Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Quick Queue Changes

Feb 12, 2014
I was looking on the Busch Gardens website and noticed that Quick Queue has changed. It looks similar to Six Flags Q-Bot system but is Smart Phone based. They offer 3 options.

Quick Queue

Reserve your place and get through the line faster at some of your favorite thrill rides. You’ll have even more time to explore Busch Gardens until it’s your time to ride!

Quick Queue Limited

Enjoy the park and wait less with Quick Queue Limited. Reserve your place once per attraction and reduce your wait time by 90%.

Quick Queue Unlimited

Enjoy unlimited reservations, reduce your wait time by 90%, and experience your favorite thrill rides over and over with Quick Queue Unlimited.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/attractions/rides/quick-queue/?from=Top_Nav

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new system.

This is the final week of a three week test of the new system at BGT. No word if it will continue next week or if it will go back to the old system. The pilot program is only being tested at BGT; if it works well, it could be rolled out to other SEAS parks in the future.

This is part of the whole new app that SeaWorld is rolling out that will basically make your smart phone do everything a magic band does. You can currently use it for your pass/tickets as well as to pay for purchases.

This software is developed by the same company that makes the Q-Bot. They do queuing and ticketing solutions for several other parks and attractions. There is a great advantage of the competitive nature of outsourcing solutions like this. You get your pick of the litter and only spend money on the solutions that work, and you don't get stuck in the money pit of software that does not work which can happen when developed internally.

This software is developed by the same company that makes the Q-Bot. They do queuing and ticketing solutions for several other parks and attractions. There is a great advantage of the competitive nature of outsourcing solutions like this. You get your pick of the litter and only spend money on the solutions that work, and you don't get stuck in the money pit of software that does not work which can happen when developed internally.

When I saw it, I thought it sounded like Q-Bot at Six Flags without the devices. I am looking at booking a packing for January is how I first noticed the new Quick Queue. Like other have said, the biggest potential disadvantage is you need to show the power the phone, then stow the phone, then return and get in line.

FYI, it's back to the regular Quick Queue system. I spoke with several staff members about the pilot program, and reaction was generally negative from guests. The biggest complaints were no pass member discounts and no wi-fi to use it around the park.

^Good. The pilot program was obviously a quick/easy cash grab aimed at tourists. I like the existing Orlando Quick Queue because it's cheap and works great, except for Kraken (where they won't let you sit in the front/back seat unless there's open seats, which is BS to me).

Last edited:
Ah yes, a program that relies on WiFi would fail if you do not have park-wide WiFi :pound:

Didn't Busch Gardens have a device you could rent, like the Q-Bot, at some point?