Next Attraction To Go? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also think F&F is a lame IP. Transformers is attractive to the similar demo that F&F appeals to, albeit does so in a better way, and Transformers is already in that area of the park. It will more than likely have a similar motif, with fast-paced movement projected on screens.

I would agree with previous posters who say that Universal should stick with the higher quality IPs that appeal to a larger cross-section. They have been so successful with top notch IPs since 1990, and will continue to be. Regardless if the IP is in-house or not.

Sounds like my opinion doesn't matter, so will look forward to a new attraction.
What would you consider higher quality? Not meant to be rude..just curious..

I think anything with fast cars and explosions lends itself to a pretty fun ride..

Reactions: Jenstar
I know the tonight is now in New York, but that is just recent...would they do anything w/ SNL which has always been there?

What about the Today show? Will they have barricades out front so folks can stand around holding home made signs? Maybe send Al Roker out every now and again the wish people a happy birthday...

They can put one of those Broadway show ticket kiosk out front to sell BMG tickets...

Instead of 30 rock, what about Radio City Music Hall? Folks already mentioned the Rocketts...but what about AGT? I've heard it is the most watched (world wide) reality show on TV.

Last edited:
I know the tonight is now in New York, but that is just recent...would they do anything w/ SNL which has always been there?

What about the Today show? Will they have barricades out front so folks can stand around holding home made signs? Maybe send Al Roker out every now and again the wish people a happy birthday...

They can put one of those Broadway show ticket kiosk out front to sell BMG tickets...

Instead of 30 rock, what about Radio City Music Hall? Folks already mentioned the Rocketts...but what about AGT? I've heard it is the most watched (world wide) reality show on TV.

Johnny Carson was there for a few years before relocating the show to California. I did like when Tonight was in Cal and Late Night in NY because it was like you get the east coast buzz and then the west coast buzz. Now they are just in the same building :lol:

I think SNL would be the most interesting from a production standpoint. With the set changes and all they are able to pull off live in a NY highrise it is like magic happening every Saturday night. Whereas the other shows are basically what you see is what you get.

But I would be against AGT, that would be like a knockoff of the American Idol Experience.

Johnny Carson was there for a few years before relocating the show to California. I did like when Tonight was in Cal and Late Night in NY because it was like you get the east coast buzz and then the west coast buzz. Now they are just in the same building :lol:

I think SNL would be the most interesting from a production standpoint. With the set changes and all they are able to pull off live in a NY highrise it is like magic happening every Saturday night. Whereas the other shows are basically what you see is what you get.

But I would be against AGT, that would be like a knockoff of the American Idol Experience.

I totally agree with not doing AGT and just like AI, it is a fad that will go away and then what? They need something that has staying power. Both SNL and the tonight show do, however I am just not sure how well they will relate to a theme park. I am not blown away by this concept, but we will see.

The Tonight show would have a problem booking guests if it was based in Orlando. That's why those shows are always in NY or LA, where the talent works & lives. There would only be so many times you could have Mickey Mouse & Goofy as guests on a show from Orlando.

The Tonight show would have a problem booking guests if it was based in Orlando. That's why those shows are always in NY or LA, where the talent works & lives. There would only be so many times you could have Mickey Mouse & Goofy as guests on a show from Orlando.

I was going to say more about this in my previous post but somehow it got left out :shrug:
(That is also why I liked Tonight and Late Night on opposite coasts, one had mostly guests from LA, and the other had mostly guests from NY.)

You could tell it was not an easy task booking guests when Jimmy was here. They were for the most part people that go to Florida anyways, and Jimmy was obviously very appreciative of them helping him out. But I think they could get it done one week a year. If it were a regular thing and they plan ahead they could schedule the guests that would like a free vacation in Orlando (especially if they ever build a 5 Diamond).

But the root of this rumor seems to be Rockefeller Center, and not just 30 Rock. So it could be a variety attraction with multiple elements, including Radio City.

What would you consider higher quality? Not meant to be rude..just curious..

No worries. Marvel, LOTR, Harry Potter, JP, BTTF, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, Universal Horror, Despicable Me, Disney Princesses, unfortunately TMNT, Star Trek, etc. Universal has a track record of bringing their own, and other outside IP, that are all top notch. ET, Jaws, MIB, Seuss, etc. Disney is down the road and has a stable full of untapped IP that hasn't been put in place yet (From Pixar to Lucas). While Disney has been the Barney Fife of theme park operators, it doesn't take away from the quality and quantity of IP they control.

