Clyde & Seamore Show Ending | Inside Universal Forums

Clyde & Seamore Show Ending

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IzzyB

V.I.P. Member
May 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Got my e-mail saying to come to a special passholder event for the last couple shows. The dates are August 9th & 10th. Not sure when the show officially closes down. I imagine it will close when kids go back to school and reopen sometime before Thanksgiving. Anyone else have some inside information about when it closes, what new show is coming in, and when it will open back up?

They said on Facebook that Seymour and Clyde will have another adventure so it looks like it'll just be another one of those shows with a different plot and setting. This being the one thing I really like about seaworld makes me sad to see it go. I love sea lions and it's incredible to see them perform like this. Thank god there's gonna be another one

This is sad. I haven't been in a few years, but the show was always fun. Not the greatest show in O-Town, but always a good time.

That's fine as long as they don't get rid of the mime!

"Hey nothing's perfect"
The_Mime.jpg

The mime? Do they still have a show in that auditorium where the guy follows people to their seats before it starts?

Yeah, there's a mime act comes out 15 mins before each show, whether it's Clyde & Seamore take Pirate Island, or Sea Lion's Tonite. He spends the time joking with the crowd and teasing folk as they come in. One of the real assets of Seaworld, IMHO.

The Take Pirate Island" show was becoming a bit stale, so it will be interesting to see what they replace it with. I just hope they don't take it too seriously, as the comedy in that show is a really refreshing change from the "conservation, conservation, conservation" message in the other shows.

Yeah, there's a mime act comes out 15 mins before each show, whether it's Clyde & Seamore take Pirate Island, or Sea Lion's Tonite. He spends the time joking with the crowd and teasing folk as they come in. One of the real assets of Seaworld, IMHO.

The Take Pirate Island" show was becoming a bit stale, so it will be interesting to see what they replace it with. I just hope they don't take it too seriously, as the comedy in that show is a really refreshing change from the "conservation, conservation, conservation" message in the other shows.

Yeah absolutely that's why it's one of my favorite shows in orlando. Not preachy whatsoever it's all just fun. Screw the whales I'd love to be around those sea lions for a living

Yeah, the mime I was referring to did his thing in the Nautilus theater before the show started. Are they not using that venue any longer? The show I saw was Asian acrobats and the mime punked me before I sat down.

Screw the whales I'd love to be around those sea lions for a living

Cole, don't be unkind and abusive to the whales, that is SeaWorld's job...

Last edited:
Yeah, the mime I was referring to did his thing in the Nautilus theater before the show started. Are they not using that venue any longer? The show I saw was Asian acrobats and the mime punked me before I sat down.

I remember that show! I think it was the Cirque de la Mer show years back that had something like that. I remember watching it as a little girl.

I have pretty much seen Take Pirate Island for all but six years of my life, so it's going to be weird to see something different. My boyfriend and I requested the 10th off so we can see the show one last time. :)

Ah but while a trained whale can drown you or tear you to shreds. The worst a trained sea lion could do is throw a ball at you or boop you on the head. Decisions decisions :shrug:

I remember that show! I think it was the Cirque de la Mer show years back that had something like that. I remember watching it as a little girl

Oh dear, I was dating myself on that one... yeah, it would have been 1999. The only other time I have visited SW since was 2004. That tells ya something!

Nautilus has the A'lure show which is with acrobatics etc.

If the rumors are correct on Screamscape, then Clyde and Seamore will have a new adventure on Mars.

Nautilus has the A'lure show which is with acrobatics etc.

If the rumors are correct on Screamscape, then Clyde and Seamore will have a new adventure on Mars.
I'm sorry but can we all just stop and think about sea lions floating through space for a second? This will not only be the best show in orlando but it might be the best show of all time

While I think the current Pirate Island show is dated and needs to go, I don't quite get the move for struggling Sea World. I mean is anyone on vacation next year gonna go to Sea World for a new Sea Lion show?

I'm not that interested in Seaworld nowadays, both in terms of the park and also because of personal politics re: Shamu.

Saying that, if they really do set the new Sealion show on Mars, then I will be back like a shot at the soonest possible opportunity.

While I think the current Pirate Island show is dated and needs to go, I don't quite get the move for struggling Sea World. I mean is anyone on vacation next year gonna go to Sea World for a new Sea Lion show?

Passholders...they are keeping the park alive right now

A big ole coaster would be the best bet for everyone