Getting Started! | Inside Universal Forums

Getting Started!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 10, 2015
Hello,

I am new to the forums and would appreciate your advice on how to start my day.

Some background information first, should it be useful:
• The tourists: my husband and I along with our two children, ages 15 and 17
• Date: August 14, 2015
• One-Day/Two-Parks without Early Entry
• Crowd calendar from touringplans.com says Aug. 14th is 6 out of 10

I would like our first attraction to be Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. The Unofficial Guide book I’m reading says that on most days barricades will limit access to the London waterfront all day and time-entry return tickets will be needed. As a potential time saver, they present an option of heading to Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure (IOA) and lining up for the Express train first thing and taking it to USF and then going to Gringotts. Supposedly this way, you get to experience the train and Gringotts in less time than just entering from USF.

My questions:
• I’d prefer to start the day in USF to avoid going to IOA twice. If we do this, should I try to go directly to Gringotts or would it be better to head straight to the kiosks and get a timed ticket?
• The book mentions getting a Diagon Alley ticket too.
Is this different than the London barricade one?
Do you have to have this one to get to Gringotts or is the London one sufficient?
• Do you recommend though, instead, going to IOA as noted above?

I’d sure appreciate your help on how to get going!

Welcome to the forums Misty!

I'm not about to argue with Seth, but I thought that the barricades had officially gone.

Welcome to the forums!

There were no barricades in the London section when I was there a few weeks ago. However, this time of year is slower than August, so the barricades may be brought back during busier time, but I do not think they will be as needed as last year.

Hi, Misty!

I am pretty sure the barricades are gone, but like Friar said, they could resurface during busy times.

I'm going the end of May and I too want to hit Escape from Gringotts first. I get early admission, but only to IOA. Based off of some other posters suggestions, we're going to arrive to the turn styles about 45 minutes early. Seth said that they tend to open the gates about 30 minutes prior to the actual posted opening time.

If you do find yourself having to get a return time ticket, I would get it first thing and then do the rest of the Studio's. There is plenty to do to take up time... Transformers, MIB, ET, etc, before your return. Then hit IOA later on in the day as crowds start to leave. Do you know parks hours for those dates?