MSHI Expansion? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious what the time frame for this work will be. It's not going to happen, but it'd be hilarious if they paid for a MSHI updates 'trailer' to play before Age of Ultron.

I'm curious what the time frame for this work will be. It's not going to happen, but it'd be hilarious if they paid for a MSHI updates 'trailer' to play before Age of Ultron.

WDWNT says Hulk and Doom will both close by the end of the year. Hulk's rumored work I assume would talk 1/2 a year? Maybe more? I dunno. I'm not an expert on stuff like that.

If Doom is really closing and is really being demolished for a new ride, I'd guess we have until 2018 for that? Big IF's there.

That is what makes it all so much fun!

It really is. One thing I will say, it will STILL BE MARVEL. I feel dumb for having to put that in caps, but it needs to be hammered home for some.

WDWNT says Hulk and Doom will both close by the end of the year. Hulk's rumored work I assume would talk 1/2 a year? Maybe more? I dunno. I'm not an expert on stuff like that.

If Doom is really closing and is really being demolished for a new ride, I'd guess we have until 2018 for that? Big IF's there.

It really is. One thing I will say, it will STILL BE MARVEL. I feel dumb for having to put that in caps, but it needs to be hammered home for some.

And yet, some will still read that as Universal is giving the rights to Disney.

Removing hulk and putting him with avengers makes sense. so if doom goes to make way for an avengers attraction then a shield area for hulk and storm force makes sense.

I'm down for a hulk fix up, that queue is garbage and the ride itself could use some love. I hope they add some projection mapping in the tube and some more thematic elements outside, such a dull ride. As for doom, I hope the only thing they do here is give it better programming by having it drop more. I'd hate to see it go, its a fantastic ride and probably the most iconic figures of the resort. Here's to awesomeness. BTW I'm I the only one realizing that everybody who says marvel is going fails to mention spiderman? Y'all silly

Get rid of Doom and replace it with a tower of terroresque dark thrill ride themed to maybe infinity crystals since I'm hearing Avengers is good to go and more so getting rid of the Fox properties in the park. Add an Iron man launched flying coaster. Retheme storm to Asgard or something maybe even GoTG.

They could theme the metal detectors to Ultron. :lol:

00715DFC-3DCB-4232-BAC2-2604CE4B0254_zpsiddzhlkk.jpg

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
Lots of interesting stuff. I'd hate to see Doom go. Not because I love the ride but the sight of it. The first thing you see when your approaching the resort. But I'm all for MSHI getting upgraded

Universal has a lot unused thanks to certain IPs not being as popular as they are now. Weird to think iron man and Thor were C list superheroes back when IOA opened

Oh right. I forgot Fantastic Four and I consider Spider-Man to be part of the Avengers universe.

Moot point, because they specifically own him and his villains (and Aunt May and MJ ...), but when the contract was signed, Spidey was most definitely not an Avenger or in that family.

As for GotG, it would be a huge stretch, but might be able to make a case for StarLord and Rocket. Fairly certain Gamora and Draxx were created post-contract as Guardians.

I'm fairly certain this would be an issue, given that Iron Patriot--not Iron Man--promoted IM3 at Planet Hollywood. It seems likely Disney Legal thinks an Avenger not in existence at the time the contract was signed is not covered. But even then, for the GotG, I imagine comic book scholars would have to duke it out as to what a "member" of the Avengers is, how many issues must appear in etc. Probably easier just to go with the more iconic Cap, Hulk, IM and Spidey.

A huge number of major, and many minor, Marvel characters have been Avengers at one time or another. Actually Hulk & SpiderMan were two of the very earliest.By having that family in the contract Universal has a ton of flexibility.

It seems likely Disney Legal thinks an Avenger not in existence at the time the contract was signed is not covered.

So what does that mean for the cast of Avengers Now if it actually does take off with as much hype they've been giving it.