Best Pre-Show? | Inside Universal Forums

Best Pre-Show?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
What do you think? When I say pre-show, I don't mean the queue. I mean a room where you go in and it sets up the story for you. For example, E.T. when Spielberg talks to you, or The Muppets with all of the TV's. An argument can probably be made for Forbidden Journey and a couple of other lines due to the more interactive components.

I'm going to say either T2 or Simpsons. Haven't been on Gringotts yet.

muppets, alien encounter and MIB are all ones I love

Muppets is very good. The 3 TV concept must have been quite the hit back in the 90's. They use it (along with the 3-D in the show) to great satirical effect.

I really like the queue/preshow for ToT, RnR, FJ, and Gringott's.

i have to admit that I like the "stop and watch" pre shows more than the wonder past in-queue type such as FJ and Spider-man.

Reactions: natespf
I really like the queue/preshow for ToT, RnR, FJ, and Gringott's.

i have to admit that I like the "stop and watch" pre shows more than the wonder past in-queue type such as FJ and Spider-man.

Yeah I agree completely. Especially because the audience is generally less loud and willing to tune in when you are shuffled into a room.

Ehh BTTF and Simpsons get incredibly old after repeated visits, there are definitely good parts about stay and watch pre shows but it seriously hinders re rideablility

Gringotts, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Haunted Mansion, Forbidden Journey..

And.. for another fallen soldier.. Alien Encounter.

I just noticed this is in the General Discussions and no one has mentioned the two at Star Trek: The Experience yet.

Uni and Dis should have taken notes from them because they completely got rid of the feeling that you were still waiting for the actual attraction. The pre-show and loading the ride were successfully presented as part of the actual attraction and fit right into the storyline. I like the idea of having everyone engaged way better than the "walk-right-pasts", and even better than the "stop-and-watches" where you still see people crowding the next door and look just as impatient as they were in the regular line. Obviously it could not be handled in the exact same way for such high-capacity situations but there are other ways they could make a fully immerse pre-show that leads seamlessly with loading the ride.

I would have them tied for 1st, and probably for me T2:3D in 2nd and BTTF 3rd.

The ones I don't really get tired of after seeing them repeatedly are ToT, RnRC,and HM.

And I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I reaaaallllyyy hate the Mission Space preshows.

Haunted Mansion
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Gringotts
Twister
Despicable Me
Alien Encounter
Tower of Terror
BTTF

And I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I reaaaallllyyy hate the Mission Space preshows.

"And remember, if you have nausea, back pains, pregnancy, accidental pregnancy, any disorder, fear of dogs, motion sickness and the condition known as sausage fingers, do not ride this ride" x200

"And remember, if you have nausea, back pains, pregnancy, accidental pregnancy, any disorder, fear of dogs, motion sickness and the condition known as sausage fingers, do not ride this ride" x200

If you have motion sickness you will throw up. If you don't have motions sickness you will throw up. Seriously there is a vomit bag for when you do throw up. By the way when you throw up be sure to get it in the aforementioned vomit bag for when you throw up because you will.oh and if you have motion sickness please refer back to the laat 20 minutes of the spiel and rethink your decision to go on this ride as we would prefer not to deal with the aftermath.

The obvious winner here is Twister cause Paxton.

I really enjoy the Mission: Space pre-ride process. Not necessarily the pre-show but I love the lights hovering over you. Makes me feel important.