Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

Yesterday Islands closed at 6pm and Studios at 10pm. Kings Cross closed briefly (I assume to empty the Hogsmeade queue) then re-opened as a round-trip only ride. No disembarkation at Hogsmeade, everyone remained in their cabins.

They didn't scan park tickets, but were still looking at them.

Edited to add: the wait time from Hogsmeade station hit 75 minutes a few times yesterday. I actually walked from IoA to The Studios for the first time since the soft opening of the express.

Last edited:
Yesterday Islands closed at 6pm and Studios at 10pm. Kings Cross closed briefly (I assume to empty the Hogsmeade queue) then re-opened as a round-trip only ride. No disembarkation at Hogsmeade, everyone remained in their cabins.

They didn't scan park tickets, but were still looking at them.

Thanks! Nice to see you can still ride HE when one park closes early.

Oh yeah I remember the fuss about that now... Well it's cool that they handled it that way in my opinion, really good way to allow guests to continue to experience the attraction when they could have just closed it for the night...

I feel like riding round trip diminishes the effect. You don't get to step off in a different train station and walk out and see Hogwarts towering over Hogsmead. Instead u go back and forth with no break and end in the same place you started at which point you effectively watched a movie without going anywhere.

I feel like riding round trip diminishes the effect. You don't get to step off in a different train station and walk out and see Hogwarts towering over Hogsmead. Instead u go back and forth with no break and end in the same place you started at which point you effectively watched a movie without going anywhere.

Hey, it beats the alternative of shutting down the train early. I guess we now know the general procedure for when one park has to close before the other.

Hey, it beats the alternative of shutting down the train early. I guess we now know the general procedure for when one park has to close before the other.

No doubt. It was more in response to the guy above me that said he wished he could ride round trip. I just feel getting off and having the awe inspiring Vista really adds a level of tangibly to the ride the it otherwise lacks if taken in a vacuum.

Rode Gringotts and I liked it better than FJ. It actually broke down while riding it the second time so I was able to take some good pictures of the track and sets. The cars are supposed to let out this steam but they stopped it because steam would come from under the car has well causing a hazard. Mark Woodbury wasn't happy with this.

Rode Gringotts and I liked it better than FJ. It actually broke down while riding it the second time so I was able to take some good pictures of the track and sets. The cars are supposed to let out this steam but they stopped it because steam would come from under the car has well causing a hazard. Mark Woodbury wasn't happy with this.

Ooooh... this is juicy info. Love it.

An owl told me that Mark is very meticulous. VERY. More so with the quene than with the actual ride. He rode this thing non stop. Lets just say the "bank guards" know him very well.

@Teebin- It was hard to get in the cart with the steam blocking the view of where the loading platform and the cart met. Besides this, their are other things this ride was planned to have but either failed or became impractical.

If someone doesn't mind explaining to me how to upload pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
If someone doesn't mind explaining to me how to upload pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

I upload to Photobucket and then post the IMG links here. I believe you need to upload the photos to any photo site that allows you to share, then grab the IMG links to post here (on photobucket the IMG links are described as being used for posting to message boards or something along those lines.

Hope you enjoyed your time at UOR!

DSCN0825_zpsd1ebbe84.jpg

DSCN0815_zps32310909.jpg

DSCN0785_zpsf84c03a4.jpg

DSCN0692_zpsc7490316.jpg

DSCN0683_zps3b8de3fc.jpg

c54b1f46-0134-49e5-b3ef-5878fb60175d_zpsd99e73f1.jpg

DSCN0849_zps29f4c3e9.jpg

Last edited:
@Teebin- It was hard to get in the cart with the steam blocking the view of where the loading platform and the cart met. Besides this, their are other things this ride was planned to have but either failed or became impractical.

Indeed. Sounds like the plan for fog in the dungeons of Hogwarts. Cool, but impractical if not dangerous as hell.

That said, I have been sitting on such a Woodbury/Diagon story for over two months. I'm gonna sit on it a while longer...

It appears he is more Universal passionate than all the video appearances would suggest.

JKR has just revealed on Pottermore that today is Celestina Warbeck's birthday. If anyone wants to see how on-their-toes the actors in DA are, someone wish Celestina happy birthday today and take a snap of the reaction :lol:

Edit - Just saw Uni tweeted about it earlier. Damn, I knew they'd be in league to prevent any teeny little inconsistency errors! Joking aside, it's good to see them keeping up to date.

Last edited: