Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel major characters that we will see throughout the park will be Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Pikachu, and Sonic. I also agree that Pokemon and Mario Bros will have the largest presence within the park. Pokemon will be absolutely huge thanks to amazing animatronics. The major ride will most likely be a very immersive mario cart race.
:happy:

I can't believe people are still talking smack about this. At the end of the day, it's an IP that is coming to life. And this one happens to be a pretty big one, and resonates with many peoples childhood. It's awesome that Universal is wanting to take risks with IP's like this, and is continuing to push the limits even after the success of DA.

At the end of the day, this is great news for Universal, theme-park goers, and Orlando as a whole! (Japan as well) The future is looking bright, and I can't wait to see what Universal does.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm incredibly excited for this. The possibilities are astounding and I for one, an extremely excited for the interactive Pokemon aspect of this. All of this has so much incredible potential and I can't wait to learn more about it :thumbs:

Pretty funny, but the Beast and I were joking yesterday that Universal needed to put an arcade in Skull Island that was nothing but Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.--then we get this today!

Pokémon isn't as cut and dry, as it's not 100% Nintendo owned. I think it'll get worked out, but I'd say Mario is the only definite.

As for rides, Mario definitely gets the E-ticket (or one of the E-ticket, who knows what the final plans will be). Maybe another ride? But I think we get 3-4 rides of varying sizes overall.

That's an educated guess, BTW.

The Pokémon company is actually owned by Nintendo...its weird how it works out where they divided that IP into different company yet all owned by the same company.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm trying to catch up and read all of these pages but it's too difficult to do right now lol But anyways, as much as i want to see Universal go all out with this land and see a ton of rides and experiences, i would of just been happy with a major Mario Bros. E-Ticket attraction lol So if it's more than that, I'm already 100% completely SOLD. And if it does turn out to be more than we can comprehend you gotta at least 2 Super Mario rides. Preferably Mario Kart and a Super Mario Bros. Dark Ride! I also am ecstatic of the possibility of there being a Pokemon attraction. I stopped being a fan after all the "newer" type Pokemon got into the mix. That goes for the cards mainly. And If your a fan you probably know what I'm talking about. My dream set up would consist of: A major Mario E-Ticket Dark Ride(Mystic Manor style), A Nintendo themed coaster/Dark ride elements(MARIO KART), A Pokemon SNAP themed attraction AND an Amazing Nintendo arcade consisting of a play land that can entertain all ages(All Nintendo characters involved). I'm obviously dreaming with some of it but weren't we all dreaming of just the possibility of a Nintendo land? So you never know what could happen.

Don't know why some people are talking about a best of Nintendo All-Stars Super Smash Bros mash up ride, IDK what else it could be called. It would be Mario with the E-Ticket.

As they say you can't please everyone and simply driving past all the characters nonsensically thrown together would please no one. That basically sounds like the It's a Small World of Video Games. Oh you get to SEE your favorite character, but for 3 seconds and they are not exactly in character lol.

No no no no. For this to work they need to go all in with their biggest hit.

Edit: While I was typing Accio Butterbeer posted what I see as likely.

Last edited:
LOL its not on Disney Fans who think Nintendo is taking over Marvel but I also went on Reddit to the Nintendo fanpage just to see what they say and think and they all think Universal is going to do is retheme Marvel Island to a Six Flag level and wishing Disney got it because they could do it better....MARVEL ISN'T GOING AWAY.

(Majority want a Pokémon snap ride which is an interesting concept on that forum)

I think though Universal wouldn't just add rides but also shows. Super smash bros would be a great show (WWE smackdown with Nintendo Characters) along with the Mushroom Kingdom Revue. Super Mario lends itself to be a playground due to all the pipes.

Last edited:
Don't know why some people are talking about a best of Nintendo All-Stars Super Smash Bros mash up ride, IDK what else it could be called. It would be Mario with the E-Ticket.

As they say you can't please everyone and simply driving past all the characters nonsensically thrown together would please no one. That basically sounds like the It's a Small World of Video Games. Oh you get to SEE your favorite character, but for 3 seconds and they are not exactly in character lol.

No no no no. For this to work they need to go all in with their biggest hit.

Lol that wasn't "some people", just me. It struck me as a good idea to incorporate all characters without devoting the biggest ride to just one. If done right, it wouldn't be a fly-by of 3 seconds. It could be like Spider-Man (where several villains make an appearance) for example, set against a Wreck-It Ralph type environment. That also allows them to come up with their own storyline. Just spitballing. Its fine if you don't agree though lol. You guys are all so passive aggressive today :lol:

Well we're kinda moving into uncharted territory.

The only major video game IP that I recall being in a theme park was after it was also a movie...Tomb Raider.

The big question which I've posted before is, how interactive do you make a land based on a video game franchise?

Lol that wasn't "some people", just me. It struck me as a good idea to incorporate all characters without devoting the biggest ride to just one. If done right, it wouldn't be a fly-by of 3 seconds. It could be like Spider-Man (where several villains make an appearance) for example, set against a Wreck-It Ralph type environment. That also allows them to come up with their own storyline. Just spitballing. Its fine if you don't agree though lol. You guys are all so passive aggressive today :lol:

Was it just you? Sorry I just read thru the 16 pages and my brain is a little fried. But it seems like it was mentioned a few times.

Nintendo has hundreds of characters that would need to be whittled down. Now you have just a handful of characters, that are from different universes and have no business being in the same story together. That is a little too Toy Story for me. Where you would basically have a new character that looks like Mario, but is not Mario. A la the Buzz Lightyear toy is not Buzz Lightyear.

I am just not buying that happening. At least a ride fully immersive in the Mario universe, or nothing.

Well we're kinda moving into uncharted territory.

The only major video game IP that I recall being in a theme park was after it was also a movie...Tomb Raider.

The big question which I've posted before is, how interactive do you make a land based on a video game franchise?

Sega has a total theme park made off SONIC and their IPs in Dubai...just take those concepts and take it to the max
http://www.segarepublic.com/en/Explore/ParkMap.aspx

Sega has a total theme park made off SONIC and their IPs in Dubai...just take those concepts and take it to the max
http://www.segarepublic.com/en/Explore/ParkMap.aspx

Exactly. The SEGA park is more like a Disney Quest. Take Nintendo to the top of the food chain. I mean Universal could of gotten away with just a Mario Land, I would have been stoked for that too. But this is just nuts! It's the dreamland of all theme parks! Blow us away Universal!

Last edited:
My first thought:
[video=youtube;E4rw1RbD-UQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4rw1RbD-UQ[/video]

I think I would like this to be in Toon Lagoon more than KidZone, but either way, this is replacing a dead area of the park so I cannot complain, as long as MIB is safe.

I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, but that's because I refuse to buy Nintendo hardware to play their games (but if they released their games for PC, you bet your sweet ass I'd play them!). That being said, the characters are iconic and I look forward to seeing the type of universe they create.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get Nintendo characters in a theme park.

So true. I mean the possibilities are truly endless with the game and characters that are included with Nintendo. It's one of the those brands you think "That would be an amazing theme park" or "How the hell is there not a themed land/park of this anywhere?!" lol

To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get Nintendo characters in a theme park.

So true. I mean the possibilities are truly endless with the game and characters that are included with Nintendo. It's one of the those brands you think "That would be an amazing theme park" or "How the hell is there not a themed land/park of this anywhere?!" lol

Nintendo is VERY protective of their IP. Universal must have blown them away to get them to agree, plus Nintendo has been hurting financially