Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Row 6 is definitely the best for the drop and screen elements. The 1st vehicle (Rows 1-3) seems to have a bit more motion on the track.

The ride was working well today for the most part.......45 minute waits were common. On a side note.......what a cluster-f coming out of the elevator to get the glasses! They need to change that.......or better manage the crowd flow. It had improved near the end of the day. Does anyone know why glasses were not put on both sides?
I agree on your assessment of the elevator problem. If they would slow the number of elevator trips that would limit the number of people in that area. It's pure chaos right now...The best way to counteract the problem on an individual basis is to slide all the way to the exit doors during the Weasley show, then go straight for the elevator when the door opens. As soon as you get on the elevator move straight to the elevator exit doors, then bolt out the doors when they open. That moves you in front of at least 50 people. I don't understand why the elevator operators send so many people down that area at once. It would be a lot more orderly to just back up the rest of the queue. Even glasses on both sides wouldn't help when they send a lot of people down since you're channeling too many people into a small space that doesn't have queue lines.

I agree on your assessment of the elevator problem. If they would slow the number of elevator trips that would limit the number of people in that area. It's pure chaos right now...The best way to counteract the problem on an individual basis is to slide all the way to the exit doors during the Weasley show, then go straight for the elevator when the door opens. As soon as you get on the elevator move straight to the elevator exit doors, then bolt out the doors when they open. That moves you in front of at least 50 people. I don't understand why the elevator operators send so many people down that area at once. It would be a lot more orderly to just back up the rest of the queue. Even glasses on both sides wouldn't help when they send a lot of people down since you're channeling too many people into a small space that doesn't have queue lines.

Yeah that baffled me originally. Seems like a real simple fix too. Was stuck down in that area for what seemed like forever on my first ride.

Sometimes they stagger the elevators and manage the amount of people in the glasses room. Most of the time it seems they do not. I don't know if there is an actual policy or it's up to the elevator operator.

Agreed, the elevator is downright confusing for a lot of people. Last time we went everyone muscled up to the front of the elevator and then mad dashed to the left without even picking up their glasses. I quietly went with my family to pick up the glasses and headed up the stairs on the right. Once the main group realized they forgot their glasses they quickly grabbed them and dashed up the stairs after us.

While I think the Gringott's elevator is amazing and really does a good job of bringing you more into the story. I feel like the elevator dash is a general problem with any ride utilizing one. MiB, ToT, Gringott's, and HM all suffer the same problems. I wish there was a way to control the crowds better, but I'm confident the problem is the mentality of the crowds at the park nowadays. I don't ever remember going on HM as a kid and having people push and shove anyone they can.

I wish there was a way to control the crowds better, but I'm confident the problem is the mentality of the crowds at the park nowadays.

While today's theme park crowds deserve some grief for various reasons.........this one is on Universal for a poorly designed que area and/or team members not following protocol.

Last edited:
Bump. I'm tired of not seeing updates to this thread. Has anybody been on the ride in the last week?

Capacity is much better lately, they often run 6 or 7 trains. Still intermittent fog & no h2o but otherwise looking good. Elevator merge has been better when they have a TM managing the line there.

Capacity is much better lately, they often run 6 or 7 trains. Still intermittent fog & no h2o but otherwise looking good. Elevator merge has been better when they have a TM managing the line there.

Good to know! Thanks. I'm probably going to visit the park after HHN is over. It'll be my first time seeing Diagon. My strategy was to go when the crowds die down and they get the ride working smoothly.

If H20 doesn't come back I'd like to at least heart some sort of SF of water, just seems to really miss it without.

The NL2 is due to the humidity from what I heard. Extreme cold + humidity = Elsa.

I attempted to ride yesterday, but it seems they are still closing the ride earlier than the rest of the park. Really stinks for those like me who always go later in the day. I arrived to the ride around 6 to find the queue closed and the park was set for 7 closing.

This has happened to me 4 times now.

If H20 doesn't come back I'd like to at least heart some sort of SF of water, just seems to really miss it without.

