Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
An observation ...

Sure, last night was opening night, but it was also rainy (not a monsoon but constant showers) and it's the middle of September. And when I left at 11:45, the fourth floor of Cat in the Hat was not more than 10% full.

But when I walked past houses on the way out, they were all at 45 minute waits.

I know it's an HHN fan crowd, so no one was riding rides. I'm still troubled by the seeming lack of capacity despite 8 houses and the return of scare-zones. Simply put, if the event struggles with a minimal crowd like this, how will it handle mid-October?

An observation ...

Sure, last night was opening night, but it was also rainy (not a monsoon but constant showers) and it's the middle of September. And when I left at 11:45, the fourth floor of Cat in the Hat was not more than 10% full.

I know it's an HHN fan crowd, so no one was riding rides. I'm still troubled by the seeming lack of capacity despite 8 houses and the return of scare-zones. Simply put, if the event struggles with a minimal crowd like this, how will it handle mid-October?

I noticed the same thing, I'm curious how it does tonight if the rain holds off...

An observation ...

Bill and Ted was full as well. I knew people would want to see the show but the houses were at 45-60 min and the show was full so it definitely dod not feel like opening,

I cant imagine what it will be like mid October

An observation ...

I've been saying this over and over. Capacity has outpaced the event's growth - expansion isn't an option anymore, it's necessary. Universal just refuses to invest more.

While I've been going to hhn since 2009, this will be my first year going on a Saturday (Oct. 18th). I've devised what seems like a good plan of action, but should I just quit hopes of seeing everything in one night alreadY?

What is the point of this compound thing? Does a person win something?

I've been saying this over and over. Capacity has outpaced the event's growth - expansion isn't an option anymore, it's necessary. Universal just refuses to invest more.

Haven't I heard that in previous years, they will begin rushing people through the houses, making sure the conga line is super tight?

Too, like any other holiday, wouldn't make sense that people would feel compelled to visit another night to catch the houses that they missed? MK on December 27 is always quite the rip-off with 120 min ride waits.

Last edited:

.the Purge was kind of a mess tonight
it was so crowded the actors couldn't even walk around... I really do not recall an opening weekend when this area was so crowded. It felt like "hell week" in this area to be honest......so many people ....
I noticed AVP closed as well but this area was crowded even before the house closed.
(and people were not even waiting for it to open, I'm just saying I don't think the crowd was there because of the house closing, they were the for the purge)

Also, I was at the gates at 6, entered the park around 6:10 ended up at the Walking dead queue around 6:15 (the house opens at 6:30) ended up leaving that house at 7:30.
It took one hour for me to reach the house. I know the house is longer and I Understand more people have express pass now, ( I also know everyone is coming for the walking dead), but this was crazy.

I don't think there was a problem inside the house or something that was holding the line because I kept seeing people leave the exit after it opened at 6:30... this was just too long to wait. (specially since the park just opened) I don't think I will be visiting this house too often, It's not worth the time to wait. I Might try again once or twice but that's it.

I really hope Universal considers opening Diagon alley at least a couple of days to help with the crowds. I Know WB or J.K. said no already and all of that, But they just, They really need to get this area opened. There is no other way

Last edited:
They had so many express people tonight, that the Halloween line was basically at a stand still for like 30 mins! Just straight express with a little people from the regular line... It was horrible.

And the purge was just PACKED with guest it seemed like there were only 10 scare actors. D:
But i had fun, at least the weather was great!

Reactions: Lucky Planet
There is just WAY TOO many people.... I hate to repeat myself but If it is This bad on opening, What's going to happen on "hell week"???

I didn't know that about the Express pass on Halloween but Im not surprised. What happens if all the guests decide to get Express pass? what is Universal going to do then? What if people realize they need express and everyone gets one. this looks like it might be one of the most crowded years.
Maybe Universal thought about this and that's why they decided to only have 4 scarezones, since the actors might not even be able to walk around, what's the point?

I've heard some mix feelings on APH-RSVP.

Doing the S&S in "Diagon"(which is really just between Fear Factor and MIB) is pointless. Unless things have changed, they won't let you go until 6:30pm. So decided to do Lucy area. Got into Dusk but then after finishing WD didn't even open till 6:30pm. So I did Giggles and Gore. Could be I'm just confused or the times are just odd.

Wait times from what I notice tonight:
Halloween, Walking Dead and AvP had the highest waits.
Dollhouse, Roanoke, Giggles had medium waits(less than 35mins)
Dusk and Dracula 40-20mins(Are the ones no one really cares to go or keep going in)

I used to say, if you go hard you don't need express. Though that might change.

That tent house that halloween is in always seems to build a huge express line mid to late night. With express people just go in order and hit the back at the same time. Tonight last house I hut was avp and the tunnel at the end wasn't being used. Is it a safety concern with that puppet? I hope they don't axe it for the rest of the event. I like being stuck in there with the alien. But tonight halloween again impressed me. Such a good house.

That tent house that halloween is in always seems to build a huge express line mid to late night. With express people just go in order and hit the back at the same time. Tonight last house I hut was avp and the tunnel at the end wasn't being used. Is it a safety concern with that puppet? I hope they don't axe it for the rest of the event. I like being stuck in there with the alien. But tonight halloween again impressed me. Such a good house.

If the tunnel was not being used. Then what's the ending for the house? Do you even see anything? is there at least an actor or something?

I can't believe such a great house has such a lame ending, I'm Not saying the tunnel is not great, but the tunnel should have been used in the middle of the house or at least it should have been the room before the real ending or something. And now what if they take the tunnel away. wtf

The "Chicken" way around the tunnel is just a basic hallway around to the end. No actor or anything. At best they would stick a solider at the end.

Spotted Mike Aiello walking around yesterday right before gates opened. Really nice guy, I asked to get a quick picture, trying not to slow him down from wherever he was going, but he made a point to ask me what I'd done so far and what I liked. My face expression is "I'm not sure my camera is working" hahaha

pic.twitter.com/qZuPxddNRE

No actor or anything. It was just about midnight though. So idk if the dude running the last alien had to bail or what their reason was. I'm curious if it was running earlier that night. The other thing that I noticed that was missing was the person that is supposed to drop from above u with the bungee cord in Giggles and gore. Idk if that was a shift change or maybe there were safety concerns. Hopefully both things will be good for next weekend.

There is just WAY TOO many people.... I hate to repeat myself but If it is This bad on opening, What's going to happen on "hell week"???

Last night was packed with "corporate" people, all of them on RIP tours. Apparently one of the local hospitality groups even bought out NASCAR before hand. I wouldn't be shocked to learn other corporate partners--e.g. Coke, InBev--were comped huge numbers of tickets/RIP tours as well. The 8:30/10:00 B&T shows seemed to be primarily RIP groups, with everybody wearing nametags.

Both nights, the crowds were not reflected in the parking garage/traffic leaving the event.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say, as bad as outside ops have been (I'm sure they're shocked by the crowd too), in-house ops have been great this year. I've barely noticed them, had no one screaming and waving a flashlight even when the conga line comes to a sudden stop. Houses have been a nice length, as well, even Giggles & Gore. It's the little things.

I have to say that most of the lines we waited in yesterday were not nearly as bad as posted. Giggles and Gore had a posted 75 when we got in line, but it was no longer than 30. AVP was 60 when we got there and we were in in 30. Dracula may have been closest to actual time, with a posted 60 and entrance of 45. Halloween was the first house we got in line for once the park officially opened (we were there for APH RSVP) and it had a wait time of 70 but we were on in maybe 30. Overall, most waits seemed inflated, and we did not have express.