2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 SeaWorld's New Coaster Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode it (SkyRush) in 2012 after it opened. One of the best airtime machines out there! My only concern is the restraint system. IDK if it is still being used or not, but when I went the restraints CRUSHED your legs. Afterwards, I rode with the modifications and while they were a little better, they still crushed my legs. If SWO gets something similar, I hope we have an improved restraint design.

Hence the ride earning its nickname, "ThighCrush." It's better than it was opening year, but the restraints are still pretty bad. Typical Intamin. Good airtime machine though...lots of fun when both of your femurs aren't being shattered and snapped off.

Last edited:
With a title like "Mako," I'm hoping some of the focus shifts from height to speed. As likely as it is to be a B&M, I wouldn't mind seeing Intamin do a Skyrush-esque coaster here.

Oh, I really hope this name sticks unlike the whole Cheetaka fun a few years back. Mako sounds absolutely perfect for a roller coaster's title.
Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have to get a username change to "Kraken, Manta, & Mako" :lol:

Mako... not really an appealing name. I'm sure the coaster will be great, but "Mako" just seems like an odd name for a coaster.

Mako doesn't seem all that threatening to me..or the least bit epic..

The Lame Name Patrol seems to be out and about at Sea World and Busch recently

Mako doesn't seem all that threatening to me..or the least bit epic..

The Lame Name Patrol seems to be out and about at Sea World and Busch recently
Falcon's Fury and Cheetah Hunt were good imo. The apparent new name for their coaster next year though is questionable...

Mako just seems so, friendly...this will be a 200' coaster..It needs the name of a sea monster or something threatening...

Speaking of which this just opened at Knotts...wouldn't mind seeing something like this come to SW and Busch

[video=youtube;6Ox3wSrgnQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox3wSrgnQk[/video]

Although, shooting fish may not be the best theme haha

The problem with Mako is it's so simplistic. Idk, maybe to some people that makes it better, but to me, if I say i'm going to ride Mako, it just doesn't sound that menacing.

Of course a potential 200+ ft drop will surely overcome any shortcomings the name has (imo) :lol:

Mako just seems so, friendly...this will be a 200' coaster..It needs the name of a sea monster or something threatening...

You all keep hating on the name, but Mako's all like:

Im-A-Shark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.