CityWalk Expansion | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I liked the Nascar Grille, I like the idea of a general ESPN Sports Zone type restaurant though also. It makes more sense since Nascar was being used for watching all sporting events.

Last edited:
OK, I was going to draw/scan a picture, but I don't think that's necessary.

So what would you guys think of "Comcast Xfinity Lounge"?

It would be a cross between a sports bar like ESPNZone and AMC's Fork and Screen only much larger. It would be tiered like a movie theater with alternating rows of recliners like one's in my eairlier post and semicircular booths. In the back would be long tables for larger parties and of course........the Bar! In the front would be one movie theater sized screen surrounded by smaller screens and sports tickers. There would be screens EVERYWHERE around the room. Each booth would have it's own 21" touchscreen screen to watch TV and order. The place would be saturated in Wi-Fi and each table would have a central charging station.

The reason why I think Comcast is a better branding that just NBC Sports is the Comcast brand is all inclusive. Not just NBC Sports, but ESPN, FOX Sports, ABC Sports etc. And it also opens the place up for other TV events like Walking Dead Season Finale Watch Parties, Academy Awards Watch Parties.

They have one of these in Philadelphia and it is AMAZING!

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=xfinity live philadelphia

I also have a great 4 star French themed restaurant concept that involves a "Gringott's-like" elevator and lots of screens. I call it "Eiffel's" and the inside looks sort of like this:

tumblr_n9mmrdGOHG1tiyqzao1_500.jpg

"It's very romantic"- Ricky and the Lifestylers
"If you don't have a "view", create one"- Some Guy at WDI

Last edited:
That Xfinity Live thing has a PBR Bar & Grill. I LOVE that place. They have one in the Planet Hollywood in Vegas and it's awesome.

I also have a great 4 star French themed restaurant concept that involves a "Gringott's-like" elevator and lots of screens. I call it "Eiffel's" and the inside looks sort of like this:

WOw... killer idea.. i say you patent this immediately! lol

:thumbs:

I'm 100% down with the Comcast/NBC Sports bar idea. Or..

I know it's been mentioned before, but I really would like to see Jekyll & Hyde come to Orlando, and NASCAR is the perfect size.

How big is the building? Besides the obvious NBC Sports Bar concept (which can be done across the lake at NBC City), I was thinking, if size permitting, maybe they would want to try and put a bowling alley in here? With Splitsville and King Bowl now open and highly successful, that's a clear market they are missing out on.

Again, it was just a thought based on King Bowl and Splitsville and i'm not even sure if it'd work. But it is a market they are missing out on.

How big is the building? Besides the obvious NBC Sports Bar concept (which can be done across the lake at NBC City), I was thinking, if size permitting, maybe they would want to try and put a bowling alley in here? With Splitsville and King Bowl now open and highly successful, that's a clear market they are missing out on.

Again, it was just a thought based on King Bowl and Splitsville and i'm not even sure if it'd work. But it is a market they are missing out on.

Cabana bay has a bowling alley. So if they wanted more people to use it they should advertise it by the busses.

Reactions: richjagr
... Again, it was just a thought based on King Bowl and Splitsville and i'm not even sure if it'd work. But it is a market they are missing out on.

Does the bowling alley in Cabana Bay cover this need so they are not missing out on the market but maybe they need to elevate the visibility of that option in City Walk?

Does the bowling alley in Cabana Bay cover this need so they are not missing out on the market but maybe they need to elevate the visibility of that option in City Walk?
It's only a 10-lane alley though and you have to pay to park at the resort before paying for overpriced bowling.

Cabana Bay charges $15/person to bowl + $4 for shoe rental. On top of that, it's $8 to park at Cabana Bay if you don't stay there and that only covers you for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, you could go to Kings Bowl and it's only $8/person TOTAL (including shoes) to bowl. AT MOST it would be $10/person, and that's only on Fri/Sat after 6PM. Every day of the week it's $5 to bowl, $3 shoe rental before 6.

Also, Kings Bowl and Splitsville are decidedly more than just bowling alley's. They are a bar or a restaurant. I've gone to Splitsville AND Kings Bowl simply just to eat. Splitsville, imo, has some of the best pizza in Orlando. I'm not saying that the bowling alley at Cabana Bay isn't nice, but it's also not a viable option to market, it's meant for hotel guests only.

It's only a 10-lane alley though and you have to pay to park at the resort before paying for overpriced bowling.

Cabana Bay charges $15/person to bowl + $4 for shoe rental. On top of that, it's $8 to park at Cabana Bay if you don't stay there and that only covers you for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, you could go to Kings Bowl and it's only $8/person TOTAL (including shoes) to bowl. AT MOST it would be $10/person, and that's only on Fri/Sat after 6PM. Every day of the week it's $5 to bowl, $3 shoe rental before 6.

Also, Kings Bowl and Splitsville are decidedly more than just bowling alley's. They are a bar or a restaurant. I've gone to Splitsville AND Kings Bowl simply just to eat. Splitsville, imo, has some of the best pizza in Orlando. I'm not saying that the bowling alley at Cabana Bay isn't nice, but it's also not a viable option to market, it's meant for hotel guests only.

Great Points, thanks for the clarification :cheers:

I see a bowling alley in CW as having many of the same drawbacks as that of the one in CBBR. It would be a more rounded experience being a part of a themed restaurant/bar, and people would not need to bus there from CW. But it would draw bowlers from on property hotel guests, reducing the number of those who go to CBBR to bowl. Being in an in-demand location would get some tourists staying off-side, but I wouldn't see it as something many locals would do.

I had thought the bowling alley at Cabana Bay would be Uni's answer to Splitsville/King's too, but after going playing there is no way they could come close to handling enough people to be viable. Add on to that the distance to the resort/bus access I wouldn't foresee many guests heading over there just to go bowling and eat lower quality food. I think a bowling alley would be a welcome addition here; it covers additional activities, sports bar environment, and food.

i'm down with a large arcade atmosphere like a dave and busters feel. Citywalk and Uni has golf, bowling, night clubs, etc but they lack in that crowd that enjoys the days of the arcade.

How about a tall-ish structure with a cool rooftop bar at night.
I dig that idea. A rooftop bar would be pretty sweet actually. There's a few rooftop bars down here(South Florida), and most of them are pretty fun.

I recall some people talking about a BBQ restaurant, which I love. A well-themed BBQ restaurant downstairs, with a country-western bar upstairs, sounds good to me.

All walls are gone now from Cowfish and there is a cowfish siton photo op :)
I saw a chef yesterday with a cowfish uniform and asked when they open, should be next week.