Next Attraction To Go? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USF:Fear Factor and ET
IOA:Marvel and Lost Continent
Why do u guys want toon lagoon to go?

I don't think Marvel is going anywhere, The Hulk and Spidey are WAY too popular. As for Toon Lagoon, Dudley Do-Rights is ranked the top water ride on Golden Ticket Awards, so I think its staying for a while longer.

Plus, Florida is a hot place for vacationers, UO needs good water rides and areas to keep the crowd cool. :thumbs:

USF:Fear Factor and ET
IOA:Marvel and Lost Continent
Why do u guys want toon lagoon to go?
TOON LAGOON needs and update or layover. I want it to go, only for something of relevance.
My logic is this. IF A Water ride goes, replace it with a water ride. It's only fair to Water ride fans. I love the fact IOA has 3 water rides. Things are so fun. Splash zones, water cannons to wet people, etc. So if toon lagoon has to be changed, just find a way to keep 3 water rides in IOA and or add one to UNIT if you want a water ride and dry ride in whatever toon lagoon becomes.

While I like Dudley, it is far from what it could be. I would be okay with them tearing it out for something new and amazing...as long as we get a flume ride in Uni Studios then. That park needs a water attraction anyway.

USF:Fear Factor and Twister. The FF show is god awful and needs to go asap. Twister is a one trick pony: "look a twister". We already have disaster with water, fire and an earthquake and it beats Twister 10 to 1. Maybe if they could get rid of the preshows in disaster and extend the train ride with a "twister" room and a snowstorm room we can have all weather and disasters in 1 ride.

IOA: Toon Lagoon. I like the Popey ride and it should be rethemed in whatever is to come but the rest can go. Most news paper cartoon characters are unknown to me as a European guest and the Duddly Do ride is horrible theming inside and the ride vehicles are a pain to get in and out of. Yes Universal resort needs a good log/mountain ride but this one isn't it.
Marvel should get a makeover away from the cut outs or should leave. The theatre between the 2 can also be repurposed for something that will be used for guests.

Am I the only one that thinks if toon lagoon should close the water rides should stay? Not only do all the pipes connect to the lagoon and it would be a incredible (and expensive) pain to take them out but they're fun as hell. Other then "there are too many water rides" debate which is being proven wrong because of kongs placement, there aren't many valid reasons why they couldn't just be rethemed with a new land

Am I the only one that thinks if toon lagoon should close the water rides should stay? Not only do all the pipes connect to the lagoon and it would be a incredible (and expensive) pain to take them out but they're fun as hell. Other then "there are too many water rides" debate which is being proven wrong because of kongs placement, there aren't many valid reasons why they couldn't just be rethemed with a new land

I agree entirely. Popeye is the best river raft ride I have ever been on and I have been on A LOT. Dudley has a great layout, but it suffers from some theming and load/unload issues.

Universal Florida: Twister and Disaster will be gone by 2020. T2 would stay because of the latest movie, Terminator: Genesis being released July 1, 2015 supposedly.

IOA: Lost Continent more than likely. I don't understand why everyone keeps saying Toon Lagoon's leaving. I'd like to see Camp Jurassic get a refurbishment, but that's a different thread.

Concerning T2, there once was a rumor of upgrades being done to the it, I think there even was a permit for this, Did this upgrade ever happen? If so, then I'd say T2 is here to say, it is a good show aswell, nicely blends live acting and 3D.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree entirely. Popeye is the best river raft ride I have ever been on and I have been on A LOT. Dudley has a great layout, but it suffers from some theming and load/unload issues.

Much agreed, popeye is a blast!

Out of the 3 water rides....Dudley is the one that should go. I love the ride, but the theming and ride vehicles suck.

Concerning T2, there once was a rumor of upgrades being done to the it, I think there even was a permit for this, Did this upgrade ever happen? If so, then I'd say T2 is here to say, it is a good show aswell, nicely blends live acting and 3D.

It was going to get demo'd for Transformers...maybe those are the permits? I dont think they would file plans to upgrade it with the intentions of getting rid of it. And I completely agree, T2 is awesome!

It was going to get demo'd for Transformers...maybe those are the permits? I dont think they would file plans to upgrade it with the intentions of getting rid of it. And I completely agree, T2 is awesome!
I seem to remember reading that Universal used some of the discarded terminator shooters etc. from Hollywood to replace the ones that weren't working in Orlando. Could that be the reason for the permits?...Also, I agree that T2 is an excellent attraction. It's something different from the norm and it's still entertaining after repeat viewings.

Out of the 3 water rides....Dudley is the one that should go. I love the ride, but the theming and ride vehicles suck.

I wouldn't even mind if the ride stays exactly the same but the theming changed. Maybe they should just add 3D screens to the walls and that's it :lol:

USF: Twister or Kidszone
IOA: Toon Lagoon Theater or Dr Doom

Please note this is just opinion and note a hint or message...

Me too what a unexpected twist in events!!! The only thing that could go in that spot...would be the polarcoaster :jaw:
There is actually a decent amount of space there if you include most of the backstage area in that spot.

IMO you can almost fit a building the size of Spiderman

Last edited: