Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Next Attraction To Go?

They usually announce a permanent closure at least a few weeks ahead.

Dec 21-Jan 3 is considered "peak season", which is synonymous with "Christmas Rush"....so you're safe

Hopefully they give some notice of permanent closure and refurbishment. Like you say, I don't expect anything major to close down before January 4th or 5th at the earliest because of Christmas peak season. I also don't want to skip something on the 2nd only to find it closed on the 5th. Originally I figured it would be one of the water rides of at IOA and not one of the rides at USF.

They would never close a major attraction on January 2nd that would be as crazy as swimming in shark infested water.

They would never close a major attraction on January 2nd that would be as crazy as swimming in shark infested water.

Funny historic reference!

If Disaster is as much of an e-stop/shut-down disaster as people have been reporting then I say it is really possible that they just shut it down without notice, at any moment. Really.

If Disaster is as much of an e-stop/shut-down disaster as people have been reporting then I say it is really possible that they just shut it down without notice, at any moment. Really.
Haven't heard that...but I don't think anyones vacation would be ruined by a sudden shut down...I venture to say Twister would be a bigger loss as it has been around for a while..

I have no reason to think Disaster is closing any sooner.

The worst is Fear Factor, and please don't tell me it's needed for Halloween, it's not. There is a big stage in front of the park. Fear factor needs to go NOW!

Just a little tidbit I heard recently...

Hollywood (whos anchor attraction is T2) is the lowest-performing area in the park merch-wise. The beancounters think this speaks to the longevity of the attraction. The only saving grace in the Terminator exit store is the Star Wars/Marvel/other sci-fi merchandise. Terminator sells squat. In fact, there are (at this time) no orders for new Terminator merchandise...all they have is what's currently in the warehouse and that's not a whole lot--this is apparently atypical of the Christmas season. And if Harry Potter taught Universal anything, it's that the key to a successful attraction is all in its associated merchandise. As if that weren't enough, the show has been breaking down rather frequently, which is a huge pain considering that the motorcycle used in the show does not exist anymore making spare parts impossible to find, and that it's using outdated A/V equipment.

I love T2, it's my favorite show in any theme park. I am hoping that these things are just anecdotal and don't hint toward an oncoming demise of the show...I'm not a Universal employee but it seems that from within the park they think that T2 is going pretty soon based on all of this.

Hollywood (whos anchor attraction is T2) is the lowest-performing area in the park merch-wise. The beancounters think this speaks to the longevity of the attraction. The only saving grace in the Terminator exit store is the Star Wars/Marvel/other sci-fi merchandise. Terminator sells squat. In fact, there are (at this time) no orders for new Terminator merchandise...all they have is what's currently in the warehouse and that's not a whole lot--this is apparently atypical of the Christmas season. And if Harry Potter taught Universal anything, it's that the key to a successful attraction is all in its associated merchandise. As if that weren't enough, the show has been breaking down rather frequently, which is a huge pain considering that the motorcycle used in the show does not exist anymore making spare parts impossible to find, and that it's using outdated A/V equipment.

I love T2, it's my favorite show in any theme park. I am hoping that these things are just anecdotal and don't hint toward an oncoming demise of the show...I'm not a Universal employee but it seems that from within the park they think that T2 is going pretty soon based on all of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Terminator went away soon...possibly for Star Trek...I wondered about the T2 merch that is funny (kind of) that they are just sitting there collecting dust..

I wouldn't be surprised if Terminator went away soon...possibly for Star Trek...I wondered about the T2 merch that is funny (kind of) that they are just sitting there collecting dust..

I wouldn't either. Honestly its a nice area in terms of theming, but provides nothing in terms of rides/things to do. Its a waste of space.

I mean I guess thats what Universal is realizing. One by one, lands have to gutted/reworked now that cash is coming in. Disaster area is in the same boat.

I'm sure with the upcomming terminator movie (Terminator Genisys) arriving August 2015 will push the sales and popularity nicely.

I'm sure with the upcomming terminator movie (Terminator Genisys) arriving August 2015 will push the sales and popularity nicely.

That should give it a bit of a bump, but probably not enough to make Uni execs too happy.

Hollywood should keep Terminator, but they need a new RIDE in the area to draw people over there.

T2 is the anchor attraction in Hollywood?
Unfortunately yes. Unless you consider the Horror Make-Up Show(which I love) or Lucy anchors? I do enjoy T-2, but wouldn't mind seeing it replaced either. Not a huge fan of the franchise, but maybe Star Trek?

I hope Disaster/San Francisco get axed sooner than later. Never been a huge fan of Earthquake/Disaster. The actual ride portion and it's special effects are entertaining, but all the pre-show(s) stuff is a little dragged out. Would definitely support the idea of San Francisco being re-themed to Los Angeles and adding a Fast & Furious coaster attraction, very Test Track-esque.

T2 is going to get the axe at some point, the attraction is outdated especially with high tech 3-D rides all over the parks. I'm not sure exactly how much space they have to work with in that area, but doing something new and cool there would be something I support 100%.

T2 is the anchor attraction in Hollywood?

I think you are stating this for you feel folks are talking about California. I'm pretty sure folks are talking about the Hollywood section in Orlando.

If I am not mistaken, T2 was already removed out west as I recall there once being talking of parts from the attraction out there helping Orlando's version out.

How long has Shrek been there? It's almost as if they don't care much about it. The Exterior posters are severely faded out. It looks bad especially since its one of the few buildings you see as you walk in the park and it really makes for a bad welcome. I rode it this past weekend and alot of the seats weren't moving. The one I had unfortunately moved a little too much. I felt like I was on a bull ride.