King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercy, that is one very very general outline that will incorporate numerous unconnected concrete pads and doesn't line up with the more specific imaginings I have "perused", which appear more like the current construction. The current building we see is one concrete pad. They haven't really started on the others yet.

To clarify the differences I see, what was once a long 45 degree angle, appears to have been broken into 3 angles, a 90°, a 15°, and another 15°.

Mercy, that is one very very general outline that will incorporate numerous unconnected concrete pads and doesn't line up with the more specific imaginings I have "perused", which appear more like the current construction. The current building we see is one concrete pad. They haven't really started on the others yet.

To clarify the differences I see, what was once a long 45 degree angle, appears to have been broken into 3 angles, a 90°, a 15°, and another 15°.

so the design has changed since the original permit? theres still changes going on?

Perhaps, or, perhaps I am misreading things. But I don't think that I am.

You're not, I thought the same thing when the permit layout came out. The building on the layout we are looking at fits within the permit drawing. Permit drawings are also always very vague.

Green and dark red are what I am seeing constructed currently. You who know me on here know what the light gray is, or was. Those who don't will have to guess.

I just love tippy toeing around the rules:

current_const_zps9c1f232d.jpg

That said, they can probably keep both curves, if they tighten the second one... and it will save some bucks.

What are the odds this will be open by October 2016? Any projections/educated guesses? Would like to finally go down for HHN that year, would be fantastic if this was open by then.

Thought I would give you some food for thought. When the ride vehicle enters into the show building there is a projection onto what is not a screen, but rather a wall. As strange as it seems you can expect to see a projection on a wall. I myself don't understand this much, just thought I would cause a bit of chatter on that.

Thought I would give you some food for thought. When the ride vehicle enters into the show building there is a projection onto what is not a screen, but rather a wall. As strange as it seems you can expect to see a projection on a wall. I myself don't understand this much, just thought I would cause a bit of chatter on that.

There is something I am missing here. Put a coat of special paint on a wall and it is a screen, or they can attach a screen material directly to a wall. A screen is basically how it reflects the light, but honestly you can project on a wall with regular paint and it doesn't look too bad. Are you alluding to an effect where it transitions from practical set to projection (or vise versa)?

^ What is the difference between a screen and a wall in this case?

LOL, we both had the same reaction nate!

Though you were able to sum it up in one sentence, where I had problems summarizing it in one paragraph :rofl:

Sounds like the yeti projection scene from EE to me. I would imagine a similar silhouette of Kong effect at the start. Heck, if the yeti scene is a screen then it sounds like the projection mapping Disney has done on Indiana Jones and Alice in Wonderland.

Ooooh.... I see what you are talking about now. I had actually missed that/those projector(s). What you intended is that it is projected onto a themed/sculpted wall. I anticipate some kind of projection mapping. Giant bugs perhaps.

Ooooh.... I see what you are talking about now. I had actually missed that/those projector(s). What you intended is that it is projected onto a themed/sculpted wall. I anticipate some kind of projection mapping. Giant bugs perhaps.

Well we do have three large Bug AA's right there so it would make sense.

Maybe a ton of bugs crawling on the way (like mummy) as three giant real ones lunge towards the car for an added effect? Maybe those giant bats have something to do with it? Ugh the kong nerd in me is foaming at the mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.