King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if this thing was getting pushed back to 2016 then it makes more sense with a new movie coming out. But still...the film is Nov 2016 (if it isn't delayed.) Will it open in the summer before that, later with the film or what?

Still hoping for 2015.

They could still use the area as free promo for the movie and then the movie comes out and you can tie in sweepstakes etc...with the area. Its smart in my opinion to open the land first then the movie. Kinda like what Disney did with Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I took a long look from the tower of Camp Jurassic 2 days ago, and in my opinion I think we could see vertical construction within 30 days. Please note thats NOT inside info or fact just merely my assumption based on the site in its present form.

Are there footers already in place? With Roller coasters, they tend to do a 90 day cure time on the footers before they begin attaching steel, I believe. Granted, this isn't a roller coaster, but I can't imagine them giving the footers less than 30 days before they start bolting steel to it and adding stress.

I'm excited for Skull Island and I hope for the best and with having a King Kong ride open before the film would get excellent marketing and

i'm still interested in the ride, even with the film announcement if it would tie in with Peter Jackson or the new version.

Are there footers already in place? With Roller coasters, they tend to do a 90 day cure time on the footers before they begin attaching steel, I believe. Granted, this isn't a roller coaster, but I can't imagine them giving the footers less than 30 days before they start bolting steel to it and adding stress.

I was wondering that same thing. I haven't seen any signs of footers being poured in the pics I've seen. How long did Transformers take from when footers were poured to when steel started rising? I want to say 30 days or so.

Do take in to consideration of the pipe-work, yadda yadda yadda that they have to do before steel can rise. At least thats how TF went up. And if the rumor is true of the underground queue then they have to do dig work for that before anything else can go up. I do realize this is all common sense but I figured why the heck not......*slides in to the shadows

Do take in to consideration of the pipe-work, yadda yadda yadda that they have to do before steel can rise. At least thats how TF went up. And if the rumor is true of the underground queue then they have to do dig work for that before anything else can go up. I do realize this is all common sense but I figured why the heck not......*slides in to the shadows

I dont think the queue will actually be underground because of how high Floridas water table is. I think thats just a theme idea, or it may be under the bulk of the rides showbuilding. But probably not under the actual ground.

I dont think the queue will actually be underground because of how high Floridas water table is. I think thats just a theme idea, or it may be under the bulk of the rides showbuilding. But probably not under the actual ground.

That would certainly make sense. I didn't necessarily take into consideration that fact. Though one has to wonder, if they wanted to, could they? There has to be a way. I don't know much of construction

I'm just personally thinking this and saying it.. This really could be Legendary Pictures First enduevor into the parks in a way that can make a statement if they can do something great with a ride tieing into the film on details and mo-cap as i'm betting Weta and Andy serkis is back to be the special effects and Ape CGI. *Slides into darkness

Orlando area gets a break. We're a little higher than the coastal area. There are a few things underground a few dozen feet or so through-out the metro, so maybe the do indeed mean underground but no more than 15 feet.

Orlando area gets a break. We're a little higher than the coastal area. There are a few things underground a few dozen feet or so through-out the metro, so maybe the do indeed mean underground but no more than 15 feet.

Yeah, true, but how many underground structures are there in Orlando? I have no idea about the logistics of construction or anything like that so maybe it is very possible to build guest areas underground here, but I'm not sure anyone has really done it yet.

Well I live in downtown St. Pete, less than a block from the water. There are several buildings nearby with below sea level basements, parking, and even a pool. I don't think that's an issue

Yeah, true, but how many underground structures are there in Orlando? I have no idea about the logistics of construction or anything like that so maybe it is very possible to build guest areas underground here, but I'm not sure anyone has really done it yet.

Don't know about guest areas. I'll check.

I do know especially in downtown Orlando there is limited underground parking, a few clubs and bars below ground. Its not impossible but it definitely isn't common among builders and business here.
I typically found that most things underground are WEST of Interstate 4. Rarely with the exception of downtown Orlando and a few homes withing a mile or two east, will you see anything underground because its close to ocean and St. Johns river.

Most of Orlando and Orange County deals with surficial aquifer. I think it means the sand and ground is less wet. Then you have Immediate Confining, then Aquifer where it's much harder to build underground due to moisture depending on elevation of land above sea level.
In all I do believe you are correct. If built underground definitely no more than 15-20 feet at most although areas in and around orlando are 30-50 meters above Sea Level.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

That was sure a sweet surprise a new Kong movie is coming in 2016.
I don't care if they go with the PJ version or the new one. Universal attractions are never (thankfully) a 1 on 1 copy of the movie. They always try for a unique spin on it. I'm sure both movies will have big dino's and a big ape and that is all fine by me.
From what I've heard the show building will be as high as the Jurassic Park boat ride next door so I'm sure there will be enough space under the ride to build the queue.
For building below water level, I don't see the problem. In the Netherlands we almost all live below sea level (me 15 meters) and my house has a cellar. There is stuff to make it water tight they use when building it so, no problem.

Don't get too carried away with the term underground here. It is typical to build a ground level queue and then bury it, much like the Hogmeade station tunnel. Underground is relative in Florida.

Rode the flyers yesterday unfortunately without my camera. There are some deep holes being dug, and all sorts of large pipes stacked up waiting. There's also a lot of standing water from the rain.

Don't get too carried away with the term underground here. It is typical to build a ground level queue and then bury it, much like the Hogmeade station tunnel. Underground is relative in Florida.

This reminds me of how Disney build all their utilidors "underground" but really built in on ground level, covered it up, and built the park and attractions on top.

while you can certainly build underground and bury it to make it seem like its underground i think its going to be the latter cost rises when you talk about actual underground in florida

^^There's no chance GDT directs that. He's planning on working on a smaller, black and white horror film once he's completely done with Crimson Peak, and then he's going on to do the heavy lifting for Pacific Rim 2.

^^There's no chance GDT directs that. He's planning on working on a smaller, black and white horror film once he's completely done with Crimson Peak, and then he's going on to do the heavy lifting for Pacific Rim 2.

Not to mention, he still has aspirations to get that Haunted Mansion movie going.

Status
Not open for further replies.