Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well AVP will be open before 6:30pm for stay and scream people. Walking Dead opens right at 6:30pm. Either one right off the ba.t Shall be a win for you.

Last Saturday the queue was full before 6.30 and once it hit 6.30 it was a 90 min wait. Do avp first then Dracula and fdtd then hit the tents. Wait til after 10.30 and walking dead will be under 45 mins.

I went Thursday to Sunday this year. I found Saturday odd in that it seemed like the AP event was more crowded than Friday's...but it seemed like by around 9 PM or so it got sort of slow and it was odd as the weather seemed better than any of the other nights.

Sunday felt a lot busier. I recall thinking that the price difference between Sat and Sun was bringing in more folks on Sunday...but I assume the 2nd week tends to be slower in general.

Last Saturday the queue was full before 6.30 and once it hit 6.30 it was a 90 min wait. Do avp first then Dracula and fdtd then hit the tents. Wait til after 10.30 and walking dead will be under 45 mins.
I believe WD even got to 100 last Saturday..crazy

Is giggles and gore in the disaster queue? Is this picture in the alley behind BJ?

By-osNlIAAAjw9C.jpg:large

pic from amusement buzz on twitter

Yeah. That's the disaster show building to the left. Waiting in that line I've basically seen rocky horror like 5 times.

For anyone wondering on a good touring plan that doesn't have an AP or wants to shell out money for an express pass I've gone the last 2 Saturdays and this plan has worked great for me! Going tomorrow night and Saturday night again too.

1. You need to be at the front gates no later than 6pm
2. Go straight to From Dusk till Dawn first (usually 10 minutes but you walk right in)
3. Go to AvP, it is open and the rest of the crowd is now lining up for WD and going to stand around until 6:30. Avp wait might be 15-20 tops.
4. Dracula (prob 10-15 min wait)
5. Go straight to the tent houses-do Roanoke first since it's in the parade building and dark inside then do Dollhouse since it's outside in a tent and is better once it starts getting dark (wait times for both were posted 20 min but we waited 10 for roanoke and walked staight into dollhouse)
6. By now it is probably getting dark and you need to wait until dark for Halloween. It's gonna have a long wait no matter what so suck it up and go wait. Last Saturday it was posted at 60 and we waited 50. Get a drink and enjoy the facade show and the music.
7. If all has gone according to plan now it's just about perfect for the 845 Bill and Ted Show (we walked out of halloween and right into BnT)
8. Your call here on out, we waited out Giggles and Gore (45 posted and was actually 60). Then we rode a few rides and enjoyed all the scarezones and ate at the Simpsons area.
9. At 11:45pm we got in line for Walking Dead. Posted at 60 minutes and we waited 25. I was expecting it to be low energy since the park closed at midnight but WHOA, that cast was bringing it. Awesome walk through and I loved it, way better than opening weekend! We exited the park at 1215, closing was 12.

Remember if you're in line before closing time you will get to go through the house so save a long wait for the end of the night! Also we're not fans of Rocky Horror so we skipped that so if that's your thing you might want to work that in after giggles and gore just remember when that show dumps they all go into the giggles and gore line.

Hope this helped some of you out! Have fun!

For anyone wondering on a good touring plan that doesn't have an AP or wants to shell out money for an express pass I've gone the last 2 Saturdays and this plan has worked great for me! Going tomorrow night and Saturday night again too.

1. You need to be at the front gates no later than 6pm
2. Go straight to From Dusk till Dawn first (usually 10 minutes but you walk right in)
3. Go to AvP, it is open and the rest of the crowd is now lining up for WD and going to stand around until 6:30. Avp wait might be 15-20 tops.
4. Dracula (prob 10-15 min wait)
5. Go straight to the tent houses-do Roanoke first since it's in the parade building and dark inside then do Dollhouse since it's outside in a tent and is better once it starts getting dark (wait times for both were posted 20 min but we waited 10 for roanoke and walked staight into dollhouse)
6. By now it is probably getting dark and you need to wait until dark for Halloween. It's gonna have a long wait no matter what so suck it up and go wait. Last Saturday it was posted at 60 and we waited 50. Get a drink and enjoy the facade show and the music.
7. If all has gone according to plan now it's just about perfect for the 845 Bill and Ted Show (we walked out of halloween and right into BnT)
8. Your call here on out, we waited out Giggles and Gore (45 posted and was actually 60). Then we rode a few rides and enjoyed all the scarezones and ate at the Simpsons area.
9. At 11:45pm we got in line for Walking Dead. Posted at 60 minutes and we waited 25. I was expecting it to be low energy since the park closed at midnight but WHOA, that cast was bringing it. Awesome walk through and I loved it, way better than opening weekend! We exited the park at 1215, closing was 12.

Remember if you're in line before closing time you will get to go through the house so save a long wait for the end of the night! Also we're not fans of Rocky Horror so we skipped that so if that's your thing you might want to work that in after giggles and gore just remember when that show dumps they all go into the giggles and gore line.

Hope this helped some of you out! Have fun!

Last sat we did exactly that but skipped BandThe and got to do Giggles Dollhouse and halloween an extra time.

Did stay and scream yesterday at Finnegan's, was hoping they'd let us out at 17h45, but it ended up being 18h, first house was AvP, but it had technical difficulties (lol) so did not open 'till 18h10.

