Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I read a rumor today tat kidzone is over taking Marvel and Toon. I know what has been discussed on here. I guess my main concern is, if Nintendo is coming, why can't they get started already? Regardless of whatever land it is taking over or all their resources are tied up with projects going on now even.

UNI did HP and Transformers at the same time and Simpsons area. Not sure what would be taking them so long if they had alreayd been in talks with Nintendo for a year or more.

Cold be any numerous reason really. Maybe those in the know can give you an exact reason, or maybe not. But from a speculation perspective it could be they are still trying to get the plans finalized, permit issues or even waiting for HHN to wrap up if it is in fact going to overtake Kidszone.

Last edited:
Reactions: twebber55
I read a rumor today tat kidzone is over taking Marvel and Toon. I know what has been discussed on here. I guess my main concern is, if Nintendo is coming, why can't they get started already? Regardless of whatever land it is taking over.

UNI did HP and Transformers at the same time and Simpsons area. Not sure what would be taking them so long if they had alreayd been in talks with Nintendo for a year or more.

Because concepts and concept artwork is a far cry from the nitty gritty of design and engineering and redesign and reengineering that must take place. Transformers is a bad example as built in Orlando as it was engineered and designed and built long before at another park. Orlando's is just a modified copy.

I get the sense that whatever is created for Nintendo will be created from scratch. Universal does stuff fast, but not that fast. The waterpark has been in development for at least three years and probably a lot more.

On top of what Teebin is saying there will be a global plan of rides and area's Universal wants to build but they are not going to build them all at once.
They want to give people reasons to come back every single year. So I'm sure they have a callender that states when Kong is ready, when F&F is going to be released, Fallon, Nintendo and more together with their new hotels and water park.
Still I think it's exciting how much Universal is doing to keep their parks fresh and exciting at a continios flow of big and small things.
Sure I want it to be ready this November (I'll be there probably for the last time due to bad health) but it's just not realistic.

Because concepts and concept artwork is a far cry from the nitty gritty of design and engineering and redesign and reengineering that must take place. Transformers is a bad example as built in Orlando as it was engineered and designed and built long before at another park. Orlando's is just a modified copy.

I get the sense that whatever is created for Nintendo will be created from scratch. Universal does stuff fast, but not that fast. The waterpark has been in development for at least three years and probably a lot more.
But if you modify something, it's no longer a copy. It's a transformation of something in it's original form....

Quick thought about what you said. The fact that building from scratch might be the case, that actually makes me happy and throws out the rumors of just a kid zone overlay and would solidify the rumors of a kidzone rebuild. That would also mean it isn't likely coming to Marvel SuperHero Island either.

It has been said a thousand times, but i will say it again....NINTENDO IS REPLACING KIDZONE IN UNIVERSAL STUDIOS NOTTTTTT MARVEL SUPER HERO ILSAND IN ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE. After kong opens, Islands of adventure will be packed, so universal will focus on putting the next big headliner in the studios park. Same thing happened with potter after it was first in islands of adventure. Marvel Super Hero Islands is not leaving until it is forced to by contract.

Would a Nintendo themed Toy Story Midway Mania work? If they had much better capacity? Half the reason that ride is so popular is because it's fun for all ages which is something Universal could use in their ride portfolio.

I honestly would hope they would think of something better than this.

It would be a complete waste. Nintendo deserves something better.
Wouldn't be a waste if you could turn Toy Story Movie Mania type ride into an interactive roller coaster of some kind that stays competitive but involves you into a ride setting (Gringotts type of deal) along with the gaming aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but they were still starting at 80% done when they ported it to Orlando. This is all brand new.

I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if this opened in phases though.

I suppose. Regardless I'm anticipating new tech. I as a fan can allow myself to be patient with Nintendo opening. By Phases I hope you mean like Harry Potter. Tht would keep people booking vacation after vacation.

Universal should also thing about building a "Characters" resort. Talking about getting families to book?

Could you imagine a resort similar to the likes of Art of Animation, with Cabana Bay ish finishings and elaborate theming for guests.?

All of the charcters represented in the parade and parks could be different suites and sections of the resort. Including Harry Potter. Cha-Ching!!!

I think it's very complex what Universal is about to do with the Nintendo brand.
For one they stated in the announcement that it will deliver interactive experiances.
So I guess they need to come up with games that are to the high standard of Nintendo and are also working as a ride.
Universal almost always goes out of it's way to have special ride systems, so to merge these together it a huge task and hasn't been done before in theme parks.
I'm positive they won't stick a Toy Story mania clone in there that is even got it's butt kicked by Six Flags.

OK, I have revised my guesses:

Mario Bros.: E Ticket 3D interactive ride-through utilizing Wii tech.

Donkey Kong: D Ticket dark ride shooter. MiB meets CarToon Spin.

Zelda: E Ticket dark ride utilizing the Mack Motorized Family Suspended Coaster ride system.

OK, I have revised my guesses:

Donkey Kong: D Ticket dark ride shooter. MiB meets CarToon Spin.

Zelda: E Ticket dark ride utilizing the Mack Motorized Family Suspended Coaster ride system.

Nice, I picture people throwing the wii remotes at the projection screens and causing a huge hole haha...

Last night I was dreaming (literally) of a Pokemon Snap ride...ahhh nostalgia

btw, A family suspended coaster like the Arthur ride would be very welcomed..

I also like the idea of more interactive rides coming to the park, not necessarily shooters

Wooden coaster based upon the mine-cart levels from in Captain Toad, can be made interactive by having you should at things to earn coins just as in the game.

[video=youtube;w6iNsU8EVm4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6iNsU8EVm4[/video]

Nice, I picture people throwing the wii remotes at the projection screens and causing a huge hole haha...

Last night I was dreaming (literally) of a Pokemon Snap ride...ahhh nostalgia

btw, A family suspended coaster like the Arthur ride would be very welcomed..

I also like the idea of more interactive rides coming to the park, not necessarily shooters

I NEED that Pokemon Snap ride! lol I've never been a Zelda guy, so i could personally do without a ride for that. I'm more interested in Mario Bros. and Pokemon overall. Though, a Donkey Kong Mine coaster would be something i would like to see.

Last edited:
Wii tech is already pretty outdated, nevermind by the time this thing will be opened. Nintendo has a new console in the works though, wouldn't be surprised to them try and use some of that tech.

I NEED that Pokemon Snap ride! lol I've never been a Zelda guy, so i could personally do without out a ride for that. I'm more interested in Mario Bros. and Pokemon overall. Though, a Donkey Kong Mine coaster would be something i would like to see.

I like Zelda, just leave out all the giant skulltulas. Those things freak me out.

I know the ride sucks but I was still pretty impressed with seeing a trackless ride system when I rode Antarctica.