Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Absolutely would not happen at Universal. Guns with blanks are still live ammunition without the projectile and if fired directly at someone it could cause powder burn or worse. Even in stunt shows like terminator the guns are never pointed remotely close to the actors. There is very specialized training and triple checks that go on when handling guns with blanks. And they are never given to scare actors. What you see are hard rubber guns with solid barrels! Some may light up or have sound effects but non have actual blanks inside. NO WAY NO HOW!!!!
I remembered feeling the same way Frank did. But I think the actor was pointing beyond me at someone. However, it was still unnerving.

Just a quick question: What do you think is the least-scary house at HHN? We will visit October 5th, and we (as europeans) are not used to big haunts and stuff... So we just might want to start a bit relaxed and when we think that HHN is our thing we´ll rockit (hahaha) till the end...

Are you getting Express???
If you are getting express then you can do what the other guys suggested. If you are Not getting express, then it becomes more about doing the houses that will get the longest lines first.
AVP is a good example, the lines for AVP and for FDTD get kind of long so if you were not using express I would recommend those.

Roanoke doesn't get a long line for most of the day so I would suggest waiting to do Roanoke after doing the sound stage houses (but if you have Express then none of this matters lol)

Last edited:
I can confirmed it has be "grounded" for this week. Perhaps it shall return watered-down. It's not like this isn't Halloween "Horror" Nights. The Purge isn't violent at all.

Just a quick question: What do you think is the least-scary house at HHN? We will visit October 5th, and we (as europeans) are not used to big haunts and stuff... So we just might want to start a bit relaxed and when we think that HHN is our thing we´ll rockit (hahaha) till the end...

Like everyone else said. Express is strongly recommended. At the start you could wait on Giggle & Gore. During the day-time. It's well lit. So you could get a easy feel for what's inside a haunt. A few of the actors might try to scare. Dusk, Dracula or Roanoke would be a good second house. Spend some time in the streets. That will also ease you into.

Hey and thanks for the answers,

no we are not getting express. It´s the first day after we arrive (we have a 13 hour flight) and we will be jet-lagged, so the plan was never to hit all the houses and everything. We just want to experience the event, see the scare zones (mostly the Purge - I know the movies are not the greatest but I love the idea of the purge) and soak up the atmosphere while having a few drinks. Like I said, we are not big horror or halloween fans. Here in Germany, we don´t even celebrate halloween ;)
In our home park (Phantasialand, which is small but great if you ever happen to be around), there is an enclosed launched Drop-Tower called Mystery Castle (look it up, it´s awesome !). The queue of this ride is a haunted castle with scare actors... and they are mild, might come up behind you and stomp with a foot or something. This already scares us, so we don´t think we will miss a lot. I watched the halloween pov and holy crap, I would have a panic attack in there.

Anyways, THANKS A LOT EVERYONE (!!) for the info.

And of course, if someone is around on Sunday the 5th, let me know. You can meet up with some funny germans ;) Our plan of attack is getting to IOA in the afternoon (we have 3-day park-to-park with express), then go over to Diagon to take advantage of this new park-to-park and hhn-ticketholders-only time. Then have some drinks in the irish pub and start the evening.

So after opening weekend the event has already seen some major tweaks, most noticeably the sounds in the Scarezones and the intensity level of AVP.

To anyone that went last week and tonight. How did crowds compare with last week. Imy going tomorrow and wanna get a feel for what to expect. I'm kinda pissed cause I tried to sign up for ap preview for sat but it's full. I wasn't sure I was going until 2 days ago. I guess next year I'll just sign up for all the days ahead of time.

Ugh seriously? First bill and ted in hollywood, then messing up rocky horror and now this? I swear to god people ruin everything

I can confirmed it has be "grounded" for this week. Perhaps it shall return watered-down. It's not like this isn't Halloween "Horror" Nights. The Purge isn't violent at all.

So, someone on twitter posted that the sacrifice show has been cancelled because it was so graphic. Is this true?

Halloween HAPPY nights... Didn't i call it? :lol:

Also someone on twitter is saying that the girls in FDTD are being covered? is that true as well?
so you can have vampires killing people and that's fine, but having girls showing some skin is where people draw the line? that's kind of bizarre :lol:

Last edited:
The show wasn't even that graphic, just the normal pulling guts out of someones body. What do people expect when they come to Halloween Horror Nights! Smh

Rocky horror is being censored, the voodoo rituals are too violent, the AVP crouch room gave someone a heart attack, vampire strippers are covering up, crowds are gigantic on opening weekend, cats and dogs are living together MASS HYSTERIA!!!!

Last edited:
Rocky horror is being censored, the voodoo rituals are too violent, the AVP crouch room gave someone a heart attack, vampire strippers are covering up, crowds are gigantic on opening weekend, cats and dogs are living together MASS HYSTERIA!!!!

as long as everyone is happy :ears:

So far, the lines for Dusk were the lowest of the 8. It was about 20mins from 10pm on. Halloween, Walking Dead and Avp seem to always have very long lines. I will give Dusk a run through tonight to see if anything changed. I went into AvP on Friday. Didn't notice any change and the tunnel (damn) was back.

Last edited:
Absolutely would not happen at Universal. Guns with blanks are still live ammunition without the projectile and if fired directly at someone it could cause powder burn or worse. Even in stunt shows like terminator the guns are never pointed remotely close to the actors. There is very specialized training and triple checks that go on when handling guns with blanks. And they are never given to scare actors. What you see are hard rubber guns with solid barrels! Some may light up or have sound effects but non have actual blanks inside. NO WAY NO HOW!!!!

This makes a lot of sense as working w/ blanks would take time to reload too often plus the cost. I know the actors can control sound effects so it is more likely I was well fooled by the art of illusion and my experience was just my perception to what I thought I saw.

The actor was a good distance from me, I don't want to make it sound like they put the gun right up to me, but I know that blanks can be powerfull which is part of why I felt uneasy. I recall many years ago an actor being killed on a set when, during some down time he played Russian Rulette with a blank gun and the power of the blast pushed bone into his temple killing him.

I'm pretty sure this was a issue at one point. After spending some time in the purge I've notice no one with a gun. Every points it they just jump scare. As well with Loomis in Halloween. His gun is now kept closer to the side of his body. Though the brothers in Dusk are shooting, we're just between them and a vampire.

I'm pretty sure this was a issue at one point. After spending some time in the purge I've notice no one with a gun. Every points it they just jump scare. As well with Loomis in Halloween. His gun is now kept closer to the side of his body. Though the brothers in Dusk are shooting, we're just between them and a vampire.
I noticed a guy with a rifle in the purge when I was there but yeah they were incredibly scarce. The funny thing was their substitute weapons though. Really two trash can lids? Crime is over for 12 hours and your using that for your weapon?

Last night was much more manageable than last weekend, and the pacing has been noticeably improved in most houses! The AvP crouch tunnel was open, didn't see any activity on the Bayou stage.

I was able to do 6 houses before the 8:45 B&T. Started in the AP early entrance with Roanoke, waited 20 min for Halloween to open up, they let us out of the AP area at 6:15, waited 10 min for Walking Dead to open, went to AvP with a 20 min wait, walked back toward Dusk til Dawn also 20 min wait, then did Dracula with a 10 min wait.

After that point, crowds had the big 3 (AvP, Walking Dead, Halloween) at a 60 min wait.