Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a feeling today's announcemnt was a guage to see just how excited the general public was/is about this Nintendo/Universal mash-up. This way they can decided weather to do a single dark ride or a whole themed land. Also for those of you hard core Nintendo fans out there, I can gurrentee Universal isnt going to put a ton of money into building something for every Nintendo fan, they will build things that are releveant to the general public (I.e Mario, Zelda, Pokemon (?)) So in my humble opinion a mash up dark ride with a world of Nintendo theme makes the most sense with a Kid Zone sized area for smaller children along with various photo ops. Building out KidZone all the way around back stage as far as MIB seems like way too much. There are so many more franchises to capitalize on to be taking up such valuable space.

A Mr. Toad's Wild Ride stlye ride with Mario Kart/Nintendo characters would be a lot of fun...

I was hoping for more of a RSR type ride if they make a Mario Kart experience (especially given the fact that F&F will probably not get that sort of treatment).

When I was at Universal tuesday there was a group of 5 to 8 people that looked important. They were on the waterfront of London talking about all the detail that went into the project. I'm now curious who those people were.

Building out KidZone all the way around back stage as far as MIB seems like way too much. There are so many more franchises to capitalize on to be taking up such valuable space.

Well according to Teebin on the Future Projects thread (post 1020 here: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/9272-Future-Universal-Projects-and-Parks/page68) there are rumors of a third gate again so they may not care too much about using up all the available space.

Let-s-head-to-do-Mario-Lane-1060713.jpg

OK, all you photoshop experts, who will be the first one to create an image of Mario jumping on Mickey's head, like he does on the mushrooms?

Wow, I thought this was a April Fool's joke put up late. This news is huge to say the least!
Also, considering Universal Osaka is wanting to do a second park, I got a feeling this will come into play for sure.
Finally, a thing to consider. Nintendo keeps their IP's very close to their chest, they don't just give them out to anyone...so that makes me feel Universal has something special planned to get them to go through with this deal.

Either way, this is exciting and I'd be surprised if there was a Universal exec that didn't have a bit of a swagga in their walk right now.

My one fear, as seen already on this thread, is that so many people have different ideas of what they want in a Nintendo themed land, meaning some people will be disappointed with what they ultimately decide to do. I really can't see them doing mini lands in the space of Kidzone as it would be fairly cramped, unless they only included a few (like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon).

I still would prefer this to take over from Toon Lagoon, because there is more land to work with and the main characters there (Popeye, Dudley Doo Right) will not be too well known in twenty years.

Here are my honest thoughts of what they could do if they used the kidzone plot.
-mario E ticket
-Zelda walkthrough experience or D ticket (maybe MIB expansion plot)
-possible star fox simulator (if it's going to japan, no doubt this will replace BTTF. Possible parade building or George replacement, most likely a japan clone)
-donkey kong mini coaster (wild mouse or possible woody replacement or retheme)
-Pokemon show (Barney replacement)
-pikmin playground (fieval replacement)
Again this is all pure speculation and what I realistically think will become of kidzone if Nintendo replaces it

Been scanning around the net for info on the Nintendo thing, and there are a lot of Disney fans that are making a crazy logic leap that this equals Marvel going back to Disney. I really don't get it.

Been scanning around the net for info on the Nintendo thing, and there are a lot of Disney fans that are making a crazy logic leap that this equals Marvel going back to Disney. I really don't get it.

Its so funny. Alot of the other site are fixed on Nintendo going into marvel superhero island for a replacement. I cant wait till the realize it isnt happening

How about a roller coaster based on this.....

[video=youtube;2Wqbp06sJOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wqbp06sJOc[/video]

The pixie dusters are always grasping at straws (or snorting through them) whenever the subject of Marvel is brought up. They just can't accept the fact that Marvel will be at Universal Orlando until Mickey is buried in the swamp. Lots of really naive people out there.

How about a roller coaster based on this.....

[video=youtube;2Wqbp06sJOc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wqbp06sJOc[/video]

as cool as that would be we already have one mine coaster in the park with potter.

I would love for donkey to be a water ride. Would be cool if USF gets one. That or a Yoshi Island water ride

Same people who see those FB "stories" about Hulk crashing and killing 20 people and then they declare this is why they'd never go to universal.

as cool as that would be we already have one mine coaster in the park with potter.

I would love for donkey to be a water ride. Would be cool if USF gets one. That or a Yoshi Island water ride

Eh, IDK how much I'd call Gringotts a "mine" ride. I imagine any DK coaster would be much more coaster-like than Gringotts is.