The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 917 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure how long they've been on but I felt the new air blasters on the ride yesterday. They really do make a difference and it was the best I felt after riding.

Thanks for the heads up on this HTF!

Are you referring to some new air effect on the original ride and about feeling motion sickness? Sorry, I'm just out of the loop and trying to figure out what you are talking about.:smiley:

Yeah, it came out months ago that they would these new air blasts right above your head that hit you with cool air throughout the ride as it's supposed to be prevent motion sickness. I was surprised when I felt it so I asked the ride attendant who checked my restraint and she said it's to "hopefully keep people from throwing up."

Yeah, it came out months ago that they would these new air blasts right above your head that hit you with cool air throughout the ride as it's supposed to be prevent motion sickness. I was surprised when I felt it so I asked the ride attendant who checked my restraint and she said it's to "hopefully keep people from throwing up."

Ironically speaking as I got off the ride on Sunday, the poor team members were spreading the granules on a hefty pile of it in the hallway. lol the smell was horrible

As Cedric is featured in the DC queue, I figured I could squeeze this in here. I just watched Goblet of Fire on HBO the other night, and hearing the the yule ball practice waltz music (and consecutive scenes in which it is used, and which I find very charming), I went looking to listen to it on youtube.

Well, I found this compiled suite made from the CD of the choice pieces and run together as if an orchestra played it all live. One section floored me because although I recognized it, I had not heard the entire piece. Turns out that it is titled, "Hogwarts Hymn". It is quite "wow" unto itself without a bunch of movie playing over it.

Hogwarts Hymn
[video=youtube_share;Ls8TGHIJDgA]http://youtu.be/Ls8TGHIJDgA[/video]

Goblet of Fire Suite
[video=youtube_share;ICSpRLJSEe0]http://youtu.be/ICSpRLJSEe0[/video]

Last edited:
What are these things in Dark Arts? Motion detectors? I have never noticed them before.

darkarts_zps99f15241.jpg

They look like sprinkler head covers. The cover is attached to the sprinkler head. When it drops down it will allow the sprinkler to douse the room.

Hopefully it's never needed.

Apparently in Dumbledor's office, on the shelf to the right to him, there is a floating red book effect that I never noticed before! Does anybody have a better video of it than this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3-xjoWJHg

After going through the castle and on FJ so many times I feel stupid for not knowing about this by now!

Yeah, it was in the show design plans, but I only went through the standby queue once, and forgot to look for it. It's been there since day one.

We love seeing the red book being floated into place on the bookshelf, but haven't seen it in ages. Granted, we only pause for a moment when going through the queue so it could have just been bad timing on our part. Great effect!

I have never noticed it and never even knew it existed. Going to have to keep an eye out for it next time. Any idea if the book has some importance in the Harry Potter Universe?

Apparently in Dumbledor's office, on the shelf to the right to him, there is a floating red book effect that I never noticed before! Does anybody have a better video of it than this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uY3-xjoWJHg

After going through the castle and on FJ so many times I feel stupid for not knowing about this by now!

Isint it great that people, myself included, are still spotting new effects and/or theming nearly 5 years down the road, It really highlights the level of detail put into the project.

I've been through that castle over and over and still see new things. I didn't realize that that there was a relic from every DADA professor in the classroom. I finally found Moody's staff.

I went on twice last week and the soul sucking scene with the dementors was actually back. I haven't seen it in person before, not even my first ride in December 2010.

I went on twice last week and the soul sucking scene with the dementors was actually back. I haven't seen it in person before, not even my first ride in December 2010.

You know of all the times I've been on FJ, I think that scene hasn't worked maybe 5 times...

You know of all the times I've been on FJ, I think that scene hasn't worked maybe 5 times...

That effect works maybe once or twice a week. I'm not entirely sure what it takes to make it consistently work, but I'm sure the third shift technicians can determine whether or not it'll work for the day.

Last edited:
Saw that someone posted to Facebook that they saw 4 or 5 Dementors functioning in the soul sucking scene with black light effects turned on. I don't normally trust FB with these kinds of things, but thought I'd just double check here to see if anyone else noticed this?

Saw that someone posted to Facebook that they saw 4 or 5 Dementors functioning in the soul sucking scene with black light effects turned on. I don't normally trust FB with these kinds of things, but thought I'd just double check here to see if anyone else noticed this?

Im curious if that person saw those dementors actually dropping down at them or just saw them. Because since they brightened up the domes it has made it was easier to see them all.