Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It actually makes sense to use tires, since LSM's and LIM's would probably complicate a complicated ride even more.
So what appears to be LSM's on the track must be magnetic brakes then.

Is the tire system they use similar to the Hulk's?

Instead of being mounted horizontally in pairs like Hulk they are just mounted vertically like a car.

Just to give a live update, I'm currently waiting in line and it has broken down. Bad enough form them to turn on all the overhead lighting in the queue.

Update, they're evacuating the people on the ride. Looks like a bad one

"We were unable to restart the ride. We are in the process of positioning the ride vehicles for our technitions to evacuate you" - lady on PA

The whole queue has been evacuated and everyone has been given fast passes.

Last edited:
That sucks :(
Was on it around 11:30 45 min wait no breakdowns but fire was early and no water. Also there was a weird shuttering coming back into loading.

Last edited:
Finally got down to Universal to get my HHN tickets and re-new my passes. Did a quick run through both parks, and got a ride in on EFG.. no hiccups on my ride (it went down three times while in line(one hour)) It is a great ride and a good time. I wish it was not 3D the glasses make it too dark to enjoy the massive sets. The seats are a freaking joke.. I am a big guy but there is no reason for the seats to be that small and the lap bar and seat having the cones of death really put a hamper on your... well you get the picture. Other then the seats and DARK I loved it.

Ok, after riding EFG for the third time I must say this...the ride is already old to me..now don't get me wrong, it is fun...there is just something about the ride that has gotten stale where Mummy, Spiderman, FJ and Transformers have not...I may have hooted and holered about the ride my first go as it was based purely off of excitement for finally riding it..however..Gringotts is no longer a must see on my list whenever I visit..again could just be me but the ride has seriously become blah for me..and every time I ride it something is not working (Heat effect, water, the ride in general)...I will no longer wait more than 30 minutes for it..

I may need to hide now

I can understand that. It isn't nearly as kinetic as spiderman and FJ. I've ridden four times but still can't get enough of it. But that's probably because I'm an engineering student and I love just riding glasses off and looking at how this behemoth runs. From the last row you can get a really good look at the motion track for the troll and dragon scenes. The machinery that simulates that drop is crazy.

Ok, after riding EFG for the third time I must say this...the ride is already old to me..now don't get me wrong, it is fun...there is just something about the ride that has gotten stale where Mummy, Spiderman, FJ and Transformers have not...I may have hooted and holered about the ride my first go as it was based purely off of excitement for finally riding it..however..Gringotts is no longer a must see on my list whenever I visit..again could just be me but the ride has seriously become blah for me..and every time I ride it something is not working (Heat effect, water, the ride in general)...I will no longer wait more than 30 minutes for it..

I may need to hide now

That's fair. Gringotts has significantly less action compared to those rides. There pretty much isn't a time in Spidey/TF/FJ where the ride vehicle isn't either moving laterally or simulating motion. On the other hand, Gringotts has extended scenes with no motion to speak of. No lateral movement, no motion base, nothing. The overall pacing is just really rough - it's red light/green light the whole way through. The biggest offender for me is probably the Thief's Downfall scene...almost puts me to sleep. If I had my way, the troll footsteps would be throwing the cart all over the place and the motion when they break through the track would be more jarring. And that's not the only scene I have an issue with, but I'm no engineer...
i8G1vQaReiT0j.jpg

That said, Gringotts is probably top 3 for me behind Spidey/TF and ahead of FJ/Mummy. I think it has higher highs than those rides (tilting track, projection quality, sets, the launch) but the pacing keeps it from taking the top spot.

edit - I've ridden 19 times total. I just keep riding hoping that the experience will come around on me. something something definition of insanity :look:

Last edited:
I have only been on the ride twice now, having a 4 hours wait the first time and roughly a 20 minute wait on Friday at the start of Rock the Universe. The second time I went with a friend who had only been to Universal Studios once and that was almost 10 years ago. We had spent the morning touring Islands of Adventure and he loved FJ, but after ERG he said he was impressed by the queue and especially the dragon outside, but this was the only attraction we experienced where he had expressed a desire to not ride it again. I tend to agree with him that after the second time riding it, this would not be on my must ride list.

I got to ride this again over the weekend and they've definitely greatly improved capacity. I got in line around the same exact place outside but it only took half the time to get on compared to July. The only effect really missing that I noticed was the water.

But this ride is incredible. The experience starts as soon as you enter the Gringotts lobby. I absolutely love the elevators. The pre-show is pretty good too. Yes, this is a slower-paced ride but who doesn't love those? I think we might be comparing it to the wrong rides. Tech-wise, yes, it's in the same vein as Transformers/Mummy. But this is really a next level dark ride. It might even stand solely on its own.

Reactions: neoshinok
I think my issue is more that the pacing is jarring and inconsistent. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are slow paced rides, but their pacing is consistent throughout. Gringotts alternates between periods of fast paced movement and moments where there's no movement at all. Just feels uneven to me.

One of the better POVs I've seen. We need someone to film it with a great camera. What I love about Gringotts is the soundtrack.

[video=youtube;bYYwyTcLo-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYwyTcLo-k[/video]

Reactions: boomerthom
One of the better POVs I've seen. We need someone to film it with a great camera. What I love about Gringotts is the soundtrack.

[video=youtube;bYYwyTcLo-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYwyTcLo-k[/video]

Great POV video. It seems like that moving screen during the final/dragon scene is never completely covered up by the fog. Why don't they update the projected graphics to have digital fog come up and darken that area. That would help it be concealed completely by the real fog. And even if the real fog didn't work occasionally, it would be better than having nothing to transition the moving screen.

Great POV video. It seems like that moving screen during the final/dragon scene is never completely covered up by the fog. Why don't they update the projected graphics to have digital fog come up and darken that area. That would help it be concealed completely by the real fog. And even if the real fog didn't work occasionally, it would be better than having nothing to transition the moving screen.

I noticed this as well when I was on the ride, at moments you can clearly see the outlines of the TV, especially in the lighter colored scenes. Anyway, I find row 4 to be the best so far, you are in the front for most of the scenes and when it comes for the room in which the launch is, the screen that pulls away is less noticeable ...

Itching to watch this as I have other POV. So far I have avoided most spoilers and have quick scrolled through the pages of this thread many a time. Although the temptation is hard I will scratch that itch for another week until i get to ride it in person. Then I will be catching up with this thread proper LOL

Itching to watch this as I have other POV. So far I have avoided most spoilers and have quick scrolled through the pages of this thread many a time. Although the temptation is hard I will scratch that itch for another week until i get to ride it in person. Then I will be catching up with this thread proper LOL

I did this as well. I didn't even read the spoilers. It was worth the wait.

What do you mean make the screen pulling away less noticeable? That effect is mind-blowing to me. I want to see it.

What do you mean make the screen pulling away less noticeable? That effect is mind-blowing to me. I want to see it.

I mean less noticeable that it is just a screen, when you are at the front row you can clearly see that there is a screen there that will pull away. You can see the edges more of the screen and thus the illusion of wholeness is kind of broken ... anyway, hope this makes sense :)