Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We must all see through the hype, be it Disney or Universal. Both hype these attractions to impossible outcomes.

Well I was just talking about the idea of the ride vehicle here, like the thing has simulated breathing. Like if the ride sucks whatever that's just an awesome feature that's unique to pretty much anything. I agree though we all shouldn't get too attached at the IDEA of projects, wait till we start seeing crap before losing our loads

Well I was just talking about the idea of the ride vehicle here, like the thing has simulated breathing. Like if the ride sucks whatever that's just an awesome feature that's unique to pretty much anything. I agree though we all shouldn't get too attached at the IDEA of projects, wait till we start seeing crap before losing our loads
Well ideally each ride vehicle would have its own AA head that moves....that's before budget cuts though

Hmmm... Well the way things are going sounds very interesting. This project has had a lot of factors that could make or break it from the beginning. The breathing ride vehicles definitely sounds like a feature that would blow people's minds. I'm really interested in seeing the show building and facade for this...

Oh you...

I'm sure Avatar will be upkept..Dinosaur and Yeti will still be ignored however..
Well, the opening of two new attractions and a night show could finally give Disney the opportunity to take Dinosaur and Everest off-line for refurbs once Avatarland opens. Maybe that's being a bit hopeful, but I don't think it's beyond possibility. Everest literally hasn't been down for a refurb ONCE since opening because of the strain that it's had on it.

Last edited:
New aerial photo (December 2014):
i-MXvRjT6X2-X2.jpg

Here's a November aerial for comparison:

Last edited:
I was unaware of how big this area is. But based on those aerial photos, this land is going to be pretty impressive in regards to size. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm quite excited for this project. I just hope I see it completed in my lifetime...

Yeah I doubt this will take 2 years. My guess it'll open late 2018 complete

Which would be a year after it said it was going to open.

FYI, the boat ride is coming but has gone into re-development. Lots of things are still being worked on, so I wouldn't expect 2018 in the end ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.