Will most likely be going again next Thursday and do stay and scream at the kidzone. What is the first house there? (I'd assume Roanoke). I am hoping stay and scream goes a little better there, I know last year I used stay and scream there and they let us out a 17h45.

Thanks sjago! I look forward to the pics, both wide and super tight.

On another topic... and this is kind of touchy. How does Uni avoid hiring an actor that is "off the chizain". (ok, I am going to spook a few of you here) How do they make sure the knife or hatchet on set and in an actors hand isn't the real deal brought in from the outside?

I know this is a few weeks old but I felt it deserves an answer.

Over the summer, an incident occured that prompted immediate increases in security among employees. Ever since that incident (so for a couple of months now), Ive been told that ALL employees coming in to work are required to have their bags inspected (whereas this wasnt the case before). Since scareactors go through in the same way as everyone else, they are also checked for contraband items. To add to that, theyre just regular Universal Team Members, just with a more seasonal schedule and active job description. You should be no more worried about a knife showing up in a house at HHN than a gun showing up at the Barney show during regular park hours.

I know this is a few weeks old but I felt it deserves an answer.

Over the summer, an incident occured that prompted immediate increases in security among employees. Ever since that incident (so for a couple of months now), Ive been told that ALL employees coming in to work are required to have their bags inspected (whereas this wasnt the case before). Since scareactors go through in the same way as everyone else, they are also checked for contraband items. To add to that, theyre just regular Universal Team Members, just with a more seasonal schedule and active job description. You should be no more worried about a knife showing up in a house at HHN than a gun showing up at the Barney show during regular park hours.

To be fair, a Disney employee did set off a water bomb in a trash can a couple years ago and someone got a gun into Animal Kingdom. Not saying they were employees, but I don't feel like security is airline worthy. Maybe employee screenings are more intense, but for some reason I doubt it.

To be fair, a Disney employee did set off a water bomb in a trash can a couple years ago and someone got a gun into Animal Kingdom. Not saying they were employees, but I don't feel like security is airline worthy. Maybe employee screenings are more intense, but for some reason I doubt it.

No, theyre not. There arent metal detectors or body scanners or anything like that. But the questions was how they prevent accidents like this and that was the answer. And as to the Disney stuff, that was kinda my point in that last sentence...s*** happens everywhere, theres not really any reason to be more paranoid about it at HHN vs regular daytime operation.

For anyone who went last night how busy was it? Last week they mirrored each other so hoping to get an idea of what to expect tonight. Going tonight with a few people who haven't been yet and hoping to be able to hit all the houses and bill and Ted.

For anyone who went last night how busy was it? Last week they mirrored each other so hoping to get an idea of what to expect tonight. Going tonight with a few people who haven't been yet and hoping to be able to hit all the houses and bill and Ted.

It's was VERY busy last night, the most crowded I've ever seen it get. At 6:45 I believe Walking Dead was a 100 minute wait or so... Everything was consistently a 60-120 minute wait from 8:00-1:30 or so.

At 8:30, the line of stopped cars headed to the garage stretched back to I-4 along Universal Blvd. It looked like a sea of red lights all the way up, so I bailed.

Thursday was also slammed both in the parks and trying to leave around 12:30. Mardi Gras level traffic for what is traditionally the first Thursday and slowest night of the event (remember, started a week early this year).

Can you imagine how Hell Week will be if this is "slow"? I don't know how UNI handles the crowds later this month without doing something different. They need more shows ASAP, maybe need to look at throwing money at JKR to open Diagon all night. Even then, tho, things like parking are not so easily fixed.

Next year, almost certainly need to raise the price of multi-day tickets exponentially, and/or go to a two-park layout with more houses. The event is just too popular not to adopt drastic measures.

Last edited:
at first from 6 to 7:15 the lines were not really that bad i was able to do avp and giggles more than a couple of times. but after 7:30 it got crazy. bu 8 everything was 45 min to 60 min

then it rained around 9 lol, It is always funny to me to see people doing the WD line when it rains because it's like people don't know what to do haha. A lot of people stay in the line with the rain but others leave running

Last night was insane. My group was in front of the gates at 5:45 and they opened Roanoke and Doll House at 6. We were able to do Doll House, Halloween, Roanoke, Dracula, and DTD with under 25 minute waits (wait times posted were longer). Giggles and Gore was posted at a 45 minute wait and was probably a little longer, but it poured while we were in line and I don't think I saw one person run for cover. The dedication of the people in line was surprising. Once 8:30 hit, the houses were swamped excluding DTD which did a really good job of getting people in and out. We left at 12 because it really wasn't worth it to wait around for the last 30 minutes, hoping the lines of AVP and WD would drop.

Tonight wasn't terrible. We did 7 houses and saw bill and ted and did transformers. We could have done the 8th house as well.

Although its probably not possible...could anyone try and predict what crowds will be like on the 24th? That's when I'm looking at going and I want to know what to expect when I get there.

Although its probably not possible...could anyone try and predict what crowds will be like on the 24th? That's when I'm looking at going and I want to know what to expect when I get there.

You can always look at the prices for express passes. The higher they are the busier the night is.