Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

Why do I have the slightest feeling SFA Is saved for now..just rethemed to maybe Stark industries in a way?

I doubt the ride goes away, but it will probably be rethemed if that rumor is true. Storm is as iconic as any X-Men character outside of maybe Wolverine.

Here's an idea: What if they rethemed Cafe 4 around Stark Industries? Just imagine dining in a big restaurant filled with all of Iron Man's various armors throughout the years aligning the walls...

How insane would it be to find Universal Tix on the MM+ website? The paradigm has shifted. Survivors adapt.
i did hear a pitch for a GotG ride utilizing the Rat ride system going into the GMR show building keeping the facade the Chinese Theater. Themed to the premier of GotG2. You go in like a movie premier. Then get sucked into a LPS Dark Ride.

i'd ride it.
I'd ride it, but i'd rather it be built elsewhere. DHS has to ADD, not REPLACE. And i'd hate to lose the GMR (although with cast not being entertainment, the ride is always hit or miss, much like Jungle Cruise).

So if an Avengers attraction is coming would it feature CGI versions of the characters? I think it would be weird if it was live action and then have Spider-Man in the same area and it still be CGI.

Wait, couldn't they just build access to the area behind doom by going through SFA?Then they'd have all that backstage space to build whatever they wanted and leave Doom alone.

Last edited:
So what would they replace Doom with?
167192101_7bc6a7a791.jpg

I'd rather have a Doom retheme than a total replacement. I love those towers.

The ride sucks and capacity is awful. When I rode this last week it was so bad... they had lots of express users so literally 2 people from the regular line were getting on each launch... they also had one tower open not both so the wait was quite long for a poor pay off. If you get the car park view as I did it totally sucks, and the coins and gum on the rooftop is disgusting.

I wouldn't feel a thing if Doom went.

I didn't notice if anyone else posted this, but it was interesting: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-and-universals-messy-joint-custody-of-marvel

I think the $1.5 Billion price is a little on the high side for a buyout, but it would be a tidy sum of money I'm sure. Of course two media giants that have to work together in so many other business arenas may be able to work something out through other means at some point. Just the fees paid by Comcast for ESPN would probably be a similar payout.

I didn't notice if anyone else posted this, but it was interesting: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-and-universals-messy-joint-custody-of-marvel

I think the $1.5 Billion price is a little on the high side for a buyout, but it would be a tidy sum of money I'm sure. Of course two media giants that have to work together in so many other business arenas may be able to work something out through other means at some point. Just the fees paid by Comcast for ESPN would probably be a similar payout.

That whole article was badly researched.

I read that today. My rant I made on another thread was based on this article!

Thanks for posting the link... but that article is just yapping gossip based primarily on websites like this and parkscope among others.

Here is an article.

No one seems to know what, if anything, is going on between Disney and Universal regarding the Marvel franchise. Let's see what it is exactly they do to Hulk as bids have gone out for the project. End of story.

So if an Avengers attraction is coming would it feature CGI versions of the characters? I think it would be weird if it was live action and then have Spider-Man in the same area and it still be CGI.

I think it would be an very safe bet that Blur Studios, who reanimated Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, will be involved with both CGI character models and environments.