ride you are immersed in this world. The 3D was simply stunning and just amazing in depth and size. It blended in perfectly with the sets. If this type of 3d is what they are using on Kong then that is going to be amazing. It is like Universal Creative took everything they learned from Spiderman, The Mummy and Forbidden Journey and using existing tech created a one of a kind ride. They have raised the bar again but it is now so high I don't know if even they will ever top it. Can't wait for them to get this ride running at full capacity so I can ride it again and again.

Geeez, the scripts SUCKS. The first time we see Voldy, he says, "I know you've seen Harry Potter (to muggles)... he was in your vault Bellatrix...(to Bellatrix as if she were stupid)" Then there's a pregnant pause before Bellatrix speaks... "I thought I got rid of him, muggleborns! [ZAP]" it makes it to appear that she forgot her line for a second. Very awkward.

Voldy: "You've been assisting Harry Potter in his theft of Bellatrix's vault!"

Bell: "[knowingly and emphatically]My Vault! [in a loud maniacal scream] WRETCHED MUGGLES!!! ARGH!!! [ZAP]"

this is funny :lol:

Looks like a great ride. However, why does the Kuka screen drop so soon? Was it originally designed to drop about 2 seconds later, but they changed it due to clearance or syncing issues? There seems to be a black part of the video that would disguise the kuka screen dropping, but that doesn't start until 2 seconds after it drops. It just seems like it was not intended to be this way, but they might not have a choice due to it being too close of a call with the clearance of the train. You can kind of see the outline of the screen as well, but that isn't as big of a deal as the entire screen noticeably dropping.

After watching about 5 different povs and riding it once I think it just depends on the fog coverage. Once it gets more reliable at filling the entire space it should be fine.

Hopefully someone can help me out here... I've been on the ride now 6 times.. I just spent a week at the parks on vacation but I'm unfortunately now back in LA :( (Best trip ever tho and can't wait to go back) anyways, can someone please, and I apologize if this has been addressed before, explain the appearance of the trio in the ride.. It seems so real to me and the voices seem pretty good (unlike the Hogwarts Express) ..... I heard that they filmed extra scenes for this but I also heard Daniel deny it. I can see how they may be animated or something, as they are generally off in the distance on screen, but if that is the case, they sure do look great and the voices are spectacular!! Could someone please shed some light on this for me... Thanks

Hopefully someone can help me out here... I've been on the ride now 6 times.. I just spent a week at the parks on vacation but I'm unfortunately now back in LA :( (Best trip ever tho and can't wait to go back) anyways, can someone please, and I apologize if this has been addressed before, explain the appearance of the trio in the ride.. It seems so real to me and the voices seem pretty good (unlike the Hogwarts Express) ..... I heard that they filmed extra scenes for this but I also heard Daniel deny it. I can see how they may be animated or something, as they are generally off in the distance on screen, but if that is the case, they sure do look great and the voices are spectacular!! Could someone please shed some light on this for me... Thanks

they are CGI I think, and the voice is not them either.

Attempting to ride now for the first time. Broke down just after I exited the elevator where you pick up the glasses. Been stuck here fie about 30 minutes.

Bless your little heart for thinking Hermione's voice was spectacular. Hate to bring it up again, but that voice actor did not sound like Emma to me. Not even a little bit. They should have just pulled a line from the actual movie with her real voice.

Rupert filmed and recorded audio for the DA expansion but Dan and Emma did not. They used CGI body doubles for them that were built during the time of the movies and had voice actors record their lines. Harry's voice actor did a suitable job but I think Hermione sounds nothing like her...sounds like an old lady!

Twitter updates have been lackluster the past couple days. Trying to get a grasp on capacity, if both sides are operating, single rider operations etc. All I found this morning was 180 min wait by 8am, 300 min wait by 9am and comments about lots of down time.