Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Halloween Horror Nights

Couple of locations I was thinking of as I was looking at Google Maps...

1) Shrek overflow queue - House entrance to line could be where the Transformers Meet and Greet is, queue could be backstage, there is a ton of room back there..exit would take you out to the Hollywood Street

2) Behind MIB and Between FFL - This area has been proposed before

3) Terminator Queue and Backstage area - If I remember the Terminator overflow queue is quite expansive and there is backstage room behind it

4) New Location over the Lagoon - I know this is super crazy, but if you look throughout the lagoon there are structures hanging out over the water...we could see a tent/or structure built over the water and themed to a warehouse...

I don't know if I'd feel comfortable walking into a tent surrounded by water, especially if they're rigging up lights and sounds.

Putting a queue through Terminator would make Hollywood Blvd worth actually crossing through. I missed the scare zone there last year because I didn't have a real reason to go through there.

Locations (Old and New) That could work for HHN Houses:

USO:

1. The Soundstages: Outside of the ones being used for Family Feud, Impact Wrestling and Spanish The Voice, how many are there not in use? Worst case scenario, couldn't we have straight line from the normal Disaster queue spot and go behind the Mummy instead? I don't know Dow the traffic flow is in that spot, but it could work. If not there, how about the fence between the arcade and the Italian resturant in New York?

2. Sprug Tents: There's 3 of them now. I would think they could be moved if necessary.

3. Parade Warehouse: Duh.

4. Gringotts Extended Queue: I'm not sure how to set up the line, but if the poles are movable in the extended area before the inside of the bank, it could make for a decent sized house for a London setting.

5. Behind MIB: Already said.

6. Terminator Extended Queue: I think you mean the outside portion of the building. If so, why can't the inside of the Terminator building be the line and enter the house through the emergency exit next to the pre show room?

7. Shrek Extended Queue: Already mentioned.

8. Mummy Extended Queue: The theatre building up front is never used. Why can't the house go in there and maybe flow them
in from Disaster/BJ area?

IOA:

1. Soundstages: Theyre going to be used either way.

2. Poseidon's Fury: How is this still open? It's only good for a haunted house for HHN.

3. Hogwartz Extended Queue: A lit bit tricky with the different levels, but the same principals apply as Gringotts did.

4. Dragon's Challenge Castle: That line is too long for that ride that has had everything cool stripped from it since Potter came to Orlando. You could flow guests in through the exit area and use the bulk of the castle as a house.

5. JP Discovery Center Bottom Floor: Used in the past.

6. Triceratops Encounter: This abandoned ride could make a decent haunted house without even decorating it. Just get attacked in a shut down, Rusty, torn apart ride could be something new for HHN.

7. Popeye/Bluto Queue: Was used in the past.

8. Spider-Man Extended Queue: Over by the border to Toon Lagoon there's a decent sized spot to put a house in Marvel, if needed and Carnage Warehouse is closed.

I don't go to HHN, but what did they do when DA replaced Amity?

Well they were gunna do the 8th house where Transformers was. That ended up being the year with only 7 houses. The following years have compensated by having an extra sound stage house. You could fit 5 to 6 houses in the sound stages assuming they arent being used for other activities but 4 really is the max you can fit in there line wise.

Well they were gunna do the 8th house where Transformers was. That ended up being the year with only 7 houses. The following years have compensated by having an extra sound stage house. You could fit 5 to 6 houses in the sound stages assuming they arent being used for other activities but 4 really is the max you can fit in there line wise.

If/when the event goes two parks, there can easily be 6 houses with 3 lines on each side.

The plan was 8, but a soundstage was planned to be used for testing for future attractions. It went down to 7, then TF was green-lit. They obviously can't do 6 houses so they brought back the parade building as a late replacement.

The plan was 8, but a soundstage was planned to be used for testing for future attractions. It went down to 7, then TF was green-lit. They obviously can't do 6 houses so they brought back the parade building as a late replacement.

Interesting. I didn't know that was how it went down. Why did they originally want to move away from the parade building?

Interesting. I didn't know that was how it went down. Why did they originally want to move away from the parade building?

Memory sketchy on that one...

I think it was because they may have needed it for something else during that timeframe, but eventually had to make do and use it anyway.

Memory sketchy on that one...

I think it was because they may have needed it for something else during that timeframe, but eventually had to make do and use it anyway.

I'm pretty sure it's because Superstar Parade opened that year and they originally had no room for a house with that and the Mardi Gras floats in the building. To compensate they built that overhead covering that now protects the shrinkwrapped Mardi Gras floats so they could put a house in there.