ICON Park | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I was headed into Joe's Crab Shack, I noticed the first spoke for the wheel is in.

20i6m3m.jpg

OK, I have lost all respect for you when it comes to restaurants, Joe's Crab Shack? :p

I have only been to Joe's once but it was not here. I thought it was excellent, am I missing something?

Also how long are they going to be set back trying to get those supports right side up? :rofl:

I have only been to Joe's once but it was not here. I thought it was excellent, am I missing something?

Also how long are they going to be set back trying to get those supports right side up? :rofl:

We went in Pittsburgh and it was an amazing experience and the food was awesome. We moved down here and I have not had one good experience since living in Orlando. There is one near the airport and it sits next to high tide harry's a local restaurant. Joe's parking lot is empty and High Tide's is packed. Once I tried High Tide's I have not been back to Joe's. I am not sure why the places vary from city to city, but I can tell you the last time I went I got this bucket and my sausage was so cold it was almost frozen while my seafood was overcooked. They should not be cooking frozen sausage with seafood, that is never going to work.

We went in Pittsburgh and it was an amazing experience and the food was awesome. We moved down here and I have not had one good experience since living in Orlando. There is one near the airport and it sits next to high tide harry's a local restaurant. Joe's parking lot is empty and High Tide's is packed. Once I tried High Tide's I have not been back to Joe's. I am not sure why the places vary from city to city, but I can tell you the last time I went I got this bucket and my sausage was so cold it was almost frozen while my seafood was overcooked. They should not be cooking frozen sausage with seafood, that is never going to work.

Ok, I have never been down here. Sounds like our region may not be run so well.

It's better than other parking garages in the area, like pointe Orlando, convention center, or the Hyatt regency ones. At least the layout is really well designed.

Thanks natespf! :thumbs:

No problem. It all depends on the specifics of the ride and location, but they are all neat.

The one in London is held up by cables, and they had all that space to assemble the ring laying down and it took more than a day to slowly lift it into place. But the Orlando Eye has solid spokes, so they could build it in place.

What is taking so long with adding new spokes... they were trucking right along and got to a quarter of the round and that is where it has been for a week. Did they run out of nuts and bolts? Reminds me of the Wyndham Theater...

What is taking so long with adding new spokes... they were trucking right along and got to a quarter of the round and that is where it has been for a week. Did they run out of nuts and bolts? Reminds me of the Wyndham Theater...

My understanding is the weather in Florida has not been great this last week. I am out of town for two weeks, but when I talk to any of my family in Orlando all they talk about is the thunderstorms and rain they have been getting. I would think a thunderstorm anywhere near this thing would shut down construction.

Hmmmm... my mom said that on Monday the thunder was shaking the building at her work. Most likely the typical scattered where some parts of Orlando gets storms and other parts don't. But it seems everyone is getting lots of rain and not the typical 30 minutes and done either.