Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very strange that there won't be a 3D house this year

True, but after The In-Between and Penn & Teller, may be time to give the gimmick a break for a year or two. I'd just as soon not see creative get locked into to certain patterns and feeling a need to do certain houses each year, even if it means things like no dark humor house last year.

True, but after The In-Between and Penn & Teller, may be time to give the gimmick a break for a year or two. I'd just as soon not see creative get locked into to certain patterns and feeling a need to do certain houses each year, even if it means things like no dark humor house last year.

totally agree with you, there is nothing worse when horror nights gets into a pattern every year. Stuff like "we need 4 IP's 4 originals one 3D one comedy" gets predictable after a while

I saw Purge: Anarchy today (much better than the first BTW), and it would be absolutely perfect as a scarezone. They even can recycle the ice cream truck and fit it in rather nicely with the new movie too.

Purge could easily be our chainsaw zone this year, this movie was more action while the first was more thrills and jumps. But I honestly believe this would be an excellent scare zone and the ice cream truck crew would be along, along with they are able to get one of the semi's from the movie in a zone with the back open, would be pretty awesome too.

Its also could be time they bring back the building projections, showing the Purge countdown clock, as well as the videos of the rebels resisting.

Purge could easily be our chainsaw zone this year, this movie was more action while the first was more thrills and jumps. But I honestly believe this would be an excellent scare zone and the ice cream truck crew would be along, along with they are able to get one of the semi's from the movie in a zone with the back open, would be pretty awesome too.

Its also could be time they bring back the building projections, showing the Purge countdown clock, as well as the videos of the rebels resisting.

The Semi as well...good stuff

I may be out of the pop culture loop, but how popular is From Dusk Till Dawn?

Its a mainstream movie people know about, the show not so much since its on a network not many people know or watch as far as I know.

But people know the name, this is definitely a cross promotion type of IP IMHO...Horror nights gets the FDTD name, and the show gets much needed marketing that "hey this show exists and its awesome, come watch"

Its a mainstream movie people know about, the show not so much since its on a network not many people know or watch as far as I know.

But people know the name, this is definitely a cross promotion type of IP IMHO...Horror nights gets the FDTD name, and the show gets much needed marketing that "hey this show exists and its awesome, come watch"

I know I was familiar with the movie, but did not watch it on TV. I am planning on watching once its on Netflix. Someone did mention the backside of the titty twister was an ancient burial ruin (in the movie it is the very last scene). Dont know if that is in the TV series, but they may be able use that for additional content for the maze.

I had never heard of the El Ray network or the FDTD series before the house announcement either. I have done some limited research as to what it is and from what I've read it is the same director as the original movie and it sounds like his favorite scene in the original movie was where it showed that the bar was built on top of the ancient temple. He sounded like he really wanted to flesh out that entire motif further but it sounds like that would likely be the cliffhanger of season 1 and season 2 would begin exploring it more in depth.

I have the El Rey network on Direct TV. Yep they do explore the temple side a bit more.

As for Purge, I would only expect a few chainsaws but not the gang. They might be else where. I'm sure it will be the same as Hollywood had it. Just the announcement with a siren. Anyone think we might have a Purge opening gate show?

I have the El Rey network on Direct TV. Yep they do explore the temple side a bit more.

As for Purge, I would only expect a few chainsaws but not the gang. They might be else where. I'm sure it will be the same as Hollywood had it. Just the announcement with a siren. Anyone think we might have a Purge opening gate show?

Due to it's location, I think we'll see one for people in the Stay & Scream. Nothing major, though.

im pretty glad about no 3D house for now, they should give it a rest for a couple of years

Based on the way that Afterlife had such a low rating. I'm sure it's all for the best. Come back with a fresh idea.

It will be strange if there's no zone in Production Central.

@HorrorNightsORL just tweeted that our next reveal will be tonight at 11pm.

BtGLBVJCAAEBRJl.png

^ Oh, well... It IS coming back... so there. The Captain codeword was for Kirk which was for Shatner which is for Halloween, which is for the original. So there... no rumor... it is fact...