Best place for Craft Beer? | Inside Universal Forums

Best place for Craft Beer?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 7, 2010
Going to CityWalk for Kids in the Hall at Hard Rock. Want a good place to go after the show to sip on some craft beers. What's the best place in the City Walk area for such libations?

Thanks!

Going to CityWalk for Kids in the Hall at Hard Rock. Want a good place to go after the show to sip on some craft beers. What's the best place in the City Walk area for such libations?

Thanks!

CityWalk had a meh beer selection. Best option would be CowFish since they at least have Dogfish Head. If you don't mind a walk Jake's at RPR has a better selection.

Never mind...how far of a walk is it? I'll probably go to cowfish since it's close by. Can't believe how lame the selection is though.

They are opening a Microbrewery in CityWalk later this year. They should have a pretty good selection of craft beers. Unfortunately, it won't help for your trip.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised how late they are on the bandwagon. It's become pretty common to see craft beer at almost every mid-scale restaurant. At least down here in south Florida.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised how late they are on the bandwagon. It's become pretty common to see craft beer at almost every mid-scale restaurant. At least down here in south Florida.

Disney is no better. They might have more overall options, but not in one location (minus WS).

NBC Sports will give you the craft beer selection but that'll open later this year. Yard house is your best bet close with a good selection. Not sure where you're staying but that's the best bet.

Another good option (if you don't mind driving just a bit away from property, and want to avoid the craziness of I-Drive...) is Crafted. I accidentally found this place on my last trip, and they have quite a selection.

http://www.craftedorlando.com/#bar

Decent food, too.

Another good option (if you don't mind driving just a bit away from property, and want to avoid the craziness of I-Drive...) is Crafted. I accidentally found this place on my last trip, and they have quite a selection.

http://www.craftedorlando.com/#bar

Decent food, too.
Haha, I live within walking distance of Crafted. That comes in handy sometimes. The head chef there came from Kress Chophouse downtown. The food is great and the beer selection is good and it's not far from Universal.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. We ended up going to Cowfish. the Dogfish was flowing nicely. Really disappointed with the selection at Hard Rock...although they did have one tap of Fat Tire I settled for.

I haven't been to City Walk that late (Midnight) in a long time. Place transforms from theme park tourists to local teens/20 somethings around 10pm.

In addition to Yardhouse and World of Beer (more a fan of the former than the latter), Player 1 Video Game Bar is just 10 minutes down Turkey Lake Road/Palm Parkway. Very good craft beer selection, and a unique atmosphere. Sea Dog Brewing Co. (a Shipyard outlet) is in the same plaza; good beer, bad food and service.

Upcoming Events for Friday, May 22, 2015
JAKE'S BEER FESTIVAL AT LOEWS ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/jakes-beer-festival-tickets-16142465549?aff=lh

This might be pretty cool if you are looking for this type of thing on site. Just listened to the Park Blogger Podcast and Brandon had nothing but good things to say about it. Also I thought he mentioned about them doing something small every Friday but I would have to go back and listen again for details