The NL2 is due to the humidity from what I heard. Extreme cold + humidity = Elsa.

Is it known what the problem is with the water effects? And did these effects ever work before?

NL2? Does this refer to the fog? N is nitrogen, but what is L, just checked the periodic table and there is no element L.

I attempted to ride yesterday, but it seems they are still closing the ride earlier than the rest of the park. Really stinks for those like me who always go later in the day. I arrived to the ride around 6 to find the queue closed and the park was set for 7 closing.

This has happened to me 4 times now.

I tried to ride it again yesterday at 3:00 and it was only an a 60 minute wait and they were turning people away.

Is it known what the problem is with the water effects? And did these effects ever work before?

NL2? Does this refer to the fog? N is nitrogen, but what is L, just checked the periodic table and there is no element L.

Sorry, dyslexic. LN2 is short hand for liquid nitrogen.

There are problems on the other rides every so often. Transformers fog was off for an extended period this summer. In that instance, it has been said the the LN[SUP]2[/SUP] thickener device was out of commission. (I have no idea why it has to be thickened)

Sorry, I don't want to come off as a know-it-all, it's just that I love knowing the answers to all of these questions. Theme park tech is fascinating.

Finally did it for the first time.

At first the ride was closed so we had to walk around but when it opened the line was at 45. we went in and the line was moving pretty fast, but when we got past the goblins at the entrance the line stopped for a good 25 minutes. It freaked me out because I thought they were going to close it again. Finally we got inside, the elevator was really awesome.

As for the ride, I liked it... it was really nice, but I was expecting more. I don't know, I loved the parts with Voldemort but I didn't like how the ride goes completely dark in the coaster parts. they could have added some lights on the roof or some screens (Even if they were not showing anything but just the environment.)

going from seeing screens to pitch black in the fast parts of the ride was not as nice. I think I really would have preferred those areas with a little bit of light showing the walls or screens showing the cave. that's the only thing I didn't like. The rest was really cool.
the ride felt really really short.

I have to say Forbidden Journey is better for me I liked this one but I love the other one more

There are problems on the other rides every so often. Transformers fog was off for an extended period this summer. In that instance, it has been said the the LN[SUP]2[/SUP] thickener device was out of commission. (I have no idea why it has to be thickened)

Sorry, I don't want to come off as a know-it-all, it's just that I love knowing the answers to all of these questions. Theme park tech is fascinating.

Much agreed Teebin, this stuff fascinates me as well.

You sure about the Transformers problem? I thought it was a valve that had broken and needed to be replaced?
I assume thickening means that something else is mixed with the nitrogen before it is released, probably gives the fog more 'form'.
It seems to me that the fog effect in transformers is different from what it use to be, it does not fill the room up quite as much, I have actually wondered if perhaps people complained that there was too much fog.

Much agreed Teebin, this stuff fascinates me as well.

You sure about the Transformers problem? I thought it was a valve that had broken and needed to be replaced?
I assume thickening means that something else is mixed with the nitrogen before it is released, probably gives the fog more 'form'.
It seems to me that the fog effect in transformers is different from what it use to be, it does not fill the room up quite as much, I have actually wondered if perhaps people complained that there was too much fog.

Then perhaps it was a valve on the thickening unit. I believe it was Martin that mentioned the thickening device as being part of the problem.

Last edited:
Then perhaps it was a valve on the thickening unit. I believe it was Martin that mentioned the thickening device as being part of the problem.

Last weekend at hhn I rode transformers and the fog that blasts on the rooftop was working but the fog that is supposed to come from the Megatron rocket is still not working. It's starting to get really annoying with all these little things being off on their rides. On a positive note, a few months ago I feel like they reprofiled the ride because it is way more aggressive. Can anyone confirm that? As for hp the water and fog add the little amount of tangibility that adds to the ride. And I feel those effects are especially important for screen heavy rides like gringotts and transformers.

Heard humidity plays a factor.