2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suspicion unless your either elderly or severely broken there is a tram in your future.
now that i typed tram, when you see a bg tram going through malfunction junction you know who it was.

Or maybe this won't be a coaster, could be a Huss frisbee or topspin ...

Just found this, in Germany's Phantasialand:
[video=youtube;cbPSgHDRx6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbPSgHDRx6s[/video]

Last edited:
Considering the company's financial difficulties and the fact that's taking them FIVE YEARS to build 3 bigger orca tanks at the SeaWorld parks and they're now building a Premiere clone coaster from Six Flags, I'm not sure that I'm getting my expectations very high just yet. It will be interesting to watch this unfold.

And I found your hints fascinating, Teebin.

Another new permit was filed today. This time for the demolition of the Critter Castaway theater (which we pretty much knew was coming), Bird Gardens, and three masonry buildings.

8yNsBZy.png

This area of the park is a substantial distance from Tut's Tomb, so could they possibly have multiple attractions planned for 2016?

Another thing to think about: the 2016 attraction permit was filed with the language "TUT'S TOMB AREA", with area being the keyword there. Perhaps this new attraction will be large enough to cross though several areas of the park? A giga coaster starting in the Bird Gardens area and working its way past the front gate (could make a nice entrance statement, like Gatekeeper and the new Fury 325) with a turnaround in the Parking lot/Tut's Tomb area. I realize this is probably the much less likely scenario, and that a coaster that size would be absolutely massive, but it's fun speculation.

Last edited:
The critter castaway and bird garden's area would be perfect for a coaster, there is not much in that area; if you enter the park and go to the left, you encounter Gwazi and (not including sesame street since this is strictly for little kids) then that is it, a long walk of no rides until you enter Stanleyville.

The Tut area I really think they ought to be a non-coaster thrill ride there, I'd really love for a topspin ride or something.
I know that technically they could have a coaster there and have it go into the Serengeti, but it would destroy the beauty of it.

Two new rides would be idea really, and then once that is done, they can finally figure out what to do with the Gwazi area, I expect the whole Gwazi area to be a major overhaul that will see the construction of a whole new land, would be nice since it is kind of a mess there.

Heard a while ago that Bird Gardens was becoming a Madagascar area (not necessarily movie based)..the habitats would be redone and sprucing of the area (think Jungala)...not sure if they ditched that idea or not

So they're finally getting rid of the theater (as planned). What's this about 3 masonry buildings? Is that the current location of "The Basement"?

There is very little of value in the "Bird Gardens" section of the park besides the Kangaroo Petting Zoo, which I'm sure could be easily relocated.

There is very little of value in the "Bird Gardens" section of the park
Bird Gardens is one of the few areas in the park that still has aged trees/foilage offering shade. One would hope any demo/future plans are mindful of this and careful not to turn this section into another concrete pad. It's easy to overlook such an asset when we've been accustomed to Six Cedars parks.

Bird Gardens is one of the few areas in the park that still has aged trees/foilage offering shade. One would hope any demo/future plans are mindful of this and careful not to turn this section into another concrete pad. It's easy to overlook such an asset when we've been accustomed to Six Cedars parks.

As ever, I agree, keep the great trees and build around and through them if you must. Old Disney on the other hand would move them a few feet if needed rather than chop any down.

So they're finally getting rid of the theater (as planned). What's this about 3 masonry buildings? Is that the current location of "The Basement"?

their are some buildings near the theater that it could be talking about. it is a large foot print big enough for a new building for new habitats... unless one of those buildings is also the former hspitality house. which is possible.

I was at the park this past weekend and put together this quick video showing off the heavy construction going on in the front entrance area, a look at the two areas with permits for demolition (Tut's Tomb & Critter Castaways) along with some general fun (craft beer selection, baby animals etc)

[video=youtube;ZZiaaE93gl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZiaaE93gl8[/video]

Reactions: Octobers Fade
That's awesome...but what the heck? Howl-O-Scream isn't even over yet and that area had a scarezone...seems a lot of expansion is happening at BGT

Once again for those that didn't get the memo a few pages back. 2016 is going to be a Mack spinning family coaster, which I think is a great compliment to Montu. :)

Was in BGT on Wednesday. Nothing going on in Egypt, but there are construction walls in the Gardens, from the little I could see at the other side, it is all dirt for now but some parts of the plot were partitioned of with yellow tape, I saw a few small squares like that, could be an indication for coaster support as the area would be big enough for one of those small premier rides coasters, or of course it could just be for utilities or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.