Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alright, cool - and I'm sure it's been asked but are the buses running for early entry? Oh, and what time is check in usually?
Buses run for early entry. During the five nights we were there we never had to wait for a bus at Cabana or the Parking Garage. There was always a bus waiting or pulling up as we were walking over. Great service & very friendly drivers...Also, they were working on the bridge when we were there two weeks ago. They had some of the palm trees & foliage up. But they still have a lot of work to do on the Royal Pacific sidewalk connector. When we were at the Royal Pacific last week, they had just raised the bridge over the Royal Pacific waterway, and there is still a lot of sidewalk that needs put in. Just a note, but we arrived on the weekend Universal had some kind off Christian music festival. The check in desk said they were at 100 % capacity for that weekend. During the weekdays we were there though, it appeared considerably less full.

Has anyone stayed in a standard room, not pool facing. If so, which building should I request to have my room. Anything I should ask for or keep in mind?

Will be checking into Cabana for the first time next week. A standard room. Is there any area I "don't want to be in"? Thanks!

I don't think there's a bad area, but I prefer not to stay in the first floor with all the foot traffic going to the pools and/or parking areas.

Also, I prefer the Tower rooms rather than the Courtyard rooms, but just based on the single fact that the Towers are closer to the lazy river. The Courtyard rooms are closer to the other pool that has the water slide, if that's your cup of tea. There is no price difference between the two areas.

Here's a pic of the view I had this weekend, 7th floor, far end of the Americana tower:

ByAIl2eCEAAgiF1.jpg:large

Reactions: natespf
I can't think of anywhere specifically to stay away from, but in general try not to be near one of the gates to get in. Nearly everybody, employees included, let that thing slam, and it is LOUD.

I stayed in a standard room and hated it. It was a connecting room and you could hear the other room PERFECTLY. They would not shut up and we had to be up early for Diagon Alley. We started making loud faux sex noises to get them to pipe down.

I've had an early check in at Portofino twice before and Royal Pacific this last trip. Probably depends on how busy the hotel is and room availability. Lowe's has been very accommodating when they can.

I don't think there's a bad area, but I prefer not to stay in the first floor with all the foot traffic going to the pools and/or parking areas.

Also, I prefer the Tower rooms rather than the Courtyard rooms, but just based on the single fact that the Towers are closer to the lazy river. The Courtyard rooms are closer to the other pool that has the water slide, if that's your cup of tea. There is no price difference between the two areas.

Here's a pic of the view I had this weekend, 7th floor, far end of the Americana tower:

I can't think of anywhere specifically to stay away from, but in general try not to be near one of the gates to get in. Nearly everybody, employees included, let that thing slam, and it is LOUD.

I stayed in a standard room and hated it. It was a connecting room and you could hear the other room PERFECTLY. They would not shut up and we had to be up early for Diagon Alley. We started making loud faux sex noises to get them to pipe down.

Thanks for the tips. Will work on my sex noises just in case. :smiley:

Had my first stay last week for five nights during HHN. Overall the experience was a good one. We were in a standard room Americana building 6, 3rd floor.

+ Bus service was great. Waited once less than 5 min at the parks after HHN Sunday.
+ Room was appealing and clean.
+ Great variety at Bayliner Diner. Enjoyed the classic video loops.
+ Enjoyed the pool area - Lazy River side.

- Room location. Checked in Wednesday and why they put us all the way at the end of building 6 is beyond me. Long walk but not a bad thing.
- Hallway debris. Guests leaving pizza boxes, trash, etc; in hallway not picked up quick enough. Looks messy.

Great experience overall. Will be back and hopefully the walkway to Citywalk is complete. :smiley:

I've stayed 3 times now. I've had to suffer the long walk to the far end of the resort for one of my stays. ALSO i hate the pizza flyers put under your door from pizza places in the area. No idea how thats allowed or how it gets past loews/cabana bay.

I've stayed 3 times now. I've had to suffer the long walk to the far end of the resort for one of my stays. ALSO i hate the pizza flyers put under your door from pizza places in the area. No idea how thats allowed or how it gets past loews/cabana bay.

I actually love that. Especially when I'm looking to order pizza, it's real convenient. Plus, it reminds me I'm in Orlando. :hat:

I actually love that. Especially when I'm looking to order pizza, it's real convenient. Plus, it reminds me I'm in Orlando. :hat:

Be careful ordering any food from flyers put under your door. There are a lot of scams where they take your order and money but never deliver the food.

Be careful ordering any food from flyers put under your door. There are a lot of scams where they take your order and money but never deliver the food.

I remember hearing about that. lol I think the one I ordered from is Flippers.

Only negative thing I'll say (and I was reminded today because of this 50s thing they're doing at our community center) is I don't think I could have heard "Runaround Sue" one more time without going crazy :lol: ... I actually like the song but it seemed like every time I got on the damn bus, that's what was playing.