Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is the equivalent of the day that the Miami Heat signed Lebron James. With Nintendo and Universal working together, its a good bet that Miyamoto will be involved too. I've always pictured the Mushroom Kingdom in a theme park looking like this. Starts at about the 45 second mark.

[video=youtube;MhCZ0uAkreY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCZ0uAkreY[/video]

oh please dont remind me of this day! :'( such great times then LOL

but yes i agree HUGE news and i think great team up that has been a long time in the works even going back to when Rumors started flying about a video game 3rd gate on here ;) just wanted to remind everyone of that

Been scanning around the net for info on the Nintendo thing, and there are a lot of Disney fans that are making a crazy logic leap that this equals Marvel going back to Disney. I really don't get it.
Disney fans live in a Fantasy world filled with pixie dust and princesses.

Eh, IDK how much I'd call Gringotts a "mine" ride. I imagine any DK coaster would be much more coaster-like than Gringotts is.

Since this is replacing Kidzone and we are already trying to figure out what kind of rides it will have, should we assume the rides will put a lot of focus on being family friendly and having little to no height requirement?

Since this is replacing Kidzone and we are already trying to figure out what kind of rides it will have, should we assume the rides will put a lot of focus on being family friendly and having little to no height requirement?

Most have called it a "family" project more than a "kiddy project", which is what KidZone currently is. I'd imagine heigh requirements will be of the 34-inch variety like Kong.

Though I still expect one semi-thrilling afair to be included. This is Universal, afterall

Most have called it a "family" project more than a "kiddy project", which is what KidZone currently is. I'd imagine heigh requirements will be of the 34-inch variety like Kong.

Though I still expect one semi-thrilling afair to be included. This is Universal, afterall

I really hope the semi-thrilling affair is a RSR version of MarioKart because if they do a Tomorrowland Speedway style ride for MarioKart I will be very disappointed.

this makes me MOST happy lol

I mean family thrilling. So like...BTMR or something. Not Universal thrilling.

I really hope the semi-thrilling affair is a RSR version of MarioKart because if they do a Tomorrowland Speedway style ride for MarioKart I will be very disappointed.

I just feel like it'll be a coaster. Those Mack rumors had to come from somewhere.

I mean family thrilling. So like...BTMR or something. Not Universal thrilling.

I just feel like it'll be a coaster. Those Mack rumors had to come from somewhere.

That makes sense. I guess I was already assuming the Mack rumors were for a potential DK ride.

Edit: Now that I have taken a second to think, I would assume the most likely candidates for the area would be MarioKart, Pokemon, Zelda, and Donkey Kong in that order.

That makes sense. I guess I was already assuming the Mack rumors were for a potential DK ride.

Edit: Now that I have taken a second to think, I would assume the most likely candidates for the area would be MarioKart, Pokemon, Zelda, and Donkey Kong in that order.

I think a "Super Mario" ride will also be likely (Galaxy or Bros.).

I'm really hoping for a Super Mario Bros. dark ride. Enter through Peach's castle, maybe see Toad warning guests in the queue, ride vehicle enters pipe, random mayhem in Mushroom Kingdom like jumping on Koopas and launching out of cannons, ends with big-screen final showdown with Bowser.

Someone suggested to me earlier a live Pokémon battle show with special effects. Possibly a musion effect to make Pokémon look real.

I'm really hoping for a Super Mario Bros. dark ride. Enter through Peach's castle, maybe see Toad warning guests in the queue, ride vehicle enters pipe, random mayhem in Mushroom Kingdom like jumping on Koopas and launching out of cannons, ends with big-screen final showdown with Bowser.

If there's one thing I think will no doubt happen it's a Mario dark ride of some sort. Mario will 100%, no questions asked, be the main part of this.

can Konami be next? i was bummed to realize castlevania isnt a nintendo property i was just dreaming up the magic universal can do with a dracula based castle dark ride lol

In regards to land utilization, I would say that they're definitely not going to use both the MIB and Kidzone land. I think it will be a healthy distribution of land for 3 areas

Form left to right starting at FFL, the development over the years will be Ministry of Magic, Star trek and then moving south will be Nintendo. They will take a little of the MIB plot for Nintendo, and you can say buh bye to ET

P.S. Forget Zelda, I want a star fox ride!!!!!

can Konami be next? i was bummed to realize castlevania isnt a nintendo property i was just dreaming up the magic universal can do with a dracula based castle dark ride lol

How about Squeenix? A Final Fantasy themed land would be amazing...though we'll probably only see that in Japan

If there's one thing I think will no doubt happen it's a Mario dark ride of some sort. Mario will 100%, no questions asked, be the main part of this.

I entirely agree. I think Mario and Pokemon are the two locks for this area.

The question becomes, do you have just one Mario themed ride or two? I mean, they could do a classic no height Mario dark ride and then a slightly bigger MarioKart ride.

and you can say buh bye to ET
Speculation? or inside knowledge?

How about Squeenix? A Final Fantasy themed land would be amazing...though we'll probably only see that in Japan

Definitely - this just makes me realize how this deal may have just opened the flood gates for whats to come. The list truly is endless even from games i dont play or am not attached to the market is HUGE and better yet... UNTAPPED.. and amusingly... Universal has already won at the start line. :rofl:

minecraft
Halo
World of Warcraft (i believe rumored before)

all the sega properties (although they are a bit diluted) since sega has the opposite approach to what nintendo has
and on and on and on

just to be clear here i want to make a point that i think is a good one... obviously (my opinion) but Disney has really slipped on the opportunity they had with wreck it Ralph and could have (should have) licensed the properties that were in the movie to make a video game mini land

but then again tell me something new when it comes to Disney slipping on an opportunity to make something grand.

Konami is probably the most hated name in gaming right now, no way they last without Kojima.