Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The perfect nintendoland in my opinion: Warning this is a lot of blue sky
Isledelfinohd.png

Within that,
Pikmin's garden retreat (a garden based playground)
Super Smash Bros live action show
Zelda water temple water ride
Pokemon Battle Resort (Catch, Battle, buy pokemon stuff along with a safari zone ride)
Luigi's Mansion (all year haunted house dark ride or walkthrough)
Mario Kart around the plaza
Donkey Kong mine train coaster
Super mario galaxy coaster

Dining:
Fire Emblem cafe (lunch/dinner theatre)
Metroid: The other M restaurant (dark scary dining experience)
Animal Crossing Coffee shop (cute coffee shop and dessert shop)
DK's frozen banana stand
And a good gimmick resturant based of star fox and F-zero where your food flies and races to your table

I think if it was done like this, everyone could get what they want in some form or fashion

Reactions: Frogki
If you're being realistic, there are properties that are clearly going to be represented in a big way. Expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointed.

Mario
Zelda
Pokemon
Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii outsold the entire Metroid Prime trilogy combined. Metroid just doesn't sell, so realistically it's not gonna show up. Star Fox has been dormant since GameCube, so that's clearly not going to be there either.

I feel like Zelda's inclusion could really depend on what Uni decides they want the land to be. If it is meant to replace kid zone then I feel like Kirby is more likely to make it even though it may be less popular sales wise. Kirby would sell a lot more merchandise than Zelda and I can more easily see ideas for a dark ride or even flat rides themed to it.
If say it's a safe bet they got the rights to more than just the 4

Would it really matter so much to Uni if they didn't get more than the big four? The driving force behind the deal was brand recognition. Any references Uni could make to other franchises would be primarily fanservice. There definitely wouldn't be large investment attractions based off of those franchises for the most part no matter how interesting or well fitted they may be to existing attraction types.

I do hope the deal covers the gambit thoughm maybe we could get flat ride themed to the less popular IPs.

If the land isn't anchored by a replica of Peach's castle with a superb Mario themed attraction inside and a reference to 64's paintings, I will be very disappointed. I hate the fact that I can only really imagine another spiderman style simulator attraction to do the Mario series justice without focusing on a particular game in the series.

Last edited:
I would say think of replacing KidZone more about something taking that land, not so much tailoring to the same demographic. If they continue to spread the demographics throughout the whole park it would be a stronger appeal to families with varying wants and needs. That is not to say this area couldn't have a higher concentration of attractions for the tikes, but I don't see it being 100% kiddie.

If phase one is popular, which it probably will be, there'll probably be a phase 2. So, if that's the plan, it could weigh heavily into what the initial offerings are. The title mix may be predicated on that.

I keep reading that this Nintendo news will eventually replace either Marvel Superhero Island OR Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone. Why do I have this weird feeling Nintendo will be like Potter and will be split between both parks and take over both spots.

Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone could be rethemed into a Mario Brothers/Mario Party area. Feville's playground could be transformed into a playground with pipes from the Mario Games. The Animal Show could be made into at worst a meet & greet, maybe a show. The Nuthouse Coaster could be a Wario themed ride. And Curious George could be themed to Peach's castle. Then you build other attractions themed to King Boo & Bowser, possibly in ET. And maybe build a race car track for Mario Kart where Barney is.

As for Marvel, it has to be something big. And what would be bigger than Pokemon? Hulk could be rethemed with ease to Rayquaza, the legendary dragon type from Ruby & Saphire. Storm can be turned into Hitmontop. Doom could be a launch ride with Pikachu using thunder to launch you up. And Spideman could become an Ash adventure vs Team Rocket.

Thoughts?

I keep reading that this Nintendo news will eventually replace either Marvel Superhero Island OR Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone. Why do I have this weird feeling Nintendo will be like Potter and will be split between both parks and take over both spots.

Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone could be rethemed into a Mario Brothers/Mario Party area. Feville's playground could be transformed into a playground with pipes from the Mario Games. The Animal Show could be made into at worst a meet & greet, maybe a show. The Nuthouse Coaster could be a Wario themed ride. And Curious George could be themed to Peach's castle. Then you build other attractions themed to King Boo & Bowser, possibly in ET. And maybe build a race car track for Mario Kart where Barney is.

As for Marvel, it has to be something big. And what would be bigger than Pokemon? Hulk could be rethemed with ease to Rayquaza, the legendary dragon type from Ruby & Saphire. Storm can be turned into Hitmontop. Doom could be a launch ride with Pikachu using thunder to launch you up. And Spideman could become an Ash adventure vs Team Rocket.

Thoughts?

:doh:

Thoughts?

Respectfully, I think you need to read through the Marvel Island thread here on OU. The Disney oriented sites are usually in deep left field when it comes to Universal info.

Thoughts?

The current plan is for Kidzone. Marvel is going nowhere.

The Disney oriented sites are usually in deep left field when it comes to Universal info.

More like we're playing baseball and they're at a hokey rink.

I will give him credit in one aspect though. I hadn't thought about flat rides as being depictions of giant pokemon. Not sure if that would fly with TPC or Ninendo, but it's not a bad idea.

There used to be a Pokémon park in Japan that was short lived that had flat rides depicting Pokémon. I remember Latios and Latias being used.

I can't wait to see what they do for this. It's going to be awesome. Our childhood coming to life

Yeah. I can enjoy Marvel and Potter, though I don't really have that strong of a connection with them. On the other hand, I've been playing Nintendo games for over 20 years and have no plans to stop anytime soon. This must be what it felt like to be a Potterhead when Wizarding World was announced. Never felt so "targeted" in my life :)

Yeah. I can enjoy Marvel and Potter, though I don't really have that strong of a connection with them. On the other hand, I've been playing Nintendo games for over 20 years and have no plans to stop anytime soon. This must be what it felt like to be a Potterhead when Wizarding World was announced. Never felt so "targeted" in my life :)

This.

Would a Nintendo themed Toy Story Midway Mania work? If they had much better capacity? Half the reason that ride is so popular is because it's fun for all ages which is something Universal could use in their ride portfolio.

Would a Nintendo themed Toy Story Midway Mania work? If they had much better capacity? Half the reason that ride is so popular is because it's fun for all ages which is something Universal could use in their ride portfolio.

I would rather not have anything like that. Yea its fun but so overdone that even Knott's berry farm and Six Flags have their own version.

I read a rumor today tat kidzone is over taking Marvel and Toon. I know what has been discussed on here. I guess my main concern is, if Nintendo is coming, why can't they get started already? Regardless of whatever land it is taking over.

UNI did HP and Transformers at the same time and Simpsons area. Not sure what would be taking them so long if they had alreayd been in talks with Nintendo for a year or more.