Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the info guys, appreciated.

With early entry it depends on how early you get there because there's a line well before the hour early entry starts, so get there as soon as possible.
Just out of curiosity, how do people get into the park before the early entry opens?

The greeter said it is the lowest he has ever seen it. Unfortunately single rider is not open so I am in the regular line right now.

Just out of curiosity, how do people get into the park before the early entry opens?

On a Saturday morning a few weeks ago, they opened the turnstyles at about 6:35, opened diagon at 6:50, and started operating Gringott's promptly at 7. So people just showing up right at 7 were already looking at a 1+ hour line.

As neoshinok said, they've been opening it up earlier because people are showing up earlier. Basically you want to be the first one waiting in line if you're using early entry...

Last edited:
Posted 75 mins ended up being over 2 hours. The ride kept breaking down and reopening while I was in line. First time I rode and I loved it.

My son and I are just finishing the 6th book (Half-blood prince). We leave for Universal this week. How much will this ride spoil the 7th book? We already have a general idea of what happens in terms of breaking into a Gringotts vault with polyjuice potion, but are hoping to avoid any major spoilers from the final book. Thanks.

My son and I are just finishing the 6th book (Half-blood prince). We leave for Universal this week. How much will this ride spoil the 7th book? We already have a general idea of what happens in terms of breaking into a Gringotts vault with polyjuice potion, but are hoping to avoid any major spoilers from the final book. Thanks.

I don't believe there are any spoilers except that the three do escape the bank on the back of the dragon. The final book contains a ton of head spinning revelations, non of which are revealed on the ride. You should be just fine.

I don't believe there are any spoilers except that the three do escape the bank on the back of the dragon. The final book contains a ton of head spinning revelations, non of which are revealed on the ride. You should be just fine.

Thanks, that's great to hear. How about DA in general, anything we should avoid, or can we feel free to explore without worry of running into book 7 spoilers?

Diagon Alley doesn't really contain anything that is heavily plot influenced, nothing you wouldn't already know about from the first 6 books. The Tale of the Three Brothers is presented as a puppet show and that is very important in the final book so you may want to avoid seeing that show in particular...

Thanks, that's great to hear. How about DA in general, anything we should avoid, or can we feel free to explore without worry of running into book 7 spoilers?

Diagon Alley doesn't really contain anything that is heavily plot influenced, nothing you wouldn't already know about from the first 6 books. The Tale of the Three Brothers is presented as a puppet show and that is very important in the final book so you may want to avoid seeing that show in particular...

I agree with Frogki. They really did a great job in trying to keep everything represented in the Wizarding Worlds in both parks neutral in respect to a specific time in the books, including the Hogwarts Express. The only two things that you could avoid even though they are not really all that big of spoilers of the Deathly Hallows book is the Tale of the Three Brothers show and the Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts ride in Diagon Alley. Although the Tale of the Three Brothers had a big tie in to the plot of the Deathly Hallows, I still think that it would be okay to experience it.

Are they selling any important "trinkets" in Diagon? Ones that begin with an H and end in an X? Those are the only things that might kill a few small surprises in the final book.

Are they selling any important "trinkets" in Diagon? Ones that begin with an H and end in an X? Those are the only things that might kill a few small surprises in the final book.

They do sell these, but you would only know what they were if you were familiar with them before. There's no labels on them or anything.

0d29f73d-5b11-4337-a4bf-8f2165bc65bf_zpsaabf03b1.jpg

DSCN0915_zps0e4a76d5.jpg

DSCN0909_zpsbda74425.jpg

Reactions: natespf
Incredible pics Mike! That green strip stays in contact with the vehicles all day long? It looks like some kind of data carrier but it also looks too complicated to be that. And what are those long pipe/pivot joints on either side. What scene is that vehicle in?

Just got back from our trip and Diagon Alley was amazing!!! It took us visiting it twice to really see everything. First time, we arrived about 9:15 a.m. to go to breakfast the barricades were set up and the line for Gringotts was outside Diagon Alley and past the outside bathrooms on the right - I can't imagine how long that wait must have been! We went back later about 6:00pm and we waited 2 1/2 hours to ride Gringotts. We were in the front row of the car and my 6'2" 250 Husband fit fine even wearing the full fanny pack I made him bring. There was a guy behind us that couldn't close the restraint all the way and was eventually removed from the ride. The ride operator tried everyway possible short of standing on the lap bar to make it close. She suggested he try the last row of seats but he refused - I guess it was either row 2 seat number 1 or nothing for him. I started to feel sorry for him until I realized it was the same loud-mouthed, obnoxious, line-cutter that body slammed me and my Daughter to get to the 3-D glasses. The Ride and the Queue were both amazing, but we wouldn't wait that long for it again - maybe 1 1/2 hours top.

fyg08i.jpg

Incredible pics Mike! That green strip stays in contact with the vehicles all day long? It looks like some kind of data carrier but it also looks too complicated to be that. And what are those long pipe/pivot joints on either side. What scene is that vehicle in?

That bar is part of the rocker track for the first troll scene. There the track only pivots along the length of the track to give a thumping effect as the trolls climb up. As for the data bad I believe it is to power and send signals for the Car Spinning.

That bar is part of the rocker track for the first troll scene. There the track only pivots along the length of the track to give a thumping effect as the trolls climb up. As for the data bad I believe it is to power and send signals for the Car Spinning.

Thanks. Wild, I got the impression that each car was wireless... but that was merely an assumption based on limited info. I have to be so careful of my assumptive brain as it gets me in trouble.

Wait... there are three (3) rocking scenes in the ride. First we knew of one, then of two in the fall scene, and now a third in the first troll scene? This ride was just asking for the troubles (and raves) it has received.

Last edited:
When were those taken? Because is that a bright flash or was the painting incomplete on that car?

It was my flash. The car was stopped there for 5 min so I flashed away. It was I think during the waterfall part. The car stopped several times.

Last edited: