Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Your making it seem as if it costs $70 to stay at the CB. You go to hotels offsite (30 seconds away) that cost $99 and you get a clean room at least.It cost $108 to stay onsite at disneyworld in their value hotels. Paying $150 shouldn't give you a dirty room. Thats not what you paid for.

I have never seen any WDW values for $108.

Stayed Saturday the 26th ground floor at the Thunderbird suite 2107. The room was probably the cleanest we've had staying there, once you came in you were instantly hit with clean smell. Everything was in pristine shape, and I was very happy with the room overall. Buses were easy to get on with little wait but we left for the parks at about 4:30 and came in around 1:45ish. The only downside was it wasn't clear as to where our room was and we walked around for a little bit. Thunderbird's layout was a bit different than the other buildings so it was likely just getting used to the different layout.

It's odd that people have been having bus issues lately, in my 4 stays I've never waited more than 3 minutes for a bus. Wonder if they cut back on driver labor?

It's odd that people have been having bus issues lately, in my 4 stays I've never waited more than 3 minutes for a bus. Wonder if they cut back on driver labor?

I've stayed twice so far. 5/4/14 - 5/6/14 & 6/29/14 - 7/2/14

No buss issues for me either time. most of the time there was either a bus waiting or one leaving with one right behind it.

Anyone have an update on the bridge to nowhere? Any idea when it will be open?

They are working on it, I have no idea when it will be ready. They seem to be adding a sidewalk as well that seems about 3/4ths done (from what I could see between CBBR and Royal Pacific...not sure if they need to add more when it turns up the street I assume). Anyway, here are a couple of shots from yesterday:

Last edited:
Reactions: neoshinok
We had a great stay here. The busses worked out well for us, the latest we ever left the parks tough was around 20 minutes prior to closing. We didn't make two busses that were loading when we walked up, but we couldn't have waited more than 3 minutes for a third bus to show (after the two left that were loading when we got there.

Other times we made the first bus to show and no of those were long wait times.

We only noticed a few odd quirks. One light was driving me crazy as I swear I would flip the switch, nothing, flip it the other way, nothing, then flip it back and the light would come one..just odd...then one night they placed this blanket thing under the sheet, again just odd but no big deal.

The price was right for us and everything was very convenient. All in all, we had a great stay and the theming is great all around.

Thanks. We're going to be there for 5 nights starting Sept. 6th and then we're moving to Royal Pacific for 8 nights. I was hoping for the walkway to open by then, but it doesn't look like they'll make it....The people at Lowe's are so good to work with. I had to call yesterday since they didn't give me my You First Points for my Portofino stay in May. The girl said sometimes the AP or Universal package deals get lost in their computer system. But she took care of it and even gave me an extra point to move me up to the next benefit level. Then she transferred me to the resort where they pre booked an upgraded pool side room for me and gave me an additional discount for my AP (when I booked there wasn't an AP discount available yet, only the multi day stay discount). So I saved another $130 + the original 35 % discount. And when we stay at Portofino, they always give me a balcony room even though there are only 70 available. Great service, great hotels, great location and the fabulous express pass at the deluxes. That's why I'll always stay on site............An update: They now have a great APH rate for Cabana. I just re-booked my reservation and was able to go from a standard room and upgrade to a family suite for the same rate. can't beat that.

Last edited:
What do you guys think - is it worth the extra cash for a poolside room?

My opinion probably not especially depending where they put you. Some pool side views have the walkway in front of you. I really don't care much about the pool view so take it with a grain of salt.

Just booked my room for opening weekend of HHN. It's my first time ever staying on property at any theme park. So I'm beyond excited!

Has anyone stayed at the Tower Family Suites vs. the Courtyard ones? I've stayed in the Tower Standard room and I liked having the interior hallways. Is that the only difference?

Pretty much. The interior courtyards also tend to be a little noisier with the music from the pool bleeding into your rooms.

I payed no more than an extra $10 for the poolside room and it was totally worth it. When you've spent all day at the parks and your legs are tired it's great to be within a minutes walk to the pool when you want to relax. But my room had a perfect view of the pool and lazy river.