King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1763356-skull_island-600x377.jpg

I love modern B&W films if used correctly.
Young Frankenstein and The Artist are high on my list of great films.

They are (Ed wood is one of my favorite movies) but if you are gonna go incredibly detailed into one setting I'd be a bit odd to keep the colors limited. Sure it's like the first one but after the kong remake doing it so well I don't see the point

I dont think the queue will actually be underground because of how high Floridas water table is. I think thats just a theme idea, or it may be under the bulk of the rides showbuilding. But probably not under the actual ground.

Guys! The maintenance bay of transformers is at least 20-30ft underground. Not a problem at all. You also have to realize, that part of the park is built up a little when it was originally designed. That's why you walk up hill from Marvel to Toon. Think of it this way: What we're calling ground level in the KONG area is level with the RIPSAW FALLS bridge but the boats go under that bridge. Add the channel that the boats sit in you got at least 25 ft to play with. Which is 2 stories. There are deep trenches already dug in the area. And they could go a lot deeper if they wanted you just have to reinforce the walls like they did for transformers.

Guys! The maintenance bay of transformers is at least 20-30ft underground. Not a problem at all. You also have to realize, that part of the park is built up a little when it was originally designed. That's why you walk up hill from Marvel to Toon. Think of it this way: What we're calling ground level in the KONG area is level with the RIPSAW FALLS bridge but the boats go under that bridge. Add the channel that the boats sit in you got at least 25 ft to play with. Which is 2 stories. There are deep trenches already dug in the area. And they could go a lot deeper if they wanted you just have to reinforce the walls like they did for transformers.

Transformers' basement is usually necessary infrastructure for any ride like that. So you gotta figure an underground queue would be IN ADDITION to the necessary TF-type basement.

Transformers' basement is usually necessary infrastructure for any ride like that. So you gotta figure an underground queue would be IN ADDITION to the necessary TF-type basement.

I am not sure what either of your final conclusions are here, but DRL is correct that TF's basement floor is just scraping the surface level of the lagoon, meaning the height of the water table.

So, while they can and sometimes do build deep into the grade, it does require extra considerations as water does leach horizontally as well as vertically. MK's tunnel system is notoriously damp and leaky during the rainy season even though it is "above" the water table.

This will have plenty of screens. When universal pitched "where you ride the movies" back in the day. I wonder if they knew eventually this marketing slogan would come true

They could still use the area as free promo for the movie and then the movie comes out and you can tie in sweepstakes etc...with the area. Its smart in my opinion to open the land first then the movie. Kinda like what Disney did with Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean.

seriously... SERIOUSLY. Pirates... the ride that opened 36 years before the movie... WAIT WHAT??? #imsodone #facepalm

This will have plenty of screens. When universal pitched "where you ride the movies" back in the day. I wonder if they knew eventually this marketing slogan would come true

My understanding is that it'll be screens in the way of instead of painted flats. Imagine if the Tarzan part of GMR had a deep 3D jungle effect instead of a blue painted sky. (with better AAs of course)

My understanding is that it'll be screens in the way of instead of painted flats. Imagine if the Tarzan part of GMR had a deep 3D jungle effect instead of a blue painted sky. (with better AAs of course)

This is something that I can get into. Using 3-D to expand and open up the backdrop without relying on it for the main action. The more I hear the more I get excited for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.