Project 727 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of having a NBC comedy/attraction/tribute. I mean if we are going with the idea of a Jimmy Fallon attraction to replace Twister, then why not have something along the lines of this? There are some really popular classic NBC comedies that I'm sure people would love to go back and reminisce about. I mean Friends and Parks and Recreation?! You can never go wrong with real comedy. Those are literally two of the most loved comedies ever. Anyways, just throwing an idea out there.

I like the idea of having a NBC comedy/attraction/tribute. I mean if we are going with the idea of a Jimmy Fallon attraction to replace Twister, then why not have something along the lines of this? There are some really popular classic NBC comedies that I'm sure people would love to go back and reminisce about. I mean Friends and Parks and Recreation?! You can never go wrong with real comedy. Those are literally two of the most loved comedies ever. Anyways, just throwing an idea out there.
Or The Cosby Sho......oh wait. Cheers, people love that show!

They could kill two birds with one stone and move the FearFall over from Islands of Adventure and rebrand it as the NBC Ratings Plummet.

This attraction will only be of interest to US residents. Rest of world: 'Fallon who?!'

As above. U.S. Comedians are a lot different to what we get over here!!

Absolutely. I have never seen or heard of the guy. Neither has anybody I know. This is not going to be a draw to Universal for UK visitors that I will guarantee.

For all of you foreigners: Here is Jimmy Fallon doing the Tonight Show from Orlando spring of 2014. All of these jokes are regarding Universal Orlando so you will "get it".

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/7536

Ah....I see. Crikey, that is seriously dire, not at all funny. I've had more fun trips to the Dentist.
I hate the talk show host programmes, especially those with a laugh track and a host who constantly laughs at their own jokes.

I'm not seeing the attraction of this even if some people find it funny......why would a show on repeat be a good theme park attraction, especially when a tv show with new material airs nightly?

How can anyone justify putting a TV show in the parks work. Maybe TV show is the wrong choice of words because that is exactly what the Simpsons is. The Simpsons are animated though so it creates more possibilities and bring another world to life which doesn't exist. But I don't see how this will work. Don't see how this is an idea that is good. Don't see how anyone could vouch for this project of this kind. I remain optimistic though, and will give everything a chance, much like I did with Harry Potter and friends.. . Just intriguing to think how this would even work..

But it shoots up...
I have no tolerance for rides with drug problems. Next thing you know, it will be stealing Avengers action figures and selling them out of a busted up old van in an alley behind the park. I say cut it loose now before the problem gets out of hand.

First, I don't get all the Tonight Show/Fallon hate. Where's the love for Jimmy? It's not like he is some unknown. He's a very successful and talented guy and in my opinion, he's very funny.

Second, I don't get all the Soarin' technology hate. So what if it's old? We aren't talking about a spinner here. Soarin' is a hugely successful and popular attraction and in my opinion, very fun for families to experience together.

I look forward to see what Universal does with this. I'm optimistic that it could be a winner- even without the latest and greatest ride technology. Hell, it might even be popular with those folks from overseas who have never heard of Jimmy Fallon or The Tonight Show.

First, I don't get all the Tonight Show/Fallon hate. Where's the love for Jimmy? It's not like he is some unknown. He's a very successful and talented guy and in my opinion, he's very funny.

Second, I don't get all the Soarin' technology hate. So what if it's old? We aren't talking about a spinner here. Soarin' is a hugely successful and popular attraction and in my opinion, very fun for families to experience together.

I look forward to see what Universal does with this. I'm optimistic that it could be a winner- even without the latest and greatest ride technology. Hell, it might even be popular with those folks from overseas who have never heard of Jimmy Fallon or The Tonight Show.

It's not a Soarin' ride system like we originally thought, instead it's a giant motion base.

How can anyone justify putting a TV show in the parks work. Maybe TV show is the wrong choice of words because that is exactly what the Simpsons is. The Simpsons are animated though so it creates more possibilities and bring another world to life which doesn't exist. But I don't see how this will work. Don't see how this is an idea that is good. Don't see how anyone could vouch for this project of this kind. I remain optimistic though, and will give everything a chance, much like I did with Harry Potter and friends.. . Just intriguing to think how this would even work..

I agree 100%. I see this having the same fate as American Idol, but of course, I'll go into this attraction with an open mind. I'm just not convinced with this idea.

Don't confuse soarin's huge lines with "popularity". It's capacity is awful and there's not a lot of other attractions in that park hence the long lines.. look at the same ride in California adventure and tell me it's still hugely popular.

Don't confuse soarin's huge lines with "popularity". It's capacity is awful and there's not a lot of other attractions in that park hence the long lines.. look at the same ride in California adventure and tell me it's still hugely popular.

It's popular in California as well.

I thought Soarin was great when I first saw it in 2005. I saw it in California last year and cringed at how bad the projection looks compared to the HDTV in my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.