Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015)

I can confirm that Universal will not have a marketed celebration for the 25th. It will be woven in here and there, but no public-facing celebration. This is because Universal's brand is not about tradition -- It's about what's now/new/next.
That's a great philosophy. Move forward, attack, & take no prisoners.

I can confirm that Universal will not have a marketed celebration for the 25th. It will be woven in here and there, but no public-facing celebration. This is because Universal's brand is not about tradition -- It's about what's now/new/next.

For now...I think, park wise anyway, we'll see that change a bit...

I'm not sure if anyone has reported on this yet, but from what I saw on my visit today they yet again changed the window displays at the Universal Studios Store to carry the 25th theme. Each window display is now themed to each of the park's original attractions, featuring plaques commemorating them, various photos and merchandise items relating to the attractions, and the UO 25th logo in the background.

Each window is themed to as follows:

Kongfrontation
Back to the Future: The Ride
JAWS
E.T. Adventure
Universal Classic Monsters
Ghostbusters Spooktacular
Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies

It might not be the exhibit/mini-museum everyone was hoping for, but it's defintiely something.

I sadly was not able to get any photos as I was in a bit of a rush (plus I'm also pretty terrible at that sort of thing), so hopefully someone else here can.

Wow. I can't wait to see that. Really wish they would commemorate the anniversary the way the park deserves. They have put out incredibly legendary attractions since opening and they should be celebrated.

If we don't get anything besides the concerts (that are pretty cool) I hope Universal will publish a nice book about the first 25 year with all the history, rides and behind the scenes stuff a fan would appreciate.

There's something planned, and even though I'm working it, I have absolutely no idea what is going on, which is pretty typical. Could be big, could be small, and I have no clue whatsoever.

I'm not sure if anyone has reported on this yet, but from what I saw on my visit today they yet again changed the window displays at the Universal Studios Store to carry the 25th theme. Each window display is now themed to each of the park's original attractions, featuring plaques commemorating them, various photos and merchandise items relating to the attractions, and the UO 25th logo in the background.

Kongfrontation
JAWS
E.T. Adventure

It might not be the exhibit/mini-museum everyone was hoping for, but it's defintiely something.

I sadly was not able to get any photos as I was in a bit of a rush (plus I'm also pretty terrible at that sort of thing), so hopefully someone else here can.

Can't wait to see pictures of this.

Kongfrontation
JAWS
E.T. Adventure

So cool, can't wait to see this

In this tweet by Hedgehog's Corner they show all of the displays:

7 Beautiful Store Displays Celebrating 25 Years @UniversalORL Universal [HASHTAG]#Jaws[/HASHTAG] @BTTF [HASHTAG]#Kong[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Ghostbusters[/HASHTAG]

CFQEeqBWYAAjNP5.jpg

CFQEfLfW0AA15C9.jpg

CFQEftkWAAAG_W-.jpg

CFQEgOpWEAIKj_E.jpg

DAMN... just missed this and the Kuka arm being fixed.... bad timing... ah well :(

Hi all,

Really pleased to finally see Universal giving the 25th anniversary some proper love.

Does anyone know how long these will be on display for? I'm heading down in October for HHN and really hoping that these are still there.

I'm also hoping there's some nice 25th anniversary swag to pick up :pray:

Just announced on the Today Show... a few from the show are going to come down for the "25th Anniversary" and to see Pitbull, whatever date that is. Aaaah... this Friday. Savannah and Al.

Last edited:
With no announcement today, I guess we are getting nothing? Interesting that they added a gigantic sign under the entrance arch.

Last edited:
With no announcement today, I guess we are getting nothing? Interesting
Not that interesting. We'd have heard ages ago if they were actually doing something significant

Today Show is still there tomorrow, remember. We'll see
The Today show is there mostly for Pitbull. Pitbull is performing on Saturday and he's also performing tomorrow morning on the Today Show.

Of course the concert series is tied to the 25th anniversary, so they could bring it back around and announce something I guess and use this as a kickoff.

The Today show is there mostly for Pitbull. Pitbull is performing on Saturday and he's also performing tomorrow morning on the Today Show.

Of course the concert series is tied to the 25th anniversary, so they could bring it back around and announce something I guess and use this as a kickoff.

The promos for the Today Show say they are going for the 25th Anniversary, which is why there could be an outside shot