Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Twister...Ride It Out

Looking at the trailers of Into the Storm, does anyone think that Universal might buy the rights and "upgrade" Twister?

Eh, wouldn't make much sense. Into the Storm and the Twister movie looks pretty much identical. If a guest isn't interested in riding Twister, they aren't going to be interested in riding Into the Storm.

Yeah I don't know about the storm. Honestly what the hell could you replace twister with? It's either another show or special effects demonstration. You can't demo it because of rockit being right there too. While almost all rides looking to be replaced have a billion ideas soaring around them at once, twister pretty much gets no attention or thought into a replacement even though it's probably the most dated thing on property (saying ALOT). Such a odd attraction with no sign of its fate to be seen

Yeah I don't know about the storm. Honestly what the hell could you replace twister with? It's either another show or special effects demonstration. You can't demo it because of rockit being right there too. While almost all rides looking to be replaced have a billion ideas soaring around them at once, twister pretty much gets no attention or thought into a replacement even though it's probably the most dated thing on property (saying ALOT). Such a odd attraction with no sign of its fate to be seen

Its actually not as terrible as some people here make it out to be...well obviously, how terrible it is is all your opinion but the general public seems to eat it up. As far as I know it runs at a solid capacity and never has much of a line simply because its a people-eater (think about it, there are 3 pre-shows, you can put through quite a lot of people through that sucker). It also usually scores well on surveys, so people tend to like it. While it is a bit dated, to people who dont go as often as some of us do, its a pretty amazing show...also one of the few attractions left that uses completely practical effects including real fire. While I wouldnt be too surprised to see it go, I wouldnt be surprised to see it stay a while, either, at least until Universal is absolutely out of room to expand.

I don't get the Twister hatred either. Personally, I enjoy the ride. It's not the best ride in the two parks, but it's far from the worst. (to me that goes to Storm Force) And E.T. is far more dated. I think we tend to forget that we are not the general public. The general public goes on Twister, says, "Hey wow, that was kinda neat, what do you want to do now?" While we ride it and nitpick and look for every flaw of that, and every other ride. I try my best to just enjoy the rides individually for what they are.

Eh, wouldn't make much sense. Into the Storm and the Twister movie looks pretty much identical. If a guest isn't interested in riding Twister, they aren't going to be interested in riding Into the Storm.

the exact same way they turned Earthquake into DISASTER.
make new videos and change the look of the queue lines a little and people will show upto see what the fuzz is about

Oh I don't hate the show by any means, it's a fantastic demo with some really great special effects. It's just questionable why it's still around IP wise

- - - Updated - - -

I will tell you that it is intriguing what they are/may be considering for its location. At first bent, it sounds very docile but my assumptions could way off.
Hmm interesting, hopefully it's something New York related so it could be the ONE attraction in that area that fits with the theme. But yeah I'm down for another good show or effects demo. Thanks for the hint teebin

I went on Twister last tuesday. I love twister and would rather they update it a little rather than replace it but I know that wont happen. I dont ride it everytime I go but its usually every other time. Everyone seemed to love it tuesday best reaction Ive seen. People were clapping and going crazy.

SNL was floating around a bit before...never really cared for the idea...I hope Ghostbusters makes some kind of return honestly...

The Pandora's Box concept would work great for Twister in my opinion

Dunno if anyone else noticed this, but over the last weekend, the movie playing on the screen was no longer The Shining. It had clips of People Under The Stairs being played.