Terminator Motorcycle? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Terminator Motorcycle?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Not really. It's pretty much a mini Spider-man vehicle running around the stage.

There's a track, bus bar, and the bike has a motion profile.

Right, that is what I was implying, but it is more test track than anything. It sounds as if the motorcycle will move whether or not anyone is on it, short of the final launch into the screen.

There's so many more technical achievements in this show that most people don't realize. Next time you watch it, look at the screen above the podium. When Sarah Conner first repels she's on screen delivering her warning. The video is pre-recorded with Linda Hamilton but the actor on stage has to mimic each step and head turn of the video precisely.

Last edited:
There's so many more technical achievements in this show that most people don't realize. Next time you watch it, look at the screen above the podium. When Sarah Conner first repels she's on screen delivering here warning. The video is pre-recorded with Linda Hamilton but the actor on stage has to mimic each step and head turn of the video precisely.

Yep, actually all of the characters are choreographed perfectly "Arnold, John, Sarah, Liquid metal"

Right, that is what I was implying, but it is more test track than anything. It sounds as if the motorcycle will move whether or not anyone is on it, short of the final launch into the screen.

I have no idea where to find it, but there is in fact video somewhere of the bike running around on stage by itself.

I saw the show last week, the bike didn't work so they went somewhat off script about how his motorcycle would be there when they go to the future
Can you please tell me how this is solved storywise? And what they came up with to have the bike still in the future?

Btw, I thought the whole dialogue was pre-recorded so I guess there isn't any new text?

From what I´ve heard is that they cancel the current show in which the bike error happens, as they have to get the bike off the stage. Then the next show doesn´t feature the bike. Terminator comes running on the stage and inthe end all the actors run off the stage. But that´s all I´ve heard from stories. Never been able to see it unfortunatel. I´m still hoping that someone records it and puts it on youtube.

^ I have seen it many times where the bike does not come out, or it stops on stage where they just get off and it's still stuck there when they walk thru the portal and appear on the other side with the bike. Any way I have seen it was never explained, the story stayed the same and the motorcycle sounds still played the whole time. But the bike has problems so often it's a good idea for them to have a backup plan.

If the bike doesn't come out, they do alternate blocking and then the video just picks up in the same spot as if they teleported on a bike. It's not the best but the show can still go on. If the bike gets stuck on stage the show will most likely go down because they can't do the whole cyberdyne scene with a bike in the way.

Yesterday it worked perfectly and I enjoyed the show a lot.
Good to hear. I enjoy the show very much. Great ending and a must to see for every vacation I spend at Universal.My brother is a high level executive with one of the movie studios and it's his favorite attraction at Universal.

Last edited:
Terminator 2:3D will always have a special place in my heart. It was my first Universal attraction, as a matter of fact, back in 2005. A trip to USO isn't complete with at least one viewing of T2. It makes me upset that I didn't see it in Hollywood before it was too late. I had two chances, but I simply figured that it was the same as Florida's version. :bonk: