Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

My Stay at Polynesian

I once stayed at the New Orleans resort which I paid good money for. It would take 30+ minutes for the bus to arrive so I spoke to the manager. When I did, she just told me, I'll look into it. I was so pissed off. Isn't that a major reason why people stay on property, for easy transpiration to the parks. Anyways, I sent them an email and they gave me free fast passes for my next visit. What a joke.

I don't want to completely go on an all-out attack.. :lol:

At the same time, I feel like there is a glaring issue at the resorts. I heard of another person's stay (different resort) with dirty sheets as well. Be my guest.

I once stayed at the New Orleans resort which I paid good money for. It would take 30+ minutes for the bus to arrive so I spoke to the manager. When I did, she just told me, I'll look into it. I was so pissed off. Isn't that a major reason why people stay on property, for easy transpiration to the parks. Anyways, I sent them an email and they gave me free fast passes for my next visit. What a joke.

I can't stand taking bus transportation daily, so I always go on Priceline the week of my trip (timing is key) and get a Name Your Own Price rental car for around $8 a day. Being able to come and go -- and go buy liquor off property -- makes it more than ideal for us. Time is money. Even if we are only driving from hotel to park and back to hotel, I can still justify the $4 each way.

I would, but that means I'd have to join.... *shudders*

I have been banned 3 times under 3 different aliases. They are cray-cray over there.

Still only banned once here, though. :look:

I see no reason to slam out sites here. Brian had a bad visit and it's being compounded and supported by other people's reports at the Polynesian and other Disney resorts.

Since I was "called-out"...

The point of me sharing these pics and my experience was to share my disappointment. When I make a reservation for Disney, I expect a "Disney Experience". I have no agenda towards any park or resort. Yeah, I poke fun - but that's what it is - poking fun. People seem to forget that it was Hate and I updating the condition of the Hulk Coaster as UO in 2010. If something needs to be pointed out, regardless of resort, we will point it out.

When I was young and my parents told me we were staying on property, I knew the trip was going to have a different feel. I remember staying at the "Disney Village Resort" and walking in the bathroom to find the bath soaps that read "Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!". Or leaving the Disney World channel on all night so I can learn all the "Zip-a-dee-doo-Dah Tips for the Day".

It's those little things that stick out. I didn't get that this trip.

MY experience isn't going to match YOUR experience, and that's ok. Every body is prone to mistakes, but it's how they empathize and react to it that makes all the difference.

This is really disappointing to hear, BriMan. We have stayed at everything from value through deluxe at Disney (even stayed at Swan and Dolphin) and have enjoyed every stay without these type of issues, but hate to hear customer service going downhill (at least for this trip). Any hotel (Disney, Universal, unaffiliated) can have issues pop up and it boils down to how they respond--something it seems like they failed at in this instance. I had a horrible issue with a Hilton not to long ago and I explained the issue to guest services and they were so apologetic and addressed the issue (even after I got home), that I ended up feeling better about them than before the screw-up. Anyway, I hope the rest of your honeymoon made up for it! :cheers:

This is really disappointing to hear, BriMan. We have stayed at everything from value through deluxe at Disney (even stayed at Swan and Dolphin) and have enjoyed every stay without these type of issues, but hate to hear customer service going downhill (at least for this trip). Any hotel (Disney, Universal, unaffiliated) can have issues pop up and it boils down to how they respond--something it seems like they failed at in this instance. I had a horrible issue with a Hilton not to long ago and I explained the issue to guest services and they were so apologetic and addressed the issue (even after I got home), that I ended up feeling better about them than before the screw-up. Anyway, I hope the rest of your honeymoon made up for it! :cheers:

It was, thanks!

I get it. Things happen. I worked for Carnival when the Triumph got stuck in the Gulf. What happened was out of Carnival's control, but they tried everything to make the passengers happy. A majority of guests were quite happy with their treatment and compensation after it was all said and done. (I'm not looking for comp, FWIW.)

What's funny is during our leg in Savannah, we arrived at our hotel 30 min before check-in. It was our "fault" but because we had to wait, the hotel gave us a couple of free drink coupons to enjoy at the rooftop bar. Those are the little things you don't expect, but remember forever.

Brian causing waves all across the internets today :lol:

Disney, Universal, Holiday Inn, I would have felt the same thing regardless of the chain and know you guys don’t have an agenda against some parks. Heck, everyone remembers HTF’s attack of the killer ants horror story his first time at Cabana, he sure didn’t sugar coat that.

It just sucks since you expect to receive a higher level of accommodations and customer service first being that its “Disney” and second in that it’s a “deluxe” resort. Then the fact that they didn’t even try to make the situation better while you were there is inexcusable

It was, thanks!

I get it. Things happen. I worked for Carnival when the Triumph got stuck in the Gulf. What happened was out of Carnival's control, but they tried everything to make the passengers happy. A majority of guests were quite happy with their treatment and compensation after it was all said and done. (I'm not looking for comp, FWIW.)

What's funny is during our leg in Savannah, we arrived at our hotel 30 min before check-in. It was our "fault" but because we had to wait, the hotel gave us a couple of free drink coupons to enjoy at the rooftop bar. Those are the little things you don't expect, but remember forever.

Did you stay at the Bohemian? I've frequented that bar a lot since it opened.

Did you stay at the Bohemian? I've frequented that bar a lot since it opened.

That's exactly where we stayed. :lol: Loved it!

Brian causing waves all across the internets today :lol:

Disney, Universal, Holiday Inn, I would have felt the same thing regardless of the chain and know you guys don’t have an agenda against some parks. Heck, everyone remembers HTF’s attack of the killer ants horror story his first time at Cabana, he sure didn’t sugar coat that.

It just sucks since you expect to receive a higher level of accommodations and customer service first being that its “Disney” and second in that it’s a “deluxe” resort. Then the fact that they didn’t even try to make the situation better while you were there is inexcusable

You mean we were critical of Universal? Our M.O. has failed!

For real BriMan, don't feel bad. People will have their own opinions but you are 100% in the right. I personally feel that you should be compensated, but at the same time totally understand that you don't want/expect that. I'm the same way. Its just a shame that it happened.