Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saying HHN is so crowded and horrible is much like calling the MK crowded and horrible. It is quite simple as to why both are wildly crowded and I worry that some of you don't like the obvious answer. Ones only argument is "ain't going" which is a legitimate call.

I agree with Jake. It's better to wish for 1 bad house. Last year there was a few I skipped from time to time.

Sting Alley is the only scare-zone area that forces you to face the terror. Like inside one of the houses. I would not even mind. If they just use some fog, lighting and some animatronics or projections. They've just ignored it. With NY having shows. I believe it thins out the crowds.

I don't know if it was mentioned here yet, but today TMs were told that one of the Shrek theaters is being closed temporarily and used for HHN this year.

I don't know if it was mentioned here yet, but today TMs were told that one of the Shrek theaters is being closed temporarily and used for HHN this year.

Very interesting. Also very possible it's for non-guest facing functions (makeup, rest area, etc) due to the larger cast.

Insight for all of you on this year:

Last year, right after HHN 24, a certain review and limited vote for the top houses of all previous years was printed out in multiples and handed out (by a certain celeb of the event) to all of the HHN vision team within Art and Design. They felt that it was very important feedback to consider and therefore wanted all present to take it seriously for HHN 25.

So, the still waters of OU run deep, and trust me, they too, came to know it to be true.

Last edited:
Wow! That's just awesome insight teebin! OU crew should feel super proud!

And as for shrek? Makes more sense for background stuff isn't one theater kinda small for a house?

If we get the other icons back this yr i hope they give the other icons a new look to

(Part of me is starting to think this might not be a true anniversary yr)

I think they will all have a slightly different look that will unify them all together. Think lots of leather, like Jack was shown. I believe they should all be appearing in one big house together...like Walking Dead last year big

Shrek also has a pretty massive extended queue that's rarely used.

This is how I took this news. I think there is a lot of queue room for the back theater. I assume they could use the front queue for the house queue during HHN, then during they day, the house is closed and the queue is used for the one open theatre.

Really hope the "double the street scareactors" they're telling the media about isn't just lip service. The streets need to step up their game.

Agreed. Last year there was wayy too many empty spots. It ruined the "scare zone" concept.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how this year feels a little bit like a remake of 2007, which was my favorite year House wise
I really hope we get website similar to the website we had for 2007. I wonder how they will decorate the gates though

I really hope that's exactly what it is! lol I heard from a lot of other people that year was amazing. And i unfortunately didn't get to go. But it sounded like my dream HHN event.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I agree. I was just making fun of Jake's phrasing. Hoping and getting are two different things though, so if we can get 3 houses that are great, 5 that are good, and 1 that is smeh, I'd be happy. I haven't been a fan of the Disaster houses the past few years. Those are almost always my "smeh". Which is fine, because I seriously hate waiting in that queue more than any other.

Hmm, I actually enjoyed Giggles & Gore Inc. last year. I always had fun going through that house.

- - - Updated - - -

If we get the other icons back this yr i hope they give the other icons a new look to

(Part of me is starting to think this might not be a true anniversary yr)

Honestly, I would be stoked to see Michael Myers come back. Maybe in his own slasher vs. slasher house? That would be pretty cool. That Halloween house last year was probably my all time favorite house.

Agreed. Last year there was wayy too many empty spots. It ruined the "scare zone" concept.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope that's exactly what it is! lol I heard from a lot of other people that year was amazing. And i unfortunately didn't get to go. But it sounded like my dream HHN event.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I actually enjoyed Giggles & Gore Inc. last year. I always had fun going through that house.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would be stoked to see Michael Myers come back. Maybe in his own slasher vs. slasher house? That would be pretty cool. That Halloween house last year was probably my all time favorite house.

the streets in 07 were a little empty but the houses made up for it big time. I loved how they made the park feel like a carnival and I loved how there were a bunch of shows around the park to watch.
the houses worked very well together too. 2007 is my favorite IP year.
the music they played around the park was some of the best as well. I distinctly remember the Freddy Vs Jason Score being played around the entrance so I hope they use the music from the movie again, I would love to hear that music again.
I would hope they bring some of the carnival stuff back. it was so much fun.

I just hope and pray that B&T doesn't come back. Ever.

Apart from that, I'm ecstatic that Jack is back. I'm almost certain that Carnival of Carnage is making its return, and that makes me even more happy. I haven't really been keeping up with the rumors and all that, but house-wise, another TWD house would just make me nauseous. I'm excited for the ninth house as well. I know for a fact that the A&D department has been giving this their all. Expect great things.

Does anyone think they're bringing back the projectors for anything new this year? They'd definitely be a welcomed addition.