CityWalk Expansion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I miss the picture updates of the progress going on. How far along IS Cowfish these days? That is the most anticipated restaurant for us.

At the moment all construction is really on the inside..I tried to take pics last time and you can't see a thing

FWIW, my mom is Italian and my parents love good food, and they cannot stop raving about Vivo food quality. Then it blows their mind on what a good value it is.

FWIW, my mom is Italian and my parents love good food, and they cannot stop raving about Vivo food quality. Then it blows their mind on what a good value it is.

Seriously, the food is being given away. Ssh. Tell no one.

Well I recently got invited to a dinner with Derek Burgan, Seth Kubersky, and an amazing variety of other folks. The dinner was hosted by Len Testa of touring plans and was held at Antojitos Up. Now I'm not much for Mexican, in fact I quite dislike it. So I went into this not knowing what to expect and not even knowing what I'm gonna eat. But I couldn't turn it down so I happily took up the offer and arrived at Antojitos last Thursday. When we were seated I still didn't quite know how Len did these dinners but everyone kept being like pace yourself. Lol alright...

Little did I know they were going to order every single item off the menu... I mean everything... Then everyone sampled all of it. Well hell I figured you only live once I'm trying everything! And I did! The food here is outstanding, easily in my top 5 of offerings at Universal Orlando. My personal favorites were the guacamole for an appetizer which again before this I didn't much care for it but this was delicious! Also of note was the Tuna Tostadas and Seafood Cocktail, again both very very good. For entrees it's tough to decide but I think the Menonita Shrimp may of been my favorite with the Rib Eye and Pork Loin close behind. Those shrimp should be illegal they were so good. Finally for desert it's between the Lava Cake or the banana pudding thing. Both were just a great end to a great meal!

Thank You Derek Burgan for the invite and a huge thanks to Len for paying for all of it lol.

Len is famous for those types of dinners. Haha. I met him once at the MK. He's a really cool guy and a lot of fun to talk to.

Its way overpriced...but I cant comment on the taste as Im not a huge hot dog fan. But after seeing the menu, it seems more ridiculous than Bread Box in terms of prices.

I don't see the Hall of Fame's prices as being that crazy. The hot dogs are just a little bit more than you would pay for a specialty dog at a regular cart, but they don't seem to have a lower price point for those who do not want a specialty dog. The footlong is a little crazy, and the two foot is ridiculous. What gets you are the sides and drinks, but I see this as a place for a quick snack anyways. Probably better off with another choice if your looking for a meal.

I don't see the Hall of Fame's prices as being that crazy. The hot dogs are just a little bit more than you would pay for a specialty dog at a regular cart, but they don't seem to have a lower price point for those who do not want a specialty dog. The footlong is a little crazy, and the two foot is ridiculous. What gets you are the sides and drinks, but I see this as a place for a quick snack anyways. Probably better off with another choice if your looking for a meal.

Well yeah I guess thats what I meant. For what you get, I think its overpriced. Its not a hot dog cart but its not a meal either...for a snack I guess its ok but with a drink and sides it seems pricey for what it is.

Well yeah I guess thats what I meant. For what you get, I think its overpriced. Its not a hot dog cart but its not a meal either...for a snack I guess its ok but with a drink and sides it seems pricey for what it is.

I just looked up the menu ready to see some real price gouging. But $6.99 for a hot dog with all the fixings? That doesn't sound bad to me. Aren't they upwards of $9 at the parks anyway?

Yeah I looked at the prices and it's not that outrageous. If you go to a ballpark these days it's 5-6 dollars for a standard hot dog with nothing on it. But yeah as mentioned this is a place that is better suited for a snack.

I just looked up the menu ready to see some real price gouging. But $6.99 for a hot dog with all the fixings? That doesn't sound bad to me. Aren't they upwards of $9 at the parks anyway?

Thats for just a hot dog. To me, thats not a meal (although I did admit Im not a huge hot dog eater). But when you add fries and a drink (a typical fast food meal) youre into the $12 range I believe. I thought that was pretty bad considering Moe's and Panda are offering a way better deal on fast food. Maybe Im just too hot-dog-naive to get it. But if youre using it as a snack, no, I guess $6.49 isnt too bad, just not what I expected.

Meh it's one of them things where if u not getting yourself a meal with like two or three hotdogs then ur wasteing ur money. At that point your prob better off getting a burger or a real meal for
the same price or a few dollars extra

Something to consider is these dogs are not comparable to regular dogs available elsewhere, generally they would be called Jumbo Specialty or something similar. That starts out with bigger meat in addition to the premium toppings. These types of dogs are usually the most expensive option at an average cart, but are the main offering at the Hall of Fame. Comparing them that way the prices are not that bad vs carts, and in the stadium setting they sometimes cost even more. Though at the regular carts you may be able to add a can of soda or potato chips for $1 each, or possibly make it a meal for something like $1.50 more.

Bottom line: I hate hot dogs and would never pay that much for one :lol:

But yes, I can see how if you were to just get a hot dog, it would be an acceptable price. If theyre really that big maybe you can make a meal out of it in which case thats a great deal. But I doubt thats what they are going for. Also, I wouldnt compare anything at Citywalk to something at a ballpark or stadium...while the parks and stadiums may be a prime spot for price gouging, I look at Citywalk as a mall-type place, and the mark-ups on food here is significantly less outrageous IMO. So if theyre going for stadium prices, I wouldnt necessarily call that a good thing.

I'll just keep going to Vivo lol

I typically prefer larger portions for meals and to me the hot dogs seem to make for a great meal. The specialty hot dogs have so much stuff on them that the price to me seems to be a good bargain even if it were in a mall or other traditional venue but compared to other venues in city walk I think it's probably the best value there. The foot long is a great option if your a little more hungry. If you really want a good value take a friend and split a 2 foot long, that makes a $6 foot long!