New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove by yesterday and didnt see any height balloons. I wonder how long they were up for...

Speaking about the Waterpark, I'm wondering if the rumblings from numerous people about the budget for the park being slashed is true. I truly hope not...

Where are these rumblings?

Spirit came back to WDWMagic last night stating that the budget for all projects going forward (except Kong) were slashed, or going to be looked at/re-examined. This included the water park, which he also said has had some significant cuts. Here is his quote from the MAGICal site:

The water park has had 'significant' cuts that will affect the quality of the product according to my source who we shall call 'Gwyneth' (are you watching Olaf on Kimmel now?!!) This is fact. Not rumor. Not conjecture. Not BS.

The ONLY project that has yet to see the budget ax has been Kong.

There is deep concern among many in Creative that Thierry Coup and Co. could be hacking the blue sky third gate, which has been described as ''incredible'' to me.

Understand this is all despite the amazing numbers that Comcast posted last week. And get that this is the same trap that Michael Eisner fell into at Disney (20% growth annually, remember?) DA has been a phenomenal hit ... and yet that just isn't enough. There always has to be more, more, more.

The idea that Burke, Williams and Co are great guys who love the parks and just want to make them as great as can be for some noble cause is laughable. They are investing in the parks because they are an underexploited asset (see WDW circa mid-80s). Only Wall Street demands far more, far quicker now ...

Thanks for posting the where. I take "cuts" with a wee bit of suspicion if only because many projects are designed to a stratospheric level of detail on detail. IOA had so many cuts in budget as it got way out of control. That said, it does not strike me as a theme park that was hacked to its bare bones.

Now, if cuts mean we are going to end up with a 50-75' volcano, then this thread might as well be closed.

Spirit came back to WDWMagic last night stating that the budget for all projects going forward (except Kong) were slashed, or going to be looked at/re-examined. This included the water park, which he also said has had some significant cuts. Here is his quote from the MAGICal site:

As with Kong budget being slashed he reported months ago this is also not correct.

The Spirit's info on Universal is about as reliable as Screamscape. If you read him regularly on WDW Magic, you'd see he doesn't have a good track record concerning Universal. He was just crying back in September that Diagon's numbers weren't good and the Comcast 3rd quarter results proved that wrong. His forte is Disney, and his record is much better over there.

I generally don't trust people who have to say stuff like: "This is fact. Not rumor. Not conjecture. Not BS."
The more effort is made to present something as true, the more likely it is to be false.

Reactions: natespf
So, most likely the balloons have nothing to do with the waterpark, which in a way makes sense, because if they have a huge model already and they'll probably start work early 2015, then height checks should have been done already. Could the other plots have land been boght up by universal and are these markers for some grand future project?
Could they edventually have properties connected via a monorail or something, or would that be impossible since it would have to pass over land that is not theirs?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the best I can offer is, "This was an absolute fact, yesterday...". :smiley:

Lol, love the sound of that!

The Spirit's info on Universal is about as reliable as Screamscape. If you read him regularly on WDW Magic, you'd see he doesn't have a good track record concerning Universal. He was just crying back in September that Diagon's numbers weren't good and the Comcast 3rd quarter results proved that wrong. His forte is Disney, and his record is much better over there.

I try not to read him regularly. He comes off as a sniveling fool a lot, especially when he takes cheap shots at people who aren't active members there. But, this isn't about him, so I'm going to get back on topic.

I'm not a water park person but still interested in seeing what Universal does with it.

I generally don't trust people who have to say stuff like: "This is fact. Not rumor. Not conjecture. Not BS."
The more effort is made to present something as true, the more likely it is to be false.
Very observant. Spirit definitely has 'issues". He's sometimes interesting and "some" of his Disney info pans out, but the tangents that he goes off on indicate all is not right there .I only read his posts since, as I said, some of his Disney info pans out. But his Universal info is definately not top insider status. He seems to thrive on getting attention.

Has anyone thought of calling Wet'n Wild or the Major Blvd property company and asking them what the balloons were all about? People like that always slip up in some way. We might at least find out if it was Uni or the city. I might be able to find out from other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.