Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really hope the "double the street scareactors" they're telling the media about isn't just lip service. The streets need to step up their game.

The Parade completely destroyed the scarezones for HHN. I don't think we will ever get the kind of Scarezones we got before 2011 because of it (Unless they stopped running the parade in October)

I know the parade is loved by everyone, But I always wondered why HHN has to suffer because of a parade, shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't they stop the parade for a couple of months just to get proper scarezones?

I would think Horror nights as an event is more important than a parade that runs all year... it seems kind of bizarre that the parade is more important than the streets of HHN.

I am glad to hear we will get 5 zones, and I really do hope they add more actors to the streets

Really digging the new look of Jack. Also, big fan of the new logo. Reminds me of Carnival of Carnage.

Word.

HHN 17 was my first year, and aside from a lack of scarezones, it was my all around favorite year. If this year is going to be anything close to the Carnival of Carnage, I will be a very happy man.

HE LIVES!!! :lol:

That's all spec and rumor at this point. Nothing official.

Yeap, I've been lurking around always (I'm sure you see the stats), bout time I make a return lol

Hey congrats on the nuptials BTW. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

With 9 houses, maybe its possible Sting Alley is used along with Nazrmans for that 9th house.

Because if they were to put ANOTHER house in a SS, that is an insane amount of lines and crowds on just one side of the park, 3 houses near kidzone and Springfield, 1 in Disaster, and 5 in SS. TOO much.

That new redesign is absolutely vicious I adore it!!!! This is just awesome, jack works best in a carnival setting and HHN really knows how to pull off the carnival setting. I'm also excited he's getting his own show again, the original carnival of carnage show in my opinion is the best HHN show of all time. Better than any bill and Ted and certainly better than any of the icon shows. Magic, dark humor and a ton of gore, what more can you ask for? Seriously recommend finding it on YouTube if you haven't seen it. Also NINE HOUSES!!!!! I never thought I'd see the day, so curious where they're gonna fit it and I'm insanely curious of how it'll effect the event, without express this could be a 2 night event if you seriously wanted to do everything. An amazing day for fans like us, best part is they barely scraped the surface on announcements.....oh joy

I love how this year feels a little bit like a remake of 2007, which was my favorite year House wise
I really hope we get website similar to the website we had for 2007. I wonder how they will decorate the gates though

I love how this year feels a little bit like a remake of 2007, which was my favorite year House wise
I really hope we get website similar to the website we had for 2007. I wonder how they will decorate the gates though

I want the HHN 17 entrance back!!!

I want the HHN 17 entrance back!!!

yeah that's what I was thinking. I wouldn't mind if they brought this back as well

xdFdXJq.jpg

I'm actually really excited. The 5 Scarezones with hordes reminds me of 2008 streets, which were the best I've ever seen. I'm cool with 9 houses as long as we get another great house. I'm hoping that we get 3 great ones, 2 good ones, 3 okay ones, and realistically, 1 stinker.

it never happens lol. specially after the Hollywood takeover, there is always at least one okay house

No, I agree. I was just making fun of Jake's phrasing. Hoping and getting are two different things though, so if we can get 3 houses that are great, 5 that are good, and 1 that is smeh, I'd be happy. I haven't been a fan of the Disaster houses the past few years. Those are almost always my "smeh". Which is fine, because I seriously hate waiting in that queue more than any other.

I'm actually really excited. The 5 Scarezones with hordes reminds me of 2008 streets, which were the best I've ever seen. I'm cool with 9 houses as long as we get another great house. I'm hoping that we get 3 great ones, 2 good ones, 3 okay ones, and realistically, 1 stinker.

Last year was 3 great ones (Dollhouse, Halloween, TWD), 2 good (AVP, FDTD), 2 ok (Dracula, Roanoke), and 1 meh (GNG) IMO. If the rumored lineup remains intact I think TWD will be the only bad house.

Last edited:
So excited!!! this gives me all sorts of goose bumps and memories over my 11 year tenure at HHN!!!! That photo brings back great memories!!! I agree with Briman i want the awesome entrances back this year as well!!!

And Cole you have a link for the original carnival of carnage show???!!! all i have is memory!!!!

This year!!!! i just.....i can't even....im just so stoked!!! :whoo:

Do you guys think though that if jack returns with his own show will it be dumbed down??? I know that sounds harsh but for instance our sacrifice show last year got cut.. Wasn't it cut for it being to violent or something along those lines

Love Jack's new look! Beyond excited for this year's event! My birthday also happens to fall on one of the nights of the event this year, so definitely going to look into going that night. October can't come fast enough! :happy:

IMO the IP or theme of the haunt have very little impact on how good or bad a house is. I mean don't get me wrong I'm all about the theming but in the end it all boils down to execution and actors within the haunt to make or break the full experience.

Case in point: Shadows of the Past - HHN XX (Pic from Jim Hill Media)

8424.HHN_2D00_XX_2D00_ST.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

I still don't get it. So what, it's crowded? It's crowded wherever there is stuff to be seen.
It's not like you need to put a lot of stuff in there to make it look good. The alley itself does most of the work as is. I really don't want to believe that they stopped using the alley because of safety precautions. That's just too lame to wrap my mind around. Oh no... the alley isn't wide enough for our guests because it's so popular... Oh wait, I have an idea, let's just not use it and have all the people get jammed into another area of the park and it will also cut costs since we no longer will need as much fog juice. Done deal!

The pic isn't from HHN 20, it's 19.

Last edited:
I still don't get it. So what, it's crowded? It's crowded wherever there is stuff to be seen.
It's not like you need to put a lot of stuff in there to make it look good. The alley itself does most of the work as is. I really don't want to believe that they stopped using the alley because of safety precautions. That's just too lame to wrap my mind around. Oh no... the alley isn't wide enough for our guests because it's so popular... Oh wait, I have an idea, let's just not use it and have all the people get jammed into another area of the park and it will also cut costs since we no longer will need as much fog juice. Done deal!

The pic isn't from HHN 20, it's 19.

My bad. Yeah it's 19.

Also, whatever. It's clear you have your mind made up, regardless of how little sense it makes. :lol:

Hey... I love that alley.
There is also the street that it is basically connected to the entrance of the alley that brings you to the Transformer's Ride (Water St.?). Although they did use it last year for the Purge mini-show (when they grabbed someone and tossed them in the back of the truck), that street is generally deserted. They easily could place a scare zone over there or at least carry over whatever is taking place from New York. Is there a list with the 5 scare zone locations yet? Is San Francisco the 5th? See... I think that area is too open to have truly effective scares. Large set pieces would probably help make the area look more believable. Did you see the size of some of the stuff Singapore got for last year? It looked quite impressive.

Last edited: