Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose we got a refresh of the Visitors Center with a more themeing, like the "Hammond Creation Lab" seen in this video?

0TKoctE.jpg

Or how about a Camp Jurassic makeover, to incorporate elements from Jurassic Worlds 'Gentle Giants Petting Zoo'?

LjjsdFc.jpg

Imagine if the waterfront area saw a refresh, with new shops and restaurants inspired by Jurassic Worlds 'Main Street'/boardwalk.

mmlyQuZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Skubersky
Hey there! New to the forum! Found this thread the most interesting thanks to my love of all things JP! What are the latest rumors now and when can we expect to hear more?

JPRA came back from refurb today. Some rocks were repainted and the Dinos got very colorful new skins, but none of the animation was improved and many important effects -- opening gates, sparks, shadows, jumping raptor -- weren't working. :-(

Reactions: Cwoolboy
JPRA came back from refurb today. Some rocks were repainted and the Dinos got very colorful new skins, but none of the animation was improved and many important effects -- opening gates, sparks, shadows, jumping raptor -- weren't working. :-(

Wild, sometimes it seems Comcast is trying to best Disney, and then at other times, not at all; old Uni cutting corners. 2006 Universal.

I dislike conceding that sometimes, I just don't understand the business.

This bugs me. JPRA is an amazing ride- but some of the effects feel so dated and need a retouched. With a few new bells and whistles JPRA would feel like a modern attraction.

Not to mention the inconsistency of the dino designs and colors. How hard would it be to paint the Dinosaurs like their film counterparts? I'm hoping that the new stuff coming to JP will see JPRA get more than a small fresh coat of paint.

This bugs me. JPRA is an amazing ride- but some of the effects feel so dated and need a retouched. With a few new bells and whistles JPRA would feel like a modern attraction.

Not to mention the inconsistency of the dino designs and colors. How hard would it be to paint the Dinosaurs like their film counterparts? I'm hoping that the new stuff coming to JP will see JPRA get more than a small fresh coat of paint.

One of those attractions that if the effects are off, the ride is not at all what it should be...

Very splash mountain-esque

Dunno if it means anything, but just the other day they removed a bunch of trees from the Trike Encounter entrance and put up a small planter wall.
It's almost like they don't know what to do with this area. Reopen the Triceratops Encounter? Build a family coaster? Expand Camp Jurassic? Build a dark ride? Or do nothing at all...

There isn't anything of Trikes left to "re-open" if I'm not mistaken. The animatronics were removed. Rather than refurbishing or replacing them, it makes better financial sense to just replace the concept with a new attraction. I'm sure there are many plans for the site, and it's really just a matter of time and waiting for the area to become the top of the priority list for Universal. As badly as some people might think JP needs improvements, there are other areas that need more improvements first.

Status
Not open for further replies.