So, I guess what I would suggest merely as a customer, is for Universal to aim a little higher than F&F. Even if it is an internal IP.

I think anything with fast cars and explosions lends itself to a pretty fun ride..

Sure, I would agree in spirit. As long as it isn't a carbon copy of the experience one can get from Transformers or Gringotts. Both located on either side. I don't know how you simulate fast cars in a confined show building any way but to use a lot of screens.

Last edited:
Sure, I would agree in spirit. As long as it isn't a carbon copy of the experience one can get from Transformers or Gringotts. Both located on either side. I don't know how you simulate fast cars in a confined show building any way but to use a lot of screens.

Wasn't there rumor of them building UNDER the HE track and occupying more space?

I agree with you if they are just repurposing the same amount of space, but if they are expanding the space, this could be a cool experience.

The whole tonight show shenanigans is good and well for the US demographic but overseas it has only a small demographic of people who stay up to see the adult phone commercials after it when we get the 3 day old show.

So, I guess what I would suggest merely as a customer, is for Universal to aim a little higher than F&F. Even if it is an internal IP.

Magic Kingdom has a ton of attractions that are basically the same. (Omni Movers, Boat Rides, Trains, and Meet and Greets)
I think it's not screens but rather the experience on the ride that people can't re-create or experience elsewhere that would separate Universal. JMO.

Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of Weather Channel tie in with a 360 animation of a twister or hurricane (think a better Turtle Trek)...

Sort of like this attraction called Niagara's Fury at Niagara Falls

[video=youtube;b2upoX-DuAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2upoX-DuAw[/video]

Magic Kingdom has a ton of attractions that are basically the same. (Omni Movers, Boat Rides, Trains, and Meet and Greets)
I think it's not screens but rather the experience on the ride that people can't re-create or experience elsewhere that would separate Universal. JMO.

I think you're wrong. I would spend time in a dentist's office at this point before spending time at the MK, but to say that their attraction roster is the same as Universal's trend towards 3D, or screens in general as a way to carry attractions, is simply a poor comparison.

There is a reason MK is the #1 most attended park in the world, and it has little to do with the newer screen-based attractions like Laugh Floor or Philharmagic. After their lackluster Fantasyland reshuffle, I would say MK has a pretty strong diversity in attraction mediums. From AA shows, to dark rides, to omnimovers, to flumes, to roller coasters. A lot of fully realized environments, themed dining, and small time wasters. Again, nothing that compels me to visit at this point, but you can go from goofing off on TSI, to riding a steam train, to eating in a castle, to visiting a haunted house.

Just because Disney has made poor decisions with MK, doesn't mean that Universal should also make poor decisions, or worse, go down the road of making one of their park's attraction rosters dependent solely on a differentiation of themes, rather than the physical experiences.

ThatFloridaDude and Mike I think you both have good points, but I think that it is a little bit of both. A single brand should not be the basis for too many rides because you can never know how long it will stay appropriate or current (unless the brand has new movies or something of the sort being filmed). On the other note, a single ride system should not be used too often because it can make an experience feel redundant (unless the rides use the same system but have very different effects).

Reactions: natespf
Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of Weather Channel tie in with a 360 animation of a twister or hurricane (think a better Turtle Trek)...

Reminds me of this "Hurricane Force" wind experience at wonder works years ago. You needed Goggles. SO FUN to feel the power. Could definitely see this being pretty cool replacement.

Edit: Nevermind, someone gave me false information

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a way better Idea...get rid of fear factor and replace it with NINJA Warrior.

Last edited:
Edit: Nevermind, someone gave me false information

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a way better Idea...get rid of fear factor and replace it with NINJA Warrior.

Or wipe out, now THAT would be a show I'd move to orlando to be a part of. Could you imagine being paid to watch tourists bust their asses everyday? Best job ever

Or wipe out, now THAT would be a show I'd move to orlando to be a part of. Could you imagine being paid to watch tourists bust their asses everyday? Best job ever

If one of them came it would be Wipeout at Disney or Ninja at Universal. But I am agreement either would be a heck of a lot better than